Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 01:52:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling in sick bug  (Read 1210 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ydrill

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2007, 08:45:17 am »

Okay, I checked stickies and searched the forums, so I hope this hasn't been detailed in another thread.

If I call in sick once they say it's okay and I keep my vacation day. If I call in sick again they say I'm demoted, but I still keep the vacation day and... I'm not demoted.

Has anyone else heard of this bug?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 08:45:56 am by Ydrill » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 09:10:04 am »

I don't think it's a bug, it's just the way the game works. "Sick Days" and "Vacation Days" are two separate things. Every time you call in sick to work, the game tallies it as a sick day. If you just ignore the carpool to go to work (or just don't go, if you have a car), the game tallies it as a vacation day. Take too many sick days and you risk getting demoted or fired. So if you've taken a sick day, have the vacation time and want/need a second day, don't call in. Just cancel out the "go to work" action when it comes up and stay home; the game will take it out of your vacation time and you'll still have your job.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Ydrill

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 02:25:27 pm »

Thanks for your response
That's...odd..no, stupid. That's it.

Well, I tried calling in sick three days in a row I think. One was ok and the others said I had been demoted, which I hadn't. I'll have to experiment with how many times you can call in sick before it hurts you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: