Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 08:02:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Body Mesh  (Read 3998 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Joefish

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2007, 04:23:14 pm »

How do body meshes work...like can u download a whole bunch and choose which ones u want for certain sims....or when u download one every sim has that body type or...i duuno thats why i'm asking how do they work
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 05:04:11 pm »

Yes you can download as many as your heart desires and assign them to sims in the create a family screen or with a mod that allows you to change those you already have made. ChristianLuv has a mod for this it's on the graveyard site that will allow you to change their skin for several creators. Or you can also download skin default replacements which will change all your sims skins already in the game. Let's see on Simswardrobe he has made a little mod to change NPC's. If I'm misunderstanding what your saying, which I sometimes do. lol I'm sure someone else will be able to help more. Or if you have anymore questions just ask and I'm sure someone will help out Smiley

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Joefish

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 05:16:14 pm »

Where is this mod that i can download...whats the site
Joefish

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 02:53:00 pm »

can anyone help me....does anyone know a website where i can get a mod to be able to change the body types of my sims even after creating them
Vampyre

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 02:55:22 pm »

Please give people the chance to answer you before posting again.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 07:57:01 pm »

With SimPE: http://www.insimadult.org/showthread.php?p=377768

Christianlov's Skin Changer: http://files.sims2graveyard.com/christianlov/

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Joefish

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 08:53:14 pm »

THANK YOUUU
Joefish

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 09:05:52 pm »

sorry to be a pain but how exactly does the christinalov thing work...what do u do to change the body type?
Joefish

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 09:27:45 pm »

ok so i found the three pics that allow u to change the skin tone but it only lets me change between the maxis skintones why is this
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2007, 08:05:37 pm »

Joe, rather than double and triple posting, it's better if you click on the "edit" button of your original post (I'm referring to your last three posts).
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 08:34:16 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
shaunomenon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2007, 11:25:07 am »

Can sims with custom mesh's give birth like normal? I know custom genetics crash the game when the baby is born.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007, 03:13:18 pm »

Only if the creator was sloppy.  

You're probably thinking of the "manniquin" skin -- yes, that caused crashes, because Maxis never in a million years thought people would want to play Sims with that skin tone, so they didn't bother making a "baby" version.

I haven't heard of anyone having crashes lately due to custom genetics.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007, 04:24:14 pm »

Quote from: Joefish;777298
ok so i found the three pics that allow u to change the skin tone but it only lets me change between the maxis skintones why is this

Joefish, in order to use Christianlove's skinchanger you must have the custom skintones in your game. For example: I want to change a sim already in game to one of Enayla's skins, I would need to have this specific skintone by Enayla already downloaded in my game. That is probably why it is only allowing you to change between maxis skintones. This mod allows you to change skintones but doesn't put these skintones in the game for you. I hope this helps. Smiley

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2007, 01:06:07 am »

OK - on the matter of custom body meshes causing crashes during birth -- it happens, but generally this is a result of a conflict in some additional mod.  For instance, if you have a male pregnancy mod, there may be a weird issue develop when the switch back to a normal body takes place; or if you have an "any clothing for pregnancy" mod, this too may be at issue.

Some installs of the game have serious problems with custom body meshes because of the video card and the video card driver.  Not all video cards are created equal.

On the matter of using ChristianLov's paintings - the items use a variety of skin tones from different artists, this will afford you the opportunity to change the skin tone after creation of a Sim, the benefit thereof is if the skin tone is "mesh-linked" so it is "shower-proof" for a certain body type.

This will not make a sweeping change to the shape of the Sim, EA/Maxis has designed the game in such a fashion that it is impossible to make a change in that fashion.  You must dress/clothe your Sims in custom clothing that uses a special mesh if you want the effect of a bigger anything.  The "shower-proof" skin tone is a further extension of this process.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 01:09:19 am by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: