Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 05:50:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible?  (Read 1684 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Johnny Drake

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2007, 05:16:02 pm »

I have downloaded clothes in the past that now seem perfect for outside wear. Is there a way that I can modify the downloads that appear in casual wear to that of outdoor wear?
Thanks for the help.
plaidedbra

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 05:20:48 pm »

as far as i know, you can open them up in bodyshop and change the categories there. it'd be good to put in the same tool tip for future reference.

i don't have seasons myself, but i've done that with categorizing other things before. i have heard of it done with seasons, so that's why i suggest using bodyshop. i think you'll hear the same response from others. if i'm wrong, sorry for steering you in the wrong direction.

it's a plaid plaid plaid plaid world...
Johnny Drake

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 05:33:03 pm »

Thanks for the suggestion, plaided. I've never used bodyshop before, but I can try to figure it out. Any other suggestions?
Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 09:28:59 pm »

SimPe. But that's even more complicated if you've never even used BS.

And you can't just open a file in BS, you'll have to "create parts" -> "clothing" -> select the outfit in question -> click on the export button at the bottom (that makes themeditable, but also produces a lot of junk -> mark all the categories you want the outfit to appear in -> update tooltip -> import into game.

It's quite easy, but you'll have two same pieces now. And because BS is soo very practical, it won't let you delete anything in "create parts" mode. That's why you now click on "create sim" and search the outfit there. Identify the old one by your tooltip and delete it. Also, there's the junk from the exporting, so you'll have to go to EA Games/The Sims 2/Projects and delete the folders there. If you forget to do that, you'll suddenly find that there are hundreds of MB of unneeded files that may crash your CAS. And while you're in the neighborhood (literally, not the folder), go to Saved Sims and get your newly created files out of there (don't let that folder clutter, too) and move them to your downloads folder.

This procedure is a little annoying, so it is only practical if you want to change but a few outfits. If you intend to recategorize lots of your clothes, you should find the tutorial over on MTS2 and do it with SimPe. Looks scary the first time you use it, but that'll pass quickly.

Hope I could help!
Johnny Drake

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 10:42:59 am »

Wow, thanks for the help, Wednesday. I do have SimPe - I've been fiddling around with it for awhile now. Mostly just the neighborhood and Sims aspect of it. I think I'll go find the tutorial and use SimPE. BS does seem annoying by the way you're describing it. I don't have the patience for that. Thanks again though, you really helped.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: