Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:18:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game crashing  (Read 2642 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Bondage

View Profile WWW
« on: September 08, 2005, 01:32:29 pm »

..I have Sims 2 and Uni.. I checked for hacks and careers.. I removed what I found before I began playing.. And.. I first thought it was a house that was making the game crash. I go into another house.. And, I'm looking through the catalog for bathroom, and it crashes.... Any ideas?

I AM THE PINK LEMONDE OF EVIL!!  muahaha!!!
http://twiztedcreation.proboards70.com/index.cgi
Grykon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 01:39:09 pm »

Do you have any custom bathroom content?  Maybe some that got corrupted?  I'm not too sure what to suggest...other then...move your downloads folder to your desktop..play the game for a bit and see if it crashes...don't save...and if it doesn't...then you have a corrupted file(s) somewhere...next step would be to put your folder back...if you remember the last time you played and had no problems (the date) use clean install to organize your download folder by date and move everything that was installed after that date and try the game again...if it works, then try moving half of the items back...if it still works move half of the items left into the downloads folder...keep wittling it down like these until it crashes...then you know which files you last moved in there...pull half of those back out and try again...eventually you will find what is causing it...if it is in your download folder.

*Irish brogue*  I\'m dead sexy!!!
Bondage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 02:39:37 pm »

I've downloaded a lot of custom content, new bathroom meshes. It crashed when I went to the tubs, but I was clicking on a Maxis one when it crashed..Only thing I can think of is.. Just.. Dig throw my downloads and see what happens. I just resinstalled the game, and put in a bunch of new downloads.. So I can't search by date.  :?  Sad

I AM THE PINK LEMONDE OF EVIL!!  muahaha!!!
http://twiztedcreation.proboards70.com/index.cgi
leagia

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 05:18:20 pm »

This has happened to my while I was making a sim in CAS.  Its in the male section.  I am so mad lol.
its gonna take forever to try to sift thru them.
any ideas on how to identify them without it taking a light year? lol

Why torture yourself when life will do it for you? Who said that? I did! Go ahead and quote me.:-P
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 07:02:21 pm »

With your game crashing in CAS while making a male sim, chances are you have an incompatible mesh, either male hair or male clothing, depending on which you were trying to change when the crash occurred.

Use Windows Explorer and search your download folders for "mesh".  Move them out of your game folders, then start adding them back in.  Look for those that have more recent dates, they may require an EP you haven't picked up yet.
leagia

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 06:37:02 pm »

Quote from: ancienthighway;764811
With your game crashing in CAS while making a male sim, chances are you have an incompatible mesh, either male hair or male clothing, depending on which you were trying to change when the crash occurred.

Use Windows Explorer and search your download folders for "mesh".  Move them out of your game folders, then start adding them back in.  Look for those that have more recent dates, they may require an EP you haven't picked up yet.

thanx....its worked!!!:-P

Why torture yourself when life will do it for you? Who said that? I did! Go ahead and quote me.:-P
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 08:10:55 pm »

Great!  Happy Simming.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: