Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 02:48:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Any artists on InSim?  (Read 17149 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
rebelmozzerella

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2007, 11:51:07 am »

Quote from: Shastania;764060
That's a tough industry to break into. I wish you good luck!

Thanks, I need all the luck I can get! Here's part of the first chapter. Anyone who has feedback/criticism/prasie please give it to me! Be honest!

Chapter One

My mom had me doomed at the start. I feel kind of bad blaming her, because it wasn’t here fault she was such a klutz. Well, it was, but I feel a little better when I pretend it’s not.
   I knew of several incidents where my parents tried to play that game where they throw the baby up in the air, baby squeals with delight, parents catch baby, and repeat. Well, my parents forgot about the low ceilings.
My parents, knowing I had a severe allergy to mosquitoes, let me go outside by a pond in the dead of summer, and just forgot about me. Needless to say, the results were nothing less than catastrophic when they finally remembered me and I couldn’t see them because my eyes were swollen shut.
On my third birthday, my parents took me to the pool. It’s always so much fun when everyone pushes the birthday girl in the pool and everyone laughs. I don’t think anyone expected me to hit my head on the shallow pool floor, where a trip to the ER was required to fix the gash in my head.
The worst part is that none of those are even the worst incidents. The absolute kicker occurred at a Target Sunday afternoon, where everyone goes and buys stuff after church. So of course it was completely packed. I do believe I was about six years old.
My mom decided she needed a box of tampons. The very box that was on the top shelf. My poor mom never reached even a height of 5’5 and there was no way with her short stub arms that she was going to reach it. She came up with the brilliant idea for me to get on her shoulders and I could get the box. Still, I could barely reach.
Bzzzzz. Bzzzzz. Bzzzzz. Mom looked down to her vibrating pocket, only to see her cell phone vibrating.
“Hurry, hurry,” she pleaded. “It might be an emergency.” I strained to reach the box.
All I got to say is that phone had a powerful vibrate. Mom began to shake as the phone’s vibrate got stronger. So, of course, me being on her shoulders, I began to vibrate along with her.
My hand shook as it tried to grab the box. “Hurry, hurry, hurry, I’m about to drop you,” Mom informed me. I frantically grabbed onto a box and my mom collapsed underneath me.
My first instinct was to grab the shelf. So picture this: a scrawny six year old girl holding onto a Target shelf while, get this, her mom doesn’t help her down, she answers her phone.
Poor me is hanging on, when an unsuspecting civilian passes by, humming and wheeling around his squeaky cart, when he passes the feminine hygiene aisle and sees me hanging of the shelf while the lady next to me jabbers on the phone.
“Ma’am,” the man stammered to my mom. “I think, I think your daughter needs some help.” He looked very helpless and obviously didn’t know what to do.
Mom rolled her eyes. “I hadn’t noticed,” she said sarcastically. She closed the phone, looked at me, and laughed. “Um, you can get down now,” she told me impatiently.

he's the sweat on my sheets (:
Corinne

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2007, 05:12:17 pm »

I often find myself dabbling in all sorts of forms of art.

Lately I've been drawing with charcoal, which I love.  I use ink once in a while, I played around with it when I was studying 3D Animation (while writing storyboards).  I also have painted with watercolors, oil, pastels, and colored pencil, but none of those have been my 'thing.'

I love digital art.  I started doing some pixel art a while back and I absolutely love it.  I also love Macromedia Fireworks 8 for my comics, which I do sometimes.

I'm also a songwriter.  I have big notebooks full of songs, most of which will never see the light of day.  It's quite the way to get the bad thoughts out and to a better use. :lol:

I'm also a poet and fiction writer.  I wrote a book when I was in 8th grade, it had gotten up to 34 chapters before the computer crashed and I lost everything.  Regardless, I continue on with short stories and poems, not wanting to force myself into dragging a story on too long.  When I do, they die off slowly towards the end, losing grip with what it was about in the beginning.  An issue I find myself addressing and fixing slowly but surely.

I also draw tons of clothing and patterns for clothing, it's incredibly fun!  I love making dresses out of old T-shirts too.  And I used to make dread-falls, with artificial hair.  But that got really, really old.

It's nice to see all these artists here, I love artists and I wish for all the best for you, so long as you don't lose touch with reality if you become famous.  Wink

DarkDude28
Resident Zombie

Sith chef and Naria's master.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2007, 11:27:17 pm »

Quote from: Corinne;767456
It's nice to see all these artists here, I love artists and I wish for all the best for you, so long as you don't lose touch with reality if you become famous.  Wink

Funny I only dreat art for me. I do wish that my two stories and my poems be published, but I never really want fame. I do what I do cause it help me feel better when I'm blue. If I become famous because of this I don't know what I would do. I don't liek people talking about me or seeing my face all over the place. infact becoming a big famous writter would be the last thing I want.

Looking for some well inked sims? Look no farther then June, Martha, Janet, Susan, Tamera, Cyndy, Ashton, Laken, Edwin, and Jake.
Sophi

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2007, 08:02:30 pm »

I write film scripts, novels, poetry, stage monologues, a few songs here and there. And I draw. Most of my writing involves warfare (I've actually written two erotic war poems, hehe creepy), and if it doesn't involve warfare, it involves the meaning of life. My drawings vary. All of my stuff can be found at http://snoopyfemme.deviantart.com.
nova-storm

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2007, 10:36:56 am »

one of my fav sims creators is also one of  the best painters I have ever seen.
Enayla  see here stuff at www.furiae.com

:happy8:A closed mouth gathers no foot. :smile:
resistance is futile you will be assimilated
DarkDude28
Resident Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2007, 10:52:00 am »

Quote from: nova-storm;770162
one of my fav sims creators is also one of  the best painters I have ever seen.
Enayla  see here stuff at www.furiae.com

WOW O.o Your right that gal has got talent.

Looking for some well inked sims? Look no farther then June, Martha, Janet, Susan, Tamera, Cyndy, Ashton, Laken, Edwin, and Jake.
timberario

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2007, 04:29:34 pm »

whoa... enayla is freakin amazing!  am i right in assuming she uses a computer program to create her masterpieces?
DarkDude28
Resident Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2007, 04:33:05 pm »

Quote from: timberario;770673
whoa... enayla is freakin amazing!  am i right in assuming she uses a computer program to create her masterpieces?

I think she does that all by hand. It does say painting.

rebelmozzerella

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2007, 05:18:09 pm »

I'm also a musician (sorta). I play saxophone, piano, and my mom is actually considering getting me guitar lessons! *sighs dreamily*

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2007, 05:42:28 pm »

Quote from: DarkDude28;770680
I think she does that all by hand. It does say painting.

She paints via computer.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
rebelmozzerella

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2007, 06:03:13 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/v/e17dFGEOGGA">http://www.youtube.com/v/e17dFGEOGGA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Here's not really a video, but me playing my beloved saxophone.

timberario

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2007, 09:16:34 pm »

thats what i thought, joy.
Shaddeh

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2007, 09:55:28 pm »

http://kagesan17.deviantart.com/

I try to do a little bit of everything, and hope I don't suck at any of it. I love photography above all, though.
Shpookiecat

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2007, 10:53:24 pm »

My hubby is the artisic one, he's an oil painter & developing woodworker. He's had numerous pieces shown in local galleries. But sad to say, his hands can't do it anymore. He's been in the auto industry for years now, and he's lost the fine touch he was proud of & simply can't concentrate on his work. That's aging for you! Now he's more focused on creating works for our home, and is currently designing a bar. The first didn't work out so well, (darn fish tank leaked in it Sad ) and had just torn it apart. He'll sketch and resketch designs all day until he's happy, and his projects usually turn out quite well.

I was very fond of writing poetry & short stories & watercolour painting, but simply cannot find the time for it anymore.

dead_kitty

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2007, 11:10:47 pm »

I paint, draw, sculpt and write poems, sometimes stories.   My website is http://liquidinsomnia.net/   I like this thread Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: