Insimenator.org
April 30, 2024, 10:43:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Sunburn  (Read 4715 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Tomkat

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2007, 08:27:57 am »

I've tested this time & again.  
My sims dont get sunburned.  Ever.  They spend whole days outside in summer in their swimsuits, yet they never get burnt.  Ive played the game on no-autonomy, and kept them outside the WHOLE OF SUMMER using boolprop to take care of their needs, and its just not happening.  

Freezing is a breeze, but how can I get them burnt?  Is there maybe a hack to increase the odds?

Thanks!!
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 12:21:12 am »

several people have mentioned this as a problem, there seems to be a link between tomato juice and sunburning, but I can't quite figure it out.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Dinki

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 12:41:21 am »

Tomato juice seems to raise their body temperature.

Also - you could experiment - have you noticed that a hot kiss does that too (temporarily)?

Won't you come into the garden?
I would like my roses to see you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 01:49:21 pm »

Bizarre. Have you tried to simply fish ? My sims have frequenly sunburns while fishing. Wink

And for the hack there is one on MTS2 : Morague Sunburn/Frostburn Maker who give the skin effect but not the distress. :-P
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 11:32:39 am »

I have the seasons patch 2 install and since then my sims had plenty of sunburn.  They were are all in everyday clothes though in case it makes a difference.
Nokomys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 02:13:11 pm »

It's not a sunburn they get- it's Heat Stroke. They turn red and sometimes they pass out from it. I'm guessing if untreated they can also die from it. It isn't really a rip off- it's the way being overheated is. In game it even says Heat Stroke.

If you want to give your sim Heat Stroke have them go outside during the Summer and once their bar goes into the red have them drink Tomato juice.

I have to watch my youngest son very closely when he plays outside because he turns red (looks burned) very quickly and I have to bring him in and cool him off and then his skin returns to normal color. I deal with it all the time in real life.

This is a pic of my only sim to ever get it- just before she passed out...

* heatstroke1.jpg (81.85 KB, 408x674 - viewed 166 times.)
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 02:36:17 pm »

You are right, they have heat stroke not sunburn, there is a little lemonade drink icon appearing in their queu in red and their needs are dropping drastically.  Making them take a bath while in high temperature can also create heat stroke.

To help them lower their temperature, a glass of lemonade, of water or juice from the fridge will help., I think a dip in the pool might help too.  DO NOT make them take a shower or bath while their temperature is in red already or they will suffer heat stroke over again.
Nokomys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 04:12:02 pm »

Also, getting hit with water balloons drops their temp. Smiley
(forgot that- sorry)
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 04:53:25 am »

Ohh...thanks! Ive tried the object on MTS2 to set an overlay...but thats not really what I want...
So Ill do the tomato juice thing outside and see if it helps..! Maybe I also need to install the patch then?
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 10:30:59 am »

I suggest you install it, it is fixing many bugs and it might help your sims getting heat stroke.  I do not remember having any until I installed the patch.
Krystylfalls

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007, 11:26:52 pm »

I hope you sorted out your heatstroke/sunburn problems. I have a sligtly different problem:

My sim went on vacation & sunbathed on the beach. He got sunburned and has stayed that way. How do I get rid of the sunburn? Can anyone tell me please?
Reluctantly Human

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2007, 11:36:44 pm »

I just had one of my own Sims come down with a case of the sunburn, and on my game it seems to have cleared up on it's own. I am still on vacation with the Sim, and it is only one (vacation) day later. In that time, I did have him woohoo a few times, shower, eat, went on a few tours, and went to a community (vacation) lot. I don't recall when I noticed it went away, but it doesn't seem like it took too long for me.
Krystylfalls

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2007, 11:55:51 pm »

Thanks for answering, Reluctantly Human.

My sim completed his holiday, went home for a number of days and has now been on a 2nd holiday for 4 days and it's still there. In that time he has done all the things you say. I wonder why mine isn't working?
Reluctantly Human

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2007, 05:19:35 pm »

Man, I think maybe Maxis is trying to teach us a lesson. The dangers of melanoma perhaps? I think the latest version of the InSimenator has an option for giving your Sim a tan/burn/frostbite  under it's social item, if you do not mind adding a mod into your game.
Krystylfalls

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2007, 10:36:50 pm »

So, that's what Maxis is doing.... melanoma huh! Well maybe!

Thanks for your suggestion. I love insiminator but couldnt find those options so maybe I need to update my version. Will go and check it now. I love the idea of tanning, must try it.
Thanks again!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: