Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:51:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: Paysite Discussion Thread  (Read 75040 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 24, 2007, 01:40:57 am »

I like Reonjena and believe it or not I like Rose from Rosesims. Some people seem to have problems with her, but she's always been very nice to me and treated me with respect.

I don't download from TSR, I used too when I first joined the Sims website and went to looking at their fansites. But, unlike everyone else that seems to get all this great stuff? Everything I downloaded looked really bad in my game, so I ended up deleting it all. I must have chosen every bad creator there was on TSR to download from. lol But, at that time I didn't know who were the good creators and who weren't I was new. Anyway left a bad taste in my mouth so I would never download from them again from any creator there weather I know they are good or not.

Then I found MTS2 and Peggy Sims. Peggy Sims because I downloaded a sim off the EA website and went to look at her site and realized I had downloaded a pay hair, so I donated because I felt bad about getting it for free when she was charging. Peggy's hair stabbed my sims in the back and chest, there was big holes in it, so I only have one Peggy hair left. From MTS I found Rose and Insim. I still have some of Rose's hair in my game as well as a couple early releases of Raon's and that was the last content I paid for. From Insim I found the Sims Mod Board and so I stay pretty much on Insim, SMB, and MTS2. O and I like reading the forums at PMBD, and SFV. But I don't think I've downloaded from the booty, or that I can remember I should say. I find everything I need now on the free sites I listed. Content I not only know I can trust, but I know will be fixed if there is something wrong with it.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 01:49:00 am by PegasusDiana » Logged

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
SolidGoldFunk
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: July 24, 2007, 09:12:20 am »

I like rose too. Are you talking about rosesims.net? Because she does seem very nice. She's one of the few who responded to my permission requests. Also, Funny from Pimp-my-sims. She seemed really nice as well.

jenny_dunagan

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 24, 2007, 12:54:46 pm »

Quote from: kathy;837018
I don't think the discussion is unhealthy per se but I'm bored and Eric won't argue with me.

lol Kathy....you crack me up! I have a hell of a time getting my hubby to argue w/ me too sometimes. He's just too nice and prefers to walk away. :smt120

As for the paysites, I feel the same way most people do......if you don't like paysites, don't go to them, don't give them your money.
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 24, 2007, 05:42:22 pm »

Quote from: SolidGoldFunk;840895
I like rose too. Are you talking about rosesims.net? Because she does seem very nice. She's one of the few who responded to my permission requests. Also, Funny from Pimp-my-sims. She seemed really nice as well.

Yep that is whom I was speaking of. Wink Rose is really good about answering right away and granting permission. She also offers to help if you need it. I remember I found my first tutorial and asked her can I recolor your things? She said whatever you want, I would have said oh my gosh she wants to use my things and this is her first try? Do I really want my name associated with whatever comes of this? hehe I completely forgot about XM Sims and Nouk! I love both those sites as well. You know I went to Pimp-my-Sims once. Then thought oh this must be like the Pimp my thing the kids use for myspace, which means it's just a bunch of things to swipe from others. So, I never stayed. I've been reading about that site again over on PMBD so now when they go back online...I'm gonna go see if they have some goodies for me to snag. lol

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Chairman Greg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: July 24, 2007, 10:43:25 pm »

Oooh... Raonsims is a new one to me!  I haven't snooped around much yet, but she has some stunning hair styles on her front page!  Incredibly pretty sims, too!  And I guess it counts as a "pay" site because there is some text that hints that there must be some "donation" items around there somewhere.

B'b'but... The Wooden Simolean and Simsational Sandy (which are now sections of Sun Sims) don't count as "pay" sites unless you're watching an old movie. :lol:
(I did put a PayPal begging button on Sun Sims, so in the parlance used on the Ultimate Sims List it would be a "Free*" site, like Insimenator.  The * means that there's a begging button but there's no charge for any of the downloads.)

I think the trick to The Sims Resource is to learn to spot a few of your favorite artists and watch for goodies from them.  Keep an eye on the newer artists, though; I've watched some of the really great artists develop their skills over the years.

Hey, I just thought of one that I still host!  Dincer Hepguler has a few "donation" items, so he counts as a "pay" site!  He has some great stuff--very eclectic.  You'll see a lot of middle eastern designs on his site because he lives in Turkey.  I haven't talked to Dincer much lately, but I just realized I've been hosting his stuff for six years now!  
(FYI, all costs for the Moon Sims server are donated by CyberTeams; no charge to fans or webmasters.  Sites hosted there are allowed to do begging if they want to; I'm a zero-hassle web host as long as the webmasters don't put adult or political material on their sites.  Donations to Dincer support his son's college fund; Dincer himself never even sees the money.)

PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 24, 2007, 11:45:22 pm »

Quote from: Chairman Greg;841871
Oooh... Raonsims is a new one to me!  I haven't snooped around much yet, but she has some stunning hair styles on her front page!  Incredibly pretty sims, too!  And I guess it counts as a "pay" site because there is some text that hints that there must be some "donation" items around there somewhere.

B'b'but... The Wooden Simolean and Simsational Sandy (which are now sections of Sun Sims) don't count as "pay" sites unless you're watching an old movie. :lol:
(I did put a PayPal begging button on Sun Sims, so in the parlance used on the Ultimate Sims List it would be a "Free*" site, like Insimenator.  The * means that there's a begging button but there's no charge for any of the downloads.)

I think the trick to The Sims Resource is to learn to spot a few of your favorite artists and watch for goodies from them.  Keep an eye on the newer artists, though; I've watched some of the really great artists develop their skills over the years.

Hey, I just thought of one that I still host!  Dincer Hepguler has a few "donation" items, so he counts as a "pay" site!  He has some great stuff--very eclectic.  You'll see a lot of middle eastern designs on his site because he lives in Turkey.  I haven't talked to Dincer much lately, but I just realized I've been hosting his stuff for six years now!  
(FYI, all costs for the Moon Sims server are donated by CyberTeams; no charge to fans or webmasters.  Sites hosted there are allowed to do begging if they want to; I'm a zero-hassle web host as long as the webmasters don't put adult or political material on their sites.  Donations to Dincer support his son's college fund; Dincer himself never even sees the money.)

http://moonsims.asi.org/dh-sims-site/
Oo I have been to this site! I love their work. I have several of their objects in my game. Love that dragon statue in the Chinese Outdoors set. I think I have just about all of this set Gustavian. I have several things from the Victorian, and Romantic sets. Several of the Egyptian pieces and more. Come to think of it I think I've downloaded quite a bit from there. lol But, they really do nice work. I should donate, I wish they had a regular donation button besides paying for a donation item. Not that I wouldn't like some of their donation items, I'd love to have them because I know their work and I know it's great quality. But, I won't donate for anything pay anymore. All my donations are going to free sites to help them stay active, making a circle of all the sites I have downloaded from. I haven't been there in awhile...But there right now so I can see if there are any updates. Thank you very much for the link. Smiley

Oh PS Raon's stuff is good quality but it would cost you a fortune to donate for all her donation items and she doesn't offer any discounts if you buy more than one. It's 6 dollars a piece. Which is why I only donated for 2 and no more when I was buying things from paysites.

-Luciano de Crescenzo
SolidGoldFunk
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: July 25, 2007, 02:08:04 am »

Raonsims charges about 6 bucks for one month so you can get all of her donation items in the month you have the subscription. Are we talking about the same Raonsims? Because I just donated to her site this month and made it a point to get the donation items first so that I don't have to renew my subscription. I asked her if I could donate again so that I can give one of her bedroom sets to someone and she said no, she won't help! I was kind of disgusted because I could have just sent the stuff anyway because it was for my sister in NC. But as for TheSimsResource, I think SimAddict99 is a good artist, however she STILL hasn't responded to my request to use some of her items so... well I don't like TSR anymore. I now stick with 4ESF, ATS2, INSIM of course, and MTS2. Occasionally I will wander off to some other site... I will show more support to Rose though since she's such a nice person.Smiley

SolidGoldFunk
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: July 25, 2007, 02:09:47 am »

Oh, also 4ESF is expensive but they don't have too many donation items anyway. I almost have all of their stuff:D

PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 25, 2007, 05:07:24 am »

Quote from: SolidGoldFunk;842049
Raonsims charges about 6 bucks for one month so you can get all of her donation items in the month you have the subscription. Are we talking about the same Raonsims? Because I just donated to her site this month and made it a point to get the donation items first so that I don't have to renew my subscription. I asked her if I could donate again so that I can give one of her bedroom sets to someone and she said no, she won't help! I was kind of disgusted because I could have just sent the stuff anyway because it was for my sister in NC. But as for TheSimsResource, I think SimAddict99 is a good artist, however she STILL hasn't responded to my request to use some of her items so... well I don't like TSR anymore. I now stick with 4ESF, ATS2, INSIM of course, and MTS2. Occasionally I will wander off to some other site... I will show more support to Rose though since she's such a nice person.Smiley

You should not tell me that, she made me pay 12 dollars for two donation items and that is all I got! That will make me really mad. lol I even wrote to her and asked if she offered discounts if you want more than one donation item! grrrr I must have the word sucker tatoo'd across my forehead and it's true, cause if that's the case just call me queen sucker! lol

PS and Kathy, Nouk, Petra, Nymphy, Dew...none of my fellow Animal Army members, you are not allowed to comment on that comment...I mean it now, really and truly! lol
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 05:10:30 am by PegasusDiana » Logged

-Luciano de Crescenzo
Lilwen

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 25, 2007, 12:41:59 pm »

Quote from: PegasusDiana;842148
You should not tell me that, she made me pay 12 dollars for two donation items and that is all I got! That will make me really mad. lol I even wrote to her and asked if she offered discounts if you want more than one donation item! grrrr I must have the word sucker tatoo'd across my forehead and it's true, cause if that's the case just call me queen sucker! lol

PS and Kathy, Nouk, Petra, Nymphy, Dew...none of my fellow Animal Army members, you are not allowed to comment on that comment...I mean it now, really and truly! lol

Stood looking around to see if anyone is watching, very tempting to make funny comment before anyone sees but decides  to behave  and offer  cookies and milk instead.    :toothy10::laughing: :toothy7:

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.It's  already tomorrow in Australia " (Charles Schultz)
Join the AA Today! JOIN NOW
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 26, 2007, 09:26:21 am »

Ive been trying to get into the *ahem*booty*cough* but I keep getting "this page cannot be displayed".
Is anyone else having trouble there?
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: July 26, 2007, 09:33:17 am »

Quote from: Chairman Greg;841871

How else was I supposed to get my shameless, self-serving plug in there, silly man?

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 26, 2007, 11:49:18 am »

Quote from: Tomkat;843871
Ive been trying to get into the *ahem*booty*cough* but I keep getting "this page cannot be displayed".
Is anyone else having trouble there?

I never realized it was so easy to find all I typed in google was booty sims 2 and it's the first link. Jeez I was thinking I'd at least have to search for it a little. I can never remember the link to it and I know I have it saved in my favs along with a million other Sims 2 websites, which is why I can't find anything. I want some paysite owner to really irk me off so I can really go in there and raid that link and not feel guilty about doing it. That's what I get for being Catholic everything that's fun is bad. lol

Anyway I clicked on the link and went straight in.

Oh and PS it has NOTHING to do with weather I think a paysite is wrong or right. I personally believe they are wrong. Theives stealing from young children since the majority of players are teenagers, and EA. That karma will come back around to them. It's about respect to me which no one seems to understand. Respect of another human being. Two wrongs have never made a right to me.  If it is about paying for a website, there are always alternatives. If it's about getting you something "YOU" want or supporting your family, get a job. How is it they can photoskin a designers clothing totally disrespecting their trademarks/copyrights, yet expect others to respect theirs? Steal things from these free Poser sites that share freely with the community and then sell their things, steal from these cad places that offer object files for free to the community. Use tools developed and shared freely in the community. How many of them have offered a dime to help support SimPe? Oh but they'll sit like vultures at the website waiting for the updates. Then sit and pound their chest about their rights. Blah, blah, blah and on and on.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 12:13:16 pm by PegasusDiana » Logged

-Luciano de Crescenzo
SolidGoldFunk
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: July 26, 2007, 01:09:06 pm »

To PegasusDiana, you make a very good point, but like you said, the tools are out there and they're free so if people want to use them they can but they choose not to. I'm not going to say that meshing and recoloring is easy because it's not. I just tried it and I found it very difficult. I thought it would be easy because like you said, most people just take pictures of clothes and paste them on there. I had no idea until I read this tutorial on here. I thought it was all hand made... (with the mouse that is). The outfit that I did is "handmade" but that's because of the point you bring up that all these people are doing is stealing from designers and whatnot. I think people should be paid for their work because after trying it myself... I didn't even start with meshing yet... it was kind of difficult... I think time consuming would be a better word. I think if these people take the time to do the work then maybe they should get paid for it. I do however disagree with some of the policies but that's another story.

I would love to give TSR a HUGE piece of my mind!!! Someone else said it, that if people are going to charge for their creations then they should be as close to perfect as humanly possible.

But most of what you said is VERY TRUE!! I have to agree but disagree at the same time. You put your statement so well! I would have never thought about them stealing from designers if I hadn't read that tutorial on photoskinning. By the way, that was a great tutorial:)

djslippyman

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 26, 2007, 02:19:30 pm »

Again people who are against paysites are not against donating to sites that offer good CC.  As said before it would be great if you could "try before you buy".  You can't do that with a paysite (unless you get content from lots, sims, peer to peer, pmdb).

Basically the ideal utopia would be freesites that get the proper donations and support to keep going.  Where if you want a few items you don't have to run off to paypal first to try them out.  Where freesites can receive funds if fans want to donate them.

SGF it seems you seem ok with paysites, taking and giving money to creators basically.  That is your choice but its rather silly when there's so much great free content available. We all know its time consuming, we all know there are bandwidth costs, but does that justify it especially if lots of people say its wrong (EA Games, MTS2, PMBD) and the quality can often be poor?  I'd rather that great sites be freesites and that people donate to them accordingly.

I'd urge paysites and freesites to start taking advantage of free download hosting (sendspace, mediafire) and grouping their downloads.  Its a great way to allow free bandwidth and yet not pay for the costs.  Hundreds of music blogs use this method for hosting music files (50mb-100mb) and Sim sites doing this would be legal and likely last longer. Taking the bandwidth costs out of the equation would simplify the problem. Then it simply becomes should a creator accept payment for time spent.  I'd say definitely not but if they want to accept donations then other who say they do can repay them if they CHOOSE.

Cheesy Simposium The Ultimate Guide for Poses and Animations Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: