Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 06:42:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jon Walker of Panic at the Disco  (Read 8879 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Fabacous

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2008, 12:43:24 pm »

Quote from: nesleyswipes;1222301
JWalk!!!! Eeee! Any plans for Spencer?

I'm making one!!! want it??
Ingridtk

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2008, 07:44:36 pm »

Quote from: Fabacous;1330450
OMG HEEEEEEEEELLLP!!! i saw this outfit for ryan that i REEEAALLLY want to download, it looks like the outfit was MADE for him!! look, i think you'll know wich 1 im talkin bout (joust incase, its the bottom left):  
http://simsartistsunion.com/bbs/zboard.php?id=down&page=5&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&category=2&sn=off&ss=on&sc=on&keyword=&sn1=&divpage=1... go there and youll see what i mean!! anything from that site-i cant download! URRGG!!

so i realy want it. but it wont let me, every time i pres download it comes up with:
"please double-click a custom content package file to install the content."
WHAT DOES IT MEAN? what do i do now!?!? HEELLLPPP! and fast!

ok, don't worry about using package installer to install this outfit. This is all you do:

1. Download the file by right-clicking on the link and going 'Save Target As'
2. Save the file somewhere on your computer (will be a zip file)
3. Unzip the file
4. Copy and paste the 2 files into your sims 2 'downloads' folder ,which is located here: My Documents\EA GameS\The Sims 2\Downloads\

I will send you a PM regarding the other questions you had.
Fabacous

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2008, 11:03:20 am »

Thaks! 2 more q.

1. How do you 'unzip' a folder...extract it???

2. Jon's hair and clothes arent downloading. in the game, its still the old hair! ive tryed right-clickin, save target...and all that, but it still says i cant get it.  UR! im stressed. help!

thks. ur the best. im not very smart on these things..lol. ur awesome!! BIBI
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 11:18:44 am by Fabacous » Logged
Ingridtk

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2008, 08:07:13 am »

Quote from: Fabacous;1332498
Thaks! 2 more q.

1. How do you 'unzip' a folder...extract it???

2. Jon's hair and clothes arent downloading. in the game, its still the old hair! ive tryed right-clickin, save target...and all that, but it still says i cant get it.  UR! im stressed. help!

thks. ur the best. im not very smart on these things..lol. ur awesome!! BIBI

1. To unzip, you should just double-click. I think you have already unzipped a file because the Jon Walker sim is zipped. Otherwise, you can use a program like winzip but I don't think you need to download it.

2. Hmmm, I'm not sure why that would be happening, Clicking on the link or right clicking- > 'Save target as' should download it to your hard drive. After the .zip file is downloaded, you would unzip the file and move all of the files into your sims 2 downloads folder (including the Mesh - very important).

Also, the Jon Walker sim was packed in Maxis hair and clothes so you will have to manually put the hair and clothes on one you have downloaded them.

p.s I don't have a PC myself (I have a mac) so i'm just going from memory. If nothing is working, try checking this great downloading tutorial on MTS2,don't worry about the title of it to much ,lol, it  just covers pretty much everything & helped me a lot when I had downloading issues.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 09:20:38 am by Ingridtk » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: