Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:56:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sim City Societies  (Read 3829 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
maniac19642003
« on: June 07, 2007, 04:11:55 pm »

Just found this at snootysims

EA has recently more or less confirmed that there will be a next Sim City. Most likely this game will be a bit more different then the previous Sim City games. Even just looking at the title which is Sim City Societies.
1Up.com has a few details about this game and according to Gamestop the releasedate will be November 13
Find 1Up here: Sim City Societies

Also the game will not be made by Maxis but by Tilted Mill. They made games like Ceaser IV. This is confirmed in a forum topic here: Tilted mill forum
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 10:26:08 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged
purpledaddy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 06:03:05 pm »

I know the reception at the Sim City fansites is mixed at best and the announcement is somewhat out of the blue.  But at least the new company producing the game appears to be talking to the fans and I hope they are given the chance to make their case or at least to have a meaningful dialogue
http://www.simtropolis.com

Thanks CC'ers & Webmaster for your work.
maniac19642003
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 06:09:14 pm »

For those interested in the new Sim City, 5 new screenshots are posted by 1Up here: 1Up.com.
purpledaddy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 03:43:29 pm »

After continuing to read how the membership of the fansites have responded, I wouldn't be surprised if there is increased incentive for other software makers to up the ante with other potential city building games, especially if the fans aren't sure they're getting a real heir to the Sim City franchise.  I just hope whoever decide to do what will listen to the fanbase.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 06:56:09 pm by purpledaddy » Logged

Thanks CC'ers & Webmaster for your work.
maniac19642003
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 01:13:47 am »

The new Sim City game has now been officially announced. Together with a press release come 20 new screenshots. Find it here:
- Press release
- Screenshots
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 05:31:32 pm »

Happy New Year, Mark! I just wanted to let you know that whatever negative response that has been written about Sim City Societies is undeserved. The response from one and all should have been scathing! It is the worst PC game that I have ever played. I SIMply adored SC3000. I was less thrilled with SC4000 but, at least, it kept my interest. SC Soc. is a dumbed down version of whatever made the prior games fun. This new version of SC is for anyone who wants to create "pretty" cities and nothing more. There is no real challenge. At least Sierra did try to fix what was not broken with Caesar IV. It really was Caesar III all over again but since that game was so much fun who cared?Huh?Huh??

Teddy bought me SC Soc. I guess he didn't relaize that I had read the reviews and chose not to buy it for myself. I have not told him what a complete waste of money this game truly is.

Rant over!!!!!

Happy New Year everyone!

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
gethane

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 09:26:46 pm »

I concur. Wasted 50 bucks Sad

Spongity

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 09:35:16 pm »

I agree that Societies doesn't offer half as much gameplay or difficutly as previous Sim City titles. I admit, though, that I'm the kind of person who does sometimes just want to build "pretty" cities XD So I feel I get some value out of the game, but I completely understand why others don't. If I feel like challenging myself in the slightest, though, and actually playing a game, I'll go to one of the earlier ones.

My Flickr-Updated 5/26
My Picture Thread-Updated 6/26
"Michael always says K.I.S.S, Keep It Simple Stupid. Great advice, hurts my feelings every time."-Dwight Schrute
tallsimsfan77

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2008, 09:54:45 pm »

Funny you should mention it- I bought it, but it won't run on Windows 2000.

*hits EA with a hammer repeatedly*

Sigs are for smokers.
PageCaek

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2008, 06:02:57 am »

Just out of interest, does anyone know if Simcity Societies has SecuROM on it? I was given it for Christmas and installed it without thinking about EA's dubious copy protection methods, though I haven't had any problems (So I suppose the reason I want to know is cause it means I might be able to install BV without fear).

Although I know it's not as complex as Sim City, I quite enjoy seeing what the cities look like. I like the authority cities because then the little scrollbar at the bottom starts reading "Pagecaek is watching you... you love Pagecaek...", and I feel the cities have more "character" than the Simcity ones, which I guess was the point.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2008, 04:07:57 pm »

I am not sure but I would think that all of EA's present and future games will be associated with SecuROM (unless they are leagally forced to stop bundling it). I do know that there was a lot of problems for people who bought the game out of the gate and EA (bless them) had to rush out a PATCH! Doh! I already have BV installed so that may be why I have not had the problems other had with the new game.

I just looked at the game specs (the sticky that was attached outside of the box) and it states compatibility with only XP SP2 and Vista. I find that odd now. What about XP w/o SP2 and prior OS'? HMMM

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: