Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 06:26:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Making playable into townies/downtownies (SimPE)  (Read 2182 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
brad2006

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2007, 06:11:35 am »

So how do I do that?I wanted to have realistic sims in addition of the one that came with the game,but giving them homes was too much hassle,btw,what would happen if I make a family into townies?Will they became separated?Or still remains as one family?
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 07:35:19 am »

I don't know how to do it with SimPE but you can do it with InSIM's family tree adjuster if you stick them on an empty Lot or you can merge them in with another family and then do it.

I've made families into townies before, they keep their family ties so yes they will still be a family. I've also made 'extra' kids into townies when I didn't want to play them, this way I could bring them back into play later on if I wanted to.

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
brad2006

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 11:24:53 pm »

Will the new townies be phone-able?Or should I use (insert one of insim parts' name) to give them cellphones?

So in order to make them into townies,they musn't be the last sim on the lot then,thx tongue
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 06:12:55 am »

I've never needed to give them phones.

you can do the last sim on the Lot but then you can't send him/her on his way and he/she sort of stays there  :lol:

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
brad2006

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 01:07:14 am »

That's weird,in my game,the last sim don't have remove from household option(btw,that stuck sim,what will happen to him/her when the lot is deleted?Or moved?)
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 01:23:09 am »

I've never had any long term effects with townies/dormies left on a lot when moving out (or converting playable to non-playable).  They may be "left on the lot", but I believe I've stumbled across them on community lots, been able to phone them, invite them over once relationships were right.  And when I've moved back into that lot, they have rarely been there.  I think the only exception was a residential lot in Uni where I moved a grad out, then after a couple game hours moved another student into the lot.

Of course you could always use the summoner to get them out of the lot if you think that's needed.
DannyRock

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 02:09:40 am »

I accidentally turned one of my families into  townies with the teleporter shrub from MTS2... They kept their family connections and were able to call each other on the phone... The house that they had lived in remained furnished... It was weird... I saved the game after I had made them townies... Exited the game and when I reloaded it... the house was vacant and the family was gone...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: