Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 02:31:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Seasons - Flashing Accessories and No NPC Cooks (partially resolved)  (Read 2887 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Dunner

View Profile
« on: June 12, 2007, 03:20:49 am »

So, I've installed the 2nd Seasons patch now; and, might I add, it look you long enough, EA...

Anyway, it did fix some of the major problems I was having. At least my community lot fish will properly generate in the ponds now instead of magically appearing and "swimming" through the grass! Cheesy

A few other things have been repaired for me too; such as the weather reactions messing up the swimming pools, the constant bathing, etc.

BUT, there's some things that the patch didn't repair and I'm kind of at a loss now. I know there's a chance that some of these may be dealt with by the time Bon Voyage comes out, but that's still quite a bit down the road.

The two biggest problems that it didn't repair are:

- Accessories! Yep, mine are still flashing blue; even Maxis default accessories are messed up, including the vampire fangs. Sad

- Community Lot Cooks! After getting Seasons, NPC cooks will no longer appear at my community lot restaurants. When my sims order food, the waiter/waitress will walk to the stove and stand there for a few seconds and then the food will just magically appear on the table in front of my sim.

I can also shift-click on the stove (with boolprop enabled, of course) and I can force an error/reset it, and the NPC cook will generate to the lot. They'll walk to the stove and start working like they're supposed to.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 06:14:06 am by Dunner » Logged

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 11:00:55 am »

For the cook problem, try deleting the stove and replace it with a new one.

It should fix that problem it did for me.  But if it does not, then delete both the podium and the stove, for sure this will fix it.

As for the accessories problem, it could be a bad mesh or you might simply need to update your drivers.  I do know though that there are issues with some graphic cards Maxis are trying to fix.
Skye
Creator

Sims Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 11:20:34 am »

Hiya hon!
They have actually taken it off the site, so they could redo it! I know, I downloaded it too!  Can hardly wait til they put it back up!
Skye

I don't have net  so can't do  requests right now. so sorry
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 11:50:14 am »

The cook problem does not really have anything to do with the patch since I had that cook problem in OFB and in Seasons before I even install the patch 2 :tongue:
Crazee2ya

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 10:46:27 pm »

I've downloaded the patch too and STILL have a problem with the "levitating" toddlers. They just float if they don't have a task. What can I do about it??
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 10:12:08 am »

Quote from: Crazee2ya;777415
I've downloaded the patch too and STILL have a problem with the "levitating" toddlers. They just float if they don't have a task. What can I do about it??

You haven't really installed the patch.  You just re-installed the old one.  Maxis pulled the the second patch and just pointed the link to the old one.  So while you THINK you're downloading Patch #2, you're only getting Patch #1.  You'll have to wait until Maxis re-releases Patch #2 to fix your floating toddlers.

It actually pisses me off that they did this.  Instead of EA openly admitting the mistake (except in their bulletin board) and pulling the patch altogether, they instead left the site page for Patch #2 up with its complete description of fixes, and then pointed the link to the old patch.  So now everyone who goes to download it thinks they're getting this huge list of fixes, when in reality they're getting a fix for 3 old bugs that don't matter squat to anyone.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 10:15:45 am by jase439 » Logged

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
The Phantom Smi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 05:09:17 am »

I have a different problem with the cook. I bought a restaurant community lot to run as my own and the cook keeps appearing when I want to assign my own sim to it!! Any thoughts?

Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool:happy8:
Dunner

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 06:19:00 am »

UPDATE: 07-12-07

After a suggestion from Beosboxboy in a different (but similar thread), I tried something entirely new for my flashing accessories. Hopefully, I'm not getting too excited, but so far, it's working just fine. Cheesy

He suggested that you can export whatever accessory is flashing blue with Body Shop, then import it back in with a different name. I've tried this with a few necklaces and earrings and it's done just fine; no more flashing blue things!

Here's the thread where he mentions this "fix": http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=49762

However, I'm still digging through my hacks and other things to see if I can resolve the NPC cook issue... I'll keep you all updated. Smiley

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 10:35:21 am »

Dunner it is not caused by a hack.  I had that cook problem happing in my game sometimes since Nightlife with or without mods in.

I do not quite know why it happens but I know by deleting the stove and or podium it fixes the problem.
Dunner

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 07:04:29 pm »

Hmm, I've still been considering that too... I had never had it occur until I got Seasons and didn't have a chance to install any updated hacks; that's pretty much why I thought it could be a (conflicting) hack.

However, since I recently completely uninstalled/reinstalled everything from scratch (all EPs and Stuff packs), that it kind of fixed it? I've noticed that (so far) my cooks have been generating fine, and I don't have any hacks at all in the game at the moment since I'm still placing stuff back into my Downloads folder.

EDIT: Ok, well, I checked the game with all of my hacks; this time, it's fine... The cooks are generating properly again. That's a really weird glitch, but I'm glad it's fixed. Smiley

So, both of my problems are completely resolved now... This thread can be locked/deleted or whatever. lol
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 08:58:16 pm by Dunner » Logged

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: