Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:39:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Any artists on InSim?  (Read 16893 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Shastania

View Profile WWW
« on: June 07, 2007, 06:40:59 am »

Not strictly limited to recolours, meshers and creators, I was wondering if there are any other artists on the forum such as writers, painters, drawers/cartoonists, musicians, poets and every other artist I can think of.

This here thread is intended as a place to talk about your trade or hobbie, exchange secrets, tips, tricks and hints as well as showing off your wares.
So, on that note:
My DA Gallery

I'm sort of a jill-of-all-trades. I dabble in photography and the occasional piece of writing but strictly speaking, I'm more an anime/ manga artist that anything else. However, I'm currently trying to improve on my 'real' style artwork so any tips or helpful hints would be greatly appreciated. ^.^
oph3lia

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 07:13:46 am »

I write poetry, song lyrics and stories, I also love taking photos. I wish I could draw but sadly I lack such talent.

My stuff

[insert interesting and witty signature here]

My MTS2 profile
rebelmozzerella

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 09:14:02 am »

I write stories. I'm working on a full-length novel right now that I want to go into publishing before I finish junior high.

he's the sweat on my sheets (:
Shastania

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 09:20:15 am »

Quote from: BCJHCheerPower;764043
I write stories. I'm working on a full-length novel right now that I want to go into publishing before I finish junior high.

That's a tough industry to break into. I wish you good luck!
CynaraBlade

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 10:07:34 am »

I used to draw a lot ages ago, and I was fairly good at it too. I am still capable of doing so, but right now I'm very much burnt out, sadly. No matter how much appraisal my artwork got whenever I did draw, I always felt there was something I could improve on.

:blob6:
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 10:34:54 am »

Let's see...I draw, paint, sculpt, sew, do beadwork, write, sing...and I used to do a lot of acting.

Hmmm...pics of something to share with you all...ok. Here's a bear I made for my younger sister a couple of years ago (everything she's wearing I made as well...click for a bigger pic of the bear):

The back of a 16th Century Spanish gown I made (me in the red velvet monstrosity...squatting down in a corset and farthingale is a neat trick, I tell you)

The bouquet I beaded for Jax when she renewed her vows with her hubby:

« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 03:12:28 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
DarkDude28
Resident Zombie

Sith chef and Naria's master.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 12:08:29 pm »

Wow this is cool who knew that so many people where so arty.

I write poetry and am working a two novles that I hope to be published.

I love to draw. I don't think I' good at it, but all my friends tell me I'm great. I have a hart time believing that, but they must think I can do something cause I'v ended up drawing more tattoos flash for people then I ever would have thought.

I'm a photographer. I only use black and white on oldfashon flim. I will never go digital. Once you've been in a darkroom there is no going back. There is something about being in the dark room and watching the photo slowly apper on the paper. That is something the computer will never replace.

I do paint from time to time, but not as much as I do everything else.

Looking for some well inked sims? Look no farther then June, Martha, Janet, Susan, Tamera, Cyndy, Ashton, Laken, Edwin, and Jake.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 12:10:57 pm »

I'm kind of like Joy up there, but don't have a whole heck of a lot of time to do anything lately and right now, the spark of creation just isn't there. I have some of my older stuff up on MySpace and its open for the public to view, but to read the blogs and stuff you have to be on my friend list. I don't have the time or the umph to do anything new at the moment, mainly what I've been doing is just writing stupid posts and such. I even gave up cooking for now, which is something I dearly love to do. Just don't see much point, to be honest....

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
KacoshiAjewl

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 01:18:21 pm »

I am a novelist. Though i dont have any published to date XD. I write sci-fi and fantasy. I also draw anime and manga as well as coloring them using photoshop. So I'm a bit of an artist XD

"You told me today...that the demons are the good ones...then why do the angels try so hard to be good?"
"They say Angels are perfict...well I dont belive that Propganda spread by there leader the Dark witch..."
tallsimsfan77

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2007, 01:56:51 pm »

I do a little of everything- I write a little bit, I mess around on the guitar and piano every once in awhile, write poems, draw and do a little photography.

Sigs are for smokers.
Skelly

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2007, 03:47:27 pm »

I used to write poems, but i gave that up. But i play the Piano, i like doing it, it feels relaxing.
CobainFan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2007, 04:16:52 pm »

i do a little of it all. i write songs/poems, i draw, i paint, i sculpt. but people have told me that my writing si excellent for someone my age(15). lol i am my worst critic.

i am also an aspiring musician
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 04:19:20 pm by CobainFan » Logged

Something i cannot stand is a loss of self originality and a gain of conformity. Seen entirely by those who are the sheep of society.
Amun-RA
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2007, 04:21:22 pm »

Game industry Artist here.

Quote of the Year
'virtual orgasmic rape' - Kevin McCullough
Chopperchic

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2007, 04:31:21 pm »

Cool thread ..
When I was in High school I won 2nd place for my home state in a Scholastics Art Contest way back in the 80s in Fine arts. Mostly Pencil and Charcoal stuff.
I like crafts also. I like to quilt and sew. I stiched up (needlepoint) a pinup patch by hand for my SO recently.
I have drawn commisioned wedding portraits and sketched tattoos for my buddies... from various pinup tattoos to my SOs gargoyle(SP) oh and a John Wayne tattoo ages ago.
I am just learning photoshop though. I just recently bought a pen to use on the computer. Whoa the computer is very different though. I still draw the old fashioned way when the mood strikes. Still life and scenic stuff is what I like to draw.

CC
skizicks
Resident Fat Girl

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2007, 07:10:54 pm »

WOW so many talented people.
Well I have been  a long time writer. I write poetry, stories, and sometimes lyrics. The only thing I have been published in is a college magazine. I'm usually to shy to share my work. I recently performed the V-Monologues on stage. I paint with water colors, I draw every once in a while. I crochet blankets and donate them to Project Linus, make jewelry, scrapbook, I sew, make quilts. and just about anything else I find interesting I try.

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, and today; Today is a gift, that is why we call it the present.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: