Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:30:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help finding my video card information before I install Seasons  (Read 1950 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ldyvamp

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2007, 11:15:24 am »

Hello,

I have purchased seasons and I need to know if I have a powerful enough video card to run it. It says I must have 32 MB or more memory and a T&L capable chipset: ATI Radeon 8500 for windows xp. Where do I find these stats on my computer? I looked all over for the video card info and can't find it. Is there an easy way to find out, if what I have on my computer is sufficent? I have Nightlife, University, and Pets installed already. I am using a dell dimension 2400 system and need to know the info before I open the box. This way if I can't use it I can still return it.

Any help would be wonderful!

Ldyvamp
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 12:40:27 pm »

Start - Run - dxdiag.  It will be on the display tab.
Ldyvamp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 06:17:33 pm »

Thanks very much for the info. I found out that I have 64 mb for total memory but in the chip type it has : Intel(R) 82845G Graphics Controller is this what they mean when referrering to the T&L Chipset? Is this enough? Or do I need the ATI Radeon 8500? I see it costs $75 on their site.
Thanks

Ldyvamp
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 06:42:40 pm »

64 mb of video ram for Seasons is just barely enough and onboard Intel graphics usually won't cut it.  Pick up an ATI or Nvidia card, but get as much video ram as you can afford.  You'll be pleased with the results.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 07:49:48 pm »

I agree with ancient. Do get the best you can afford. If you looking at getting an ATI card, keep in mind that the 8500 card is the minimum the game will run on.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
nana62618

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 11:15:53 pm »

I have a Dell, check with them to see how many watts you have before you replace the video card. You do not want to get a card that your pc cannot handle. Dell can tell you the best one you can put in, but after Dell recommends one, go to where you want to purchase the card and ask how many watts it requires. I went through this, it was a nightmare.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: