Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 01:01:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Grosub tree?  (Read 1266 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Shastania

View Profile WWW
« on: June 19, 2007, 07:21:36 am »

I've been having a problem in my game as of late, particularly when it comes to sims interacting romantically.
Everytime I have my selected sim click on his/her crush, a box pops up saying something along the lines of:
ERROR=bad grosub tree and the options "Cancel", "Delete" and "Reset". (I'll post a screencap tomorrow as I'm not on my home pc right now)

What follows is a mini-game freeze, though if I choose Reset, the game reverts to normal. This happens everytime I try to get two sims who are Going Steady/Engaged/Married or have a mutual crush on each other to interact. Also, I can't get them to relax- one sim will lay on the bed but as soon as the other attempts to, the damn error message keeps popping up.

Clicking on Rest causes them both to spring back to the standing positions at the front of the bed and as a result bof this glitch, they are unable to Woohoo, Make Out or Try For A Baby.

Same thing happens with the Hot Tub.

This has previously happened before when I had Pets installed but it didn't go away even after I uninstalled the EP and only disappeared when I went on a Download folder cull.
I know that it's potentially linked to my CC but the question is: WHAT?

I'm kind of a huge newb when it comes to using download organization software so I'm more than a bit bewildered by all this.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

*attached image removed*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:22:06 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 01:17:20 am »

It looks at first estimation like you have a conflict - possibly a career or even maybe a food item.

Try running Paladin's Hack Conflict Detection Utility and post the report here.
(Click SIms 2, click programs, click the Sims 2 Hack Conflict Detection Utility image, click Download) - this programme requires VB6 runtime files, this may require an additional download: http://download.microsoft.com/download/vb60pro/Redist/sp4/win98/EN-US/VBRun60sp4.exe

That being said, it is also possible your neighbourhood, that lot, or these sims have corruption in the files as a result of any number of causes.  Let's try to make sure it isn't a mod conflict first though.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 01:25:45 am »

From the glitchy.jpg image, the error looks like it is in a custom career or if you have some mod that lets adults go to school, that one.

With the additional careers in Pets and Seasons, most custom careers need to be updated.  You may want to check to see if the ones you have, along with your other mods, have been updated for Seasons.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: