Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 07:27:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just Curious to Know  (Read 1708 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
baileybop
Squinge Is My Mastah

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2007, 03:35:56 am »

As stated I am just curious to know whether or not this is possible, and please I am not requesting that anyone do this for me.
I am one of the probably few who plays "Themes". My particular interest is Medieval and Victorian, and I have 2 custom created neighbourhoods for this obsession of mine.
I have all the custom content I need to play, careers, horses, clothing, hair styles, etc,and also the No School hack.
I even have cobblestone roads which are wonderful, but I am curious to know if there is a way to convert the rest of the neighbourhood to my desired theme. I pretty much ignore the cars and trucks transversing my cobblestone roads, but it would be really awesome if I could somehow turn those vehicles into horses and carriages.
Having expressed said desire, I do think it is not possible, I can't imagine the time involved, or all the coding and complexity of things of that nature beyond my ability to understand that would be required.

I stalk...... oh no, I mean I worship the Hack_Mastah, Squinge :worship:
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 09:32:37 am »

Now I haven't played Sim City in years and I believe that's what people use to create custom hoods but I believe the roads and what not are done entirely in that. I think it supported custom content but I don't really recall much about it so perhaps someone else can answer this as I am of no help.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 09:40:43 am »

well ... it's possible, but the amount of default replacements needed to make the total conversion of a whole neighbourhood would be pretty time-consuming.  The little cars in the neighbourhood view would be an all or nothing replacement, so even non-medieval/victorian neighbourhoods would end up with horse-drawn wagons and move unnervingly fast for that sort of conveyance.

I would stick to the low ground on this one :lol:

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
baileybop
Squinge Is My Mastah

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 09:57:26 am »

Thank you Kathy and Yakov, I did assume it would be a monumental undertaking which is why I specified it was not a request. But thinking about it, you have to concede that horse drawn carriages going at a breakneck speed would actually be quite funny, hazardous, but still funny none the less. :laugh:

I stalk...... oh no, I mean I worship the Hack_Mastah, Squinge :worship:
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 12:31:07 pm »

well they do go quite fast (we have Amish living nearby) but not quite that fast :laugh:

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: