Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 11:30:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dividing Mesh  (Read 1856 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
nappyme

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2007, 12:46:58 pm »

Ok, I've been trying to follow the tutorial on dividing a full-body mesh. When I get to the step where it says to "fix underweight bones" nothing happens. The tutorial says that I should see a "pop-up" box. There is no box that pops up. What in the world am I doing wrong. I can't figure it out, please help!

***Requests taken for MAXIS conversions ONLY!!***<br /><br />I have The Sims 2 plus ALL Expansion Packs!!!
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 11:21:23 pm »

hrm - nappyme - the mesh in the example of the tutorial is a Maxis mesh, at export there are changes in the weight because the SimPE plugin or the Unimesh plugin only works in whole integers.

So when the Maxis mesh orginally has 55.555555 % Spine1, 44.444445 % Pelvis for a vertex, the plugin changes the vaules to 55% Spine1, 44% Pelvis giving a short-fall of 1%.

Meshes that have already passed through this process, such as custom body meshes, may not require this step, since the correction may have already been done.

perhaps the mesh you are dividing is one such mesh.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
nappyme

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 04:10:43 pm »

Oh, ok-I get it! Thanks for your reply.

***Requests taken for MAXIS conversions ONLY!!***<br /><br />I have The Sims 2 plus ALL Expansion Packs!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: