Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:27:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official InSim Pet Photo Album!  (Read 42315 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
balletbaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2009, 06:55:26 pm »

This is princess Sophie a seal-point ragdoll. We got her at an animal shelter last year when she was a tiny kitten.  Her kind are extremely expensive if you buy them at pet stores, but she was extremely cheap.  We were very lucky.  I love her, shes so cuddly and loving.  And of course our silver-tabby simon.

Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2009, 07:24:04 pm »

They are gorgeous, balletbaby. You were remarkably lucky to find a ragdoll in an animal shelter. We are going to buy one, but are waiting for the spring. It's going to cost 800 dollars to buy the cat, and we'll have to travel at least two hours to a breeder who has them!  shocked

My other ride is a chocobo.
balletbaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2009, 08:29:57 pm »

Thats great!  Ragdolls are the ideal cat to have it you like cuddling.  They're also very flexibile.

DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2009, 09:54:34 pm »

Here are my lovelies, one favors ragdoll.  Santa gave them too us from a shelter 2 years ago:

They really weren't to excited about me taking their pictures, lol.

The tabby is the one that won't stay off my keyboard (oh am I in your way?)  & the siamese is the one who unplugs my DSL all the time  rolleyes but I love them so.

Sims by Dasi:

balletbaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2009, 04:41:40 pm »

haha, my cats are demanding and want only the best, little aristocats

brat1083
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2009, 08:16:04 pm »

If you want see a funny video about cats check out link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXBL6bzAR4
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2009, 09:44:05 pm »

How did I miss your kitties before, DaSpecial? They are so cute. The blue eyes on your Siamese, oh wow. Pretty.  Cheesy

DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2009, 10:45:35 pm »

Awww ty Naria! Grin.  Yes they are sisters (well in spirit) they each had familes of about 6 in the shelter but these two always played with each other.   Christmas was coming & people came, picked so fast & left--though some stayed to hold them & get to know them prior to picking. The siamese was so tiny and rarely left the side of her older brother (he had an "adopted" tag on him for the 2 weeks I visited her).  She'd always hide under him whenever people came in.  I was all mushy thinking aww who could separate her from him?

Of course I immediately picked her to adopt (as well as her natural tabby sis). As their connection was self-formed the first day I observed them I asked for them to be tagged immediately, going by the interactions I saw that first day & knowing that this tiny lil timid baby would soon lose her protective brother.

The hiding lil tabby leapt into my lap all on her own Cheesy which surprised me and even the caretaker, lol.  Whenever the siamese ventured away from her brother these two played together, at first shyly, but regularly all on their own. None of the other 9 family members played with any other kitties other than their own familes (and there were quite a few other kitties), but tabby's five bro/sis' only played with each other while she (<--selected tabby hid in the litter box, yuk).  So it was really adorable to me that the shy siamese who wouldn't leave her brother and the (apparently ignored) shy tabby found each other across the nursery.   I had never realized how many baby kittens end up in a shelter before that.
Shy does not describe the Lil Feline Queens now, Titter.  I really should have said I'm their pet human.  They soooo think they are in charge.Waiting 2 Hmph

Sims by Dasi:

brat1083
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2009, 10:50:35 pm »

Sung to the tune the 12 days of Christmas

ITs 6 oclock so we 2 singing cats, 1 dancing dog saying its dinner time.
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2009, 10:51:51 pm »

Typical cats, I suppose. They own us.  Wink

I always want to adopt every cat I see in a shelter. I'm terrible like that. One day I'm going to have a house full of cats because I'm such a sucker for them. As it is, my Dad won't let me get one from a shelter, so we're expecting a kitten from a small breeder of Himalayans. I can only hope the new one and our Simba will get along, although I don't think so. Simba is too independant and well, b****y. lol.

We used to have four cats all together, and none of them got along. It was amazing. You'd think at least one of them would be bound to like another ... but nope.  rolleyes

DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2009, 11:33:18 pm »

I used to always have pure breds.  These were my first shelter kitties.  Now I'll probablly never buy another purebred (not frowning on that btw Smiley ).  I would have liked to adopt the entire shelter I wanted them all.   Call me uninformed before my visit. I never knew unadopted pets at the humane society were euthanized (no flaming folks plz).  So now I try to find families for those when I can adult cats especially because kitties aren't that hard to place.

Growing up around only purebreds I think I naively believed that it'd be harder to tame/care for shelter animals.  Like I said I just didn't know better.  But oh I found heaven in those two.  I'm hoping to get a few more soon Smiley.

Sims by Dasi:

Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2009, 11:35:53 pm »

All our cats before have come from shelters, this will be our first purebred. It was entirely my Dads idea, my Mom and I actually fell in love with 3 kittens at shelters and were told we couldn't get them.

DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2009, 12:11:17 am »

lol I know how that is... I was so bad.  My dad always said no to animals in the house.  Cautionary tale told for enjoyment below~ kids DO NOT try this at home Wink:

I wanted a kitty soooo badly!! Anyhoo I saved up money & went to a lady just a person who owned two show cats (one a champion) and bred them this once. It was like having dinner with the queen, she was so regal and proper and me in my tomboy climbing jeans & scruffy-t lol.   You could tell she was surprised I was so young doing this transaction on my own. 

I gave her the adorable pouty face when she told me the price for her last kitty.  I offered her what I'd saved which she turn down uncomfortably chuckles Titter*.  A few days later she called me back and sold her to me.  Pouty face and puppy-dog eyes won in the end.

Then I snuck her in the house and she lived in my room for like a month before my mom found out.  (My mom said "Oh boy...oK, but you are going to probably have to let her go when your dad finds out & "kept" my secret (inhindsight she most likely clued him in). So over like the next month I slowly assimilated her into the woodwork, lol.  First leaving my door open, then seeing if he had a fit when he saw her in my room you know...working on daddy.  Did I mention I'm the baby of the family?  That always helped Grin

By the next year they were secret buddies fighting over his favorite highbacked armchair.  She finally agreed to give it up grudgingly when he was home—for a price.   He got the spot but she got to sit directly in front of him the entire time and give him the "You know I'm allowing you to sit in MY chair look"  whilst he was sitting in it. They were actually quite funny to watch over time both pretending not to like each other.  My much older sisters and brothers were like "WHATT!!!? Dad would have killed me if I did that!"   

Yeah I agree, hehehe Evil.

Sims by Dasi:

Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2009, 12:22:12 am »

Awww, cute story.  Cheesy My Dad would kill me if I did that. I asked for a kitten for 10 years. I begged, cried, offered to pay for it myself (had a job at the time), got angry and said "I'm just going to go buy one anyway!" and it's taken this long, and I have to say I'm surprised he finally agreed to it. We have two golden retrievers and our 15 year old cat and that was quite enough animals for him. But I guess he said yes because he felt so bad when I lost my other cat on Thanksgiving.

It's not the way I wanted to get my kitten, out of pity, but hey ... whatever works?

brat1083
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2009, 12:26:54 am »

I found another one inside of my slipper this morning... I know they're getting old, but I don't need new padding of that sort inside of them...
Your kittys think that you not a good hunter, but they love you and are trying to feed you. tongue
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: