Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 12:15:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I sort Family Members?  (Read 1536 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
AndyB

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2007, 05:01:52 am »

When joining a family member or several members from the Neighbourhood screen, they get inserted into the thumbnails in some order. I want to change that, so that Sim1 comes above Sim2 above Sim3 and not the other way around.

This also happens when I create an entire family and the order is somehow wrong. I tried searching for this and came up blank. I played with SimPE and could not work out a way of doing this.

Can I somehow change the order of family members or rather their thumbnails?

Any pointers - or am I missing the obvious?

Thanks
//AndyB
Marhis

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 06:11:56 am »

I'm sorry but I don't think it can be done; the order should be by age/name in the column to the left (elders first, then alphabetically if of same age), and by aspiration score in neighborhood view (if you click on the lot and then the info icon).
Auronette

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 09:25:56 am »

I've noticed that when I use the "Elixer of Life" that the order of my Sims changes.  So yes, the listing is by age.  The oldest members on top and youngest on the bottom.  So if you wanted sim 2 to be below sim 3, you could give sim 2 enough Elixer so that he/she is younger than sim 3. I'm not positive if this works on children because I've never done the Elixer on them, but I've done it with Teens through Elders.  Unfortunately, this won't work straight out of CAS because you won't have the aspiration points needed to purchase the Elixer.  Hmm...maybe a buyable Elixer?

Also, have you tried manipulating the "days left" in the life cycle while in SimPe?  I would think that would determine how old they are and maybe force the thumbs the way you need them.  I'm not positive tho... But if you back up your hood, which you should do anyway before messing with SimPe, you could always restore the family if it doesn't work properly.

And don't give up just yet cause this message is still new and more people, with more experience with doing this, may just chime in. Smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, I'd love to share what I've done at other sites. Please don't take it for granted, if you would like to upload my items to other sites, ask me. It may take a little while to get back to you, but you've got a 99.999% chance I'll do i
AndyB

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 04:18:56 pm »

Ooops, my feedback disappeared.....

You guys are genius!! I never realised the connection between age and order of thumbnails. I used the Temporal Adjustor and gave them different ages and lo' and behold - they are sorted just the way I want.

Thanks for the pointer.

//AndyB

PS: And of course the same can be achieved using SimPE, but that requires shutting down and re-starting.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: