Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:23:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]
  Print  
Author Topic: Paysite Discussion Thread  (Read 75056 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
cuddles

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: October 15, 2008, 09:04:55 am »

Wow, I can’t believe that TSR thread… Makes me feel so….foolish for ever believing they were a respectable site. And they actually have the nerve to think that including viruses to track their files is a proper way of protecting their files?! Sigh…

One thing I was wondering though how exactly do they “catch” people donating to other sites?? Is paypal actually releasing that type of information to them or something?

If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing slowly . . . very slowly - Gypsy Rose Lee
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 05, 2008, 05:20:01 pm »

wow haven't i opened a can of worms, for the beter i hope, interesting about tsr, i had need some time ago to go to tsr and download a mesh a free one, i actually followed a thread in modthe sims2, and my spyware detector almost had a nervouse breakdown and the same happened when i visited xxxsims, strange isn't it? going back to the original i fail to understand how a paysite can impose so called conditions of download when in most cases the skins are recolours of maxis meshes, i don't wish to see the sites destroyed i just want to see them join the mainstream and go free, well perhaps not all, some should just die a natural death i wont mention them but most of you know the ones i'm refering to.it was also sad to see some very talented artists withdraw their uploads and go to paysites, i certainly wont name them on this site but those of you who have been around a while know who i'm talking about
but let's put the original debate into context i asked why paysite meshes wern't included and the reply i recieved was quiet simple and straight to the point, i can't argue with that, however what i will question is why a lot of uploads are pictured in hair and clothing from paysites when those items are not available from this site, i had the same debate on modthe sims2 and thankfully that practice has now come to a halt. not all of us have access to these sites where the clothes and hair are available. so if they aren't included in the downloads lets not picture them so as to infer that they are, not every one out there reads the fine print or are savy enough to realise by the file size that what they are actually downloading is in reality a maxis default with a nice face, so please all i'm asking is if it can't be included lets not advertise it.
on a final note if custom is included let's only picture that and not what the artist has the sim decked out in in their game.yes yes i know they're for ilustration purposes only we had the same argument on modthe sims 2 and it didn't wash.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 07:06:11 pm by roerzman » Logged
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 21, 2008, 02:11:12 am »

therein is the quandary for jurists, Spongity.  The fact that there is a pre-attachment of a copyright to things in the EULA renders the EULA illegal in its very basis in the opinion of the 17 lawyers and 3 judges that would speak to me on this matter.
wow! there's gotta be money in selling sim mods to be able to afford 17 lawers and 3 judges.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]
  Print  

Jump to: