Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 08:01:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official InSim Pet Photo Album!  (Read 42325 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
masasaiyan

View Profile WWW
« on: June 09, 2007, 05:11:18 am »

But she seriously needs to learn how to hunt mice.

Last summer, while I was away at a convention, she caught her first ever mouse, killed it, and presented it to my Dad while he drank his morning coffee. What a good kitty. We all felt she was going to be an excellent mouser and that my Dad's old cat (yet excellent mouser,) could ,"retire."

This morning, she spotted a mouse in my bedroom. My bedroom! Now, normally, the critters don't bother me, but mice in the bedroom?! No way. My cat, Cecil, spotted it and was sitting on the bed, watching it with tail a-twitching. How it got there I don't know, but it was snuggled all nice and cozy between the wall and nightstand. There it sat on the wires, nibbling on a piece of dry kitty food that Cecil has, "hidden" all around the room. I slowly pulled the wire out. The mouse didn't run, but just sat there real still in a kinda of, "WTF" moment. When I got it out into the open, Cecil stalked up to it real slow. I expected her to pounce it, but instead she just...sniffed it. Then, she licked it, which made the mouse scurry away. She followed it until she lost it under a bookcase and more furniture. So, she got mad and stalked around until she just lost interest and sunbathed on the corner of the desk.

Much later on, I was laying in bed when I heard the squeaking. I saw the mouse dash back behind the nightstand from under my cedar chest. I quickly kicked the nightstand up against the wall with both feet, crushing the mouse. I moved the stand away slowly expecting to see squashed mouse or it running away, but it was laying on it's side, dead. I didn't mean to kill it, just trap it so she could have a chance, but oh well. I used a broom to get it out from behind the stand and wall:

Then, I swept it out so Cecil could inspect it. You can almost tell what she was thinking:

Hey...I know you.

I think I'll bat you about.

*Sniff* Aww...your no fun dead.

When she lost interest (she tends to do that quick,) and stretched out under the chair, I deposed of the mouse outside. I don't mind mice, but in the bedroom, NO WAY! Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about waking up to a dead mouse in my bed thanks to her. She brings me dead bugs and will leave them on the floor or on the bed.

So, who here is "owned," by cats?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 01:39:51 pm by Jenna » Logged

Sie wollen mein Herz am rechten Fleck,
Doch seh ich dann nach unten weg,
Da schlägt es links.
Links, zwo, drei, vier... .
purpledaddy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 08:20:27 am »

I think brother Blue Gene back in Driftwood is.  He raises his to be outdoors to be mousers, but there are a couple I think he lets in and spoils to death.  He talks about them almost as much as he about his son. I've caught him making the funniest faces through the window at his veteran mouser.

Thanks CC'ers & Webmaster for your work.
baileybop
Squinge Is My Mastah

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 10:51:11 am »

I am "owned" by 5 gracious cats, who feel I should pay homage to them on a daily basis for said bestowed priviledge.
What can I say, is there anything more touching than when they come to give me their version of "kisses", little taps with thier soft noses, tiny taps with their silken paws, or gentle licks with their sandpapery tongues?
Each one has their own set of distinctive meows, and usually I understand the meaning behind each one.
And where on earth would we be, if they were much to aloof to allow us the joy of watching their "Cat Crazies"?
Ahhh, the comfort of having one of their soft bodies nestled next to me, the joy they show me from their eyes as I caress their soft fur, the satisfying purring that emanates from these tiny bodies, yep, life is sweet, if you're "owned" by cats.

I stalk...... oh no, I mean I worship the Hack_Mastah, Squinge :worship:
Rogue777

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 12:01:52 pm »

She licked the mouse! ROFL! My cat Murphy (RIP) was an excellent mouser. I'm glad the two I have now haven't had an opportunity to find out if they had the right stuff. I'd rather not have mice in the house at all.

shawnee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 09:43:48 pm »

This little kitty probably thinks she owns me already. I have had her since Friday June 18th. She is being hand raised by me right now, her mama killed her two siblings so we took her from Sassy. Her name is Scooter and my husband finally said that I get to keep her. The dog in the background of one picture is my puppy Tuffie.

Scooter when we first brought her home.

Scooter on Tuesday two days after bringing her home.

Scooter today right after eating and being weighed, Tuffie is in the background. Tuffie loves Scooter a lot.
candiwax

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 11:29:16 pm »

cute guys!...but i like mice too Sad

Check out candiwax's self-sim here
Rogue777

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 09:05:35 am »

Do you like mice eating your food and pooping all over the shelves where you keep you food? I think mice are cute too, but when they become pests, it's war.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 10:36:19 am »

I loved my male cat Magoo dearly. He was a present from my dad on June 18, 1988. Sadly, my Goochers died of old age a couple weeks ago and I've been feeling kind of lost without him... Within two days of his death, Dad passed on, so it's been kind of hard, but I do have a ray of sunshine in my fat cat, Sue. Actually, she is my daughter's cat, but I hand raised her because she was born feral. I still have the scars of the taming! Sue is a gentle, gracious little soul who rules the house with an iron paw covered in the softest of velvet. She tells me when it's time to get up, eat, and go to bed. She also tries to tell me when the child needs a bath or fresh diaper, but I have a handle on that pretty much. She, too, is missing Magoo because he was there the whole time while she was growing up. Sue is thirteen years old, by the way, and shows really no signs of age yet, aside from the tendancy to hog most of the blankets on a cold winter night... Anyhow, Sue was never taught to be a mouser, she just somehow knew to do it on her own. She did teach Magoo, though, and the two of them together made one heck of a great team! Once I got them over the putting the stupid thing in my slippers, it was a fine thing... Lately, though, she's been bringing me injured mice, so I can kill them. So, do you think she's trying to turn me into a mouser?? And she will not tolerate a dog nose up her butt, swats that stupid beagle each and every time! You'd think the dog would get the hint, but her brain seems to be a bit more dense than granite! Yes, I am owned by a lovely cat, and love it a lot. Dogs are owned by men, humans are owned by felines. Just ask my brother, he shares his life with about 25 of them!

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
shawnee

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 02:41:23 am »

I am sorry about your dad and your cat, that had to have been hard losing them so close together.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 02:46:46 am by shawnee » Logged
callum91

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 04:27:30 am »

masasaiyan , awwwwwwww your cat is sooo cute,looks like my Smokie =]

awww.....*kitties is cute <3 * lol
candiwax

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 12:13:39 pm »

Quote from: Rogue777;782368
Do you like mice eating your food and pooping all over the shelves where you keep you food? I think mice are cute too, but when they become pests, it's war.

not necesarily, but i still would not kill them! My family owns a cabin in canada and we use this thing that you put on at night. Whenever it senses movement (like a mouse, for example) it make this little noise that is enough to scare the mice away w/o hurting them! We've been using for 4 years and no mice have dared to venture into the house again, and this was without hurting/killing them...:rabbit:

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2007, 11:58:29 am »

Sue just brought me a mouse today for my breakfast... Do you have any idea how upset she gets if I don't pretend to eat the little sucker?! Thank God I've gotten pretty deft with my hands, so when I pick it up with the tissue, I can just hold the thing near my mouth and act like I'm eating it and then throw the whole mess into the garbage... What can I say, she worries about my eating habits, obviously she thinks I'm in need of protien... eeeeeeeeeewwww!

candiwax

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2007, 05:54:12 pm »

^OMG! that's funny how she want you to eat it!!

rebelmozzerella

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2007, 06:05:23 pm »

WHAT CUTE KITTIES!!!

But I feel sorry for the mice...:cry:

he's the sweat on my sheets (:
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2007, 06:39:26 pm »

I found another one inside of my slipper this morning... I know they're getting old, but I don't need new padding of that sort inside of them...

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: