Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 06:42:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 2 Seasons - Patch #2 Released 6.11.07  (Read 10785 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2007, 03:55:37 pm »

Ok.  Message deleted so as not to start a panic.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2007, 06:39:57 pm »

@jase: So far so good - haven't tested it much yet, but the tots at campus are ageing right, that's a good sign Smiley

No requests please
kere

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2007, 07:28:20 pm »

Maxis have themselves labelled the patch as having bugs - not just missing things - however, a new patch will be posted in its place next week. From what I see, it mainly affects babies. Depending on how you play, the game will still be workable, and nothing should explode. And for the most part, take a few days off playing and add to your downloads instead, and build stuff. A week flies by pretty fast.

I installed it. I'd LIKE to say my game is running smoothly, but this is the sims folks... does it EVER?
suffice to say however that it is playable. And I am looking forward to some more fixes Smiley
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 07:33:13 pm by kere » Logged
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2007, 11:22:24 am »

Well the new "new" patch is out now.

Go get it. Smiley
Vampyre

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2007, 02:42:05 pm »

I said that already.
RitoruBushi

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2007, 10:09:18 am »

I'm not sure what's going on, but I've tried to install the patch and every time I try to it gets just after updating the first file and then it hangs, then tells me to uninstall Seasons and try again. Any solution to this, aside from uninstalling Seasons? I just don't see how logical it is if I uninstall the very thing I am trying to update/patch. I mean, I often remove my feet before I put on my shoes, and then put my feet back on again, but with a computer program it doesn't make sense.
Bev in NY

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2007, 05:00:23 pm »

i'm having the same issue as RitoruBushi....it won't let me install patch with out uninstalling seasons also....I didn't do it yet....i did play my game for a bit and i'm getting alot of choppy sound when i use my mouse to move around...i don't use edge scrolling never did always held right button down and moved around that way....and i did get couple freeze moments but then started again....i'm thinking my video card does need some upgrading which i have read about these issues....however it seems strange that i just bought my computer few weeks ago and nividia 6150se came with it and it is windows vista so i would think it would not have any issues...but going to check the upgrades anyways...i hope someone will help on the problems that RitoruBushi mentioned and myself....

BEV
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2007, 05:23:18 pm »

I just don't see how logical it is if I uninstall the very thing I am trying to update/patch.
The way EA worked it's patches, they replace the game files.  Rather than making backups of those files prior to the replacement, they decided to take the lazy way and not put in the uninstall patch feature.  Just reinstalling over top of the EP and patch probably won't work because of the date/time stamp.  So the only option is to uninstall and reinstall.

Before you try repatching the reinstalled game, make a back up of Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2 Seasons.  If it fails, all you have to do is copy the backup back to Program Files\EA Games\.  

i did play my game for a bit and i'm getting alot of choppy sound when i use my mouse to move around...i don't use edge scrolling never did always held right button down and moved around that way....and i did get couple freeze moments but then started again....

Because only part of the files were updated, expected routines in the files that weren't updated aren't being found or executed properly.  I'd look at reinstalling before tossing out the video card.
Bev in NY

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2007, 05:02:53 pm »

Well thanx for replying ancient...i did upgrade my video card at the nividia site...so now i got 6150se nforce430....and it got rid of the choppy sound and of course it has better grafics too....but the issue with the season patcdh not installing i'm still having....i uninstalled the game and reinstalled and it still won't let me patch it....it's telling me the same thing to uninstall and reinstall....but apparently that isn't helping...so i was wondering if someone had an idea what is going on....i have no custom content or mods...in my game so i know that isn't creating any problems....my game is using the default resolution of 800x600 and 85ghz....i don't know if this is an issue or not....if someone could help i would appreciate it very much....

BEV
DocFX

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2007, 06:14:25 pm »

Yep!, exactly the same problems as 'RitoruBushi' & 'Bev in NY' - I've also tried the 2nd EA/Maxis patch (1.7.0.158 update), every time it gets to that first file and then it geeks!, telling me to uninstall Seasons and try again - very professional I must say... Sad

Prior to that I'd installed 'H&M Fashion Stuff' without any problems! - gone back to 1.7.0.151 just goes to show, if it ain't broke!. Cheesy

Maybe I'll try again, when I'm on Holiday!... Wink

Just one more go!.. Wink
RitoruBushi

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2007, 11:12:39 pm »

*starts ranting and cursing incoherently*

I'm just gonna wait till Bon Voyage comes out and let that be my update and hope that this problem doesn't continue with that ep.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2007, 05:51:43 am »

EA has released a new patch that may fix the installation problems.  When I tried installing it on top of patch 2, I got a message saying my game was up to date, so my belief is it's a patch fixing the installation problems.
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2007, 06:40:30 am »

Ive successfully installed the patch against my better judgment.... and now Im experiencing the first game crashes since I got the game.  I don't know if its tied together at all, but its the only thing I can think of since I haven't installed anything else in the meantime.
So just be warned, if you install the patch there MIGHT be a CHANCE that it will crash you down.
DocFX

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2007, 05:15:36 am »

...If at first you don't succeed [*whack it with a chuffin' big hammer?*] try, try again!.

Patch now installed, and I've noticed these great un-documented features (some old friends & new) included - free of charge... Wink

a) Kids still levitate if someone gets abducted by Aliens.
b) *Teens not changing into YA, unless at a Dorm - rather than a house in Uni (see note).
c) Game continues by itself (again at Uni) despite being in Buy or Build mode.
d) Game now crashes on exit.

Oh Boy!, and this was in a brand new/patched Neighbourhood!. Sad

To be continued?... :O

Note:- On problem *b) - my sincere thanks to Eric for the amazing & truly essential 'InSimenator' and the option to get around this annoying bug!. Smiley Cheesy Smiley

Just one more go!.. Wink
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2007, 05:48:10 am »

b) *Teens not changing into YA, unless at a Dorm - rather than a house in Uni (see note).

This would be because you have Inteenimater in your game.  Teens on residential property at Uni will not age to YA in order to allow Uni families.  Using the telephone to move to college or moving into a dorm first will keep everything straight.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: