Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 11:08:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bodyshop graphics bettern than ingame?  (Read 2075 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
summer_wine

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2007, 11:54:47 pm »

My bodyshop graphics is waaaaaaaaay better than my game graphics. my sims ingame are jagged while in bodyshop they're so smooth and nice.

why does this happen? what should i do to make my graphics ingame better? all the settings are on high and i have an integrated video card which isn't the best i'm told. but before my sims looked so much better before.

should i delete some of my downloads? i'm just so frustrated at the quality of my graphics Sad

The Price of Redemption ~My Sim Story! Check it out!
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 11:57:59 pm »

I'd check the graphic settings again.  If that doesn't help, reduce the resolution of the display to free up resources on the video card and drivers.

Deleting downloads won't do a thing to help.
summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 07:52:35 pm »

Quote from: ancienthighway;763675
I'd check the graphic settings again.  If that doesn't help, reduce the resolution of the display to free up resources on the video card and drivers.

Deleting downloads won't do a thing to help.

deleting downloads won't help? Sad

my resolution is 800x600. isn't that the smallest already? but i will try Smiley thanks ancient!

miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 09:21:00 am »

No, you need to turn "Sim and Object Resolution" (or something like that) to High.  It gets reset to low every EP.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 10:55:15 am »

Quote from: miros1;765126
No, you need to turn "Sim and Object Resolution" (or something like that) to High.  It gets reset to low every EP.

Actually, all of that depends on your computer. The game "decides" what the best settings for your game will be after installing eps, based upon your computer's specs.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 10:59:42 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 07:02:50 pm »

Quote from: caffeinated.joy;765202
Actually, all of that depends on your computer. The game "decides" what the best settings for your game will be after installing eps, based upon your computer's specs.

*sigh* i figured as much. what i don't get is why it suddenly started to look so bad Sad it didn't look as bad after i installed uni and NL. the only thing i can think of that majorly changed is the size of downloads folder. other than that, i have no clue as to why my otherwise okay graphics became horrible.

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 07:10:13 pm »

If you have Pets or Seasons, both put additional requirements on the graphics card and drivers.  My card has 256mb of video ram and while it handles Seasons ok, it does do a little time out on me as the graphic calculations are made.
summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 07:12:04 pm »

nope. only UNI and NL, no stuff packs either. Sad

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: