Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 08:02:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: stocking fridge questions  (Read 1690 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
psionexile

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2007, 12:27:14 pm »

I've done some searching about stocking fridges with food, but haven't been able to find anything on a couple of questions:

I know that by adding home-grown crops to your fridge, the food you cook satisfies sims' hunger more quickly; but, will your meals be better regardless of what you stock the fridge with?  Are lemons "better" than tomatoes, for example?  Do you need a variety of fruits/veggies to get the best meals, or does a fridge filled with tomatoes alone give the same benefits?  Are all sparkly meals the same?

Also, does it make a difference how much you stock the fridge with--does stocking with 10 tomatoes last longer than 100?  If it does, then how much longer?  I've read conflicting info on whether or not stocking the fridge with stuff from your garden actually restocks the fridge (in the same way as buying groceries does), or just makes your meals better.

Much thanks, P
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 10:53:15 am »

Sorry I couldn't help you more, but the only thing that I can confirm is that stocking your fridge with home-grown produce does NOT stock the fridge the same way as buying groceries. They're in two seperate categories.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 01:11:16 am »

well, my best guess is based on the sale price of the items involved.

eggplants would seem to be the highest source of nutrition; while some items are limited to use in the juicer or as a snack.

I haven't really tried the whole thing yet, mostly my experimenting has been with growing crops and determining how the various crops grow and sell.

I can vouch for what babyblue1387 says, the fresh produce stocks in a different manner from the "regular" groceries.  when the regular groceries are depleted you can no longer make lobster thermidor or pork chops if the § value of the food in the frig is insufficient.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 01:29:54 am »

I've gotten food bonuses with just tomatoes in the fridge.  A mac and cheese with a tomato became a satisfying meal even for the near starved.  Once the vegetable or fruit goes into the fridge it looses the original identity and becomes  "fresh food".  

So, what type of produce you put in the fridge doesn't matter in the making of dishes.  However, an eggplant may add more fresh food points than tomato (haven't gotten that far with gardening yet Tongue).

You can have a fridge full of fresh food, but, I'd think, without the normal stock you won't be able to prepare a meal (again, haven't gotten that far, but since there's no new dishes based on the various produce and it's a separate category when checking the food levels, it sounds logical.

Echo made some vegetable and fruit plants/trees that could be harvested and use to restock the fridge.  Unless she's updating them to make them act as the Seasons plants and tress, they should continue to increase food stockage and not add to the fresh produce levels
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 01:52:58 am by ancienthighway » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: