Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:23:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game crashes trying to make neighbourhood  (Read 1892 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Snuffleupagus

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2007, 06:34:58 am »

every time I try to make a new neighbourhood, my game crashes (it reaches the second bar then dies). No pop up messages about errors. Just closes.
I tryed changing my downloads folder so it was empty because I thought it might be having problems with all the downloads, but it didn't do anything.

Anyone have any ideas?
Much thanks

Snuffy

UPDATE
Okay, I ran my Hack Conflict. Turns out some files that I, am sure, deleted popped up again in the folder. My Inteenimator and inteen flavor packs have a conflict.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 07:58:17 am by Snuffleupagus » Logged
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 06:31:11 pm »

InTeen and the Flavor Packs are suppose to conflict.
Snuffleupagus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 07:46:29 am »

ancienthighway, that's good. I thought perhaps I was doing something wrong, though I never had the two of them together.
Well I tryed making a new neighbourhood again and it still crashed. I don't know what to do! This hasn't happened before.
I have all EP's up to pets.
I did try the game update and patches from the Sims2 website, but I don't think it did something bad to it. Luckily I made a copy of my game on disc!
But now it won't let me make a new neighbourhood! And I'm repeating myself!
I'll try something else.
Has this happened to anyone else?
agressivehobo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 09:23:31 pm »

This is happening to me too! Except it happens when I try to create a family.

Nothing says badass like an ewok pez-dispenser.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2007, 11:00:00 pm »

Snuffleupagus - Were you able to create neighborhoods since getting Pets, or is this the first time you've tried?  Try taking out the Downloads AND SavedSims folder.  If you have a bad mesh, it could be in either folder and crash your game.  If the game works without both folders, take a look at the thread I posted for agressivehobo.

agressivehobo - It sounds to me like you have a bad mesh.  Take a look at this thread and see if following it helps.
Snuffleupagus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 02:51:01 am »

ancienthighway - I'm not sure about the Pets. I think this is the first time i've tried making one with Pets. I never thought to try it out when I installed it. I'll try what you recommended.
Snuffleupagus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2007, 03:02:49 am »

Okay, I tried it and it still crashes. I'm just going to package the family's I've changed and reinstall the game I saved.
Thanks for your help, ancienthighway.

Snuffy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: