Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 02:57:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Change voice, skin tone and eye color?  (Read 8722 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SammyTheSim

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2007, 10:15:02 am »

Hi there.

First off, thank you very much to everyone involved in putting the Insimenator together! It takes so much hassle out of the game :clap:

Secondly, can someone tell me if it's possible to easily change an existing sim's voice, skin tone and eye color? I have a humanoid Servo that I'd like to have a male adult voice. I tried opening a sim in SimPe, copied and pasted the (hex?) value under voice into Servo's, pressed Commit, then Save... and nothing Sad He still talks in those bleepy-dee-bleep-bleeps of his. Boy, is that getting old :-x

As for the skin tone and eye color, I am not mistaken in thinking there's no way to do that using the Insimenator, am I? I did read the manual, but I'm asking to make sure. There are so many features and I've been to so many sites that I have a hard time making sense of it all :scratch:
So far, the only method I know of is building a clone sim then using SimPe's sim surgery, but that's so tedious. And for the eyes, should I just resort to looking for contacts? Ugh, I already have a bazillion downloads... :sad1:

Anyway, thanks in advance to anyone who helps out! Smiley
Dinki

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 12:08:46 pm »

For the skintone, you could use christianlov`s skintone changer, which is available at MTS2. Gotta read the thread first though.

I use it and it`s very handy.

As for the eyes - the simpe method that you mentioned or the contacts that you mentioned too would be my bet.

Won't you come into the garden?
I would like my roses to see you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SammyTheSim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 11:37:50 pm »

Thanks, but it looks like that hack kicked the bucket some time ago. I don't suppose you'd be kind enough to let me have it? Smiley Unless there were serious issues with it, in which case, I guess I'd be better off without it.
Dinki

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 12:22:33 am »

I don`t know, I had no issues... the one I have lets me choose of enayla`s and louis` skins and it works okay.

Looks like christianlov took all his toys away from the mts sandpit... maybe it`s still available somewhere, like on the sims graveyard... or I could share.

Won't you come into the garden?
I would like my roses to see you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SammyTheSim

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 06:47:49 am »

Is http://files.sims2graveyard.com the URL of the Sims Graveyard? It's down at the moment because of host issues, so I'd appreciate it if you'd share Smiley

Any hints for changing the voice? As I said, pasting another sim's voice value into Servo's didn't work. Also, I opened up four adult male sims and they've all got different values under Voice Type, but I'm pretty sure in-game they sound the same :neutral:
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 08:14:23 am »

Actually, in game there's at least three different types of adult male voices as for the other older age groups, teen and up.  (to my shock, I found another type of teen female voice that was deeper than the usual "high-pitched scratched record" voice, but that was a few EPs ago... haven't found it again since installing OFB last year.) They all sound alike at first, but if you listen closely, you can hear the differences.  

I was about to suggest what you just mentioned above (pasting the voice value of another sim into the Servo's voice type box, then committing the changes) but since you said it didn't work, don't know what else I could suggest.  Maybe it won't work because the game has the sim flagged as a Servo or something... :dontknow:

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2007, 11:20:48 am »

There are a BUNCH of voices, the problem is that they didn't use all that many voice actors to make them, so they do indeed sound alike in most regards.

Changing the voice is a bothersome thing.  It requires SimPE and some studious care; you have to KNOW the number of the voice you want to use.  Usually this requires locating a sim with that voice in your neighbourhood and copying the voice GUID from that sim to the sim whose voice you want to change.

It isn't easy and there is no full list compiled of the voices that I have ever discovered.

Because using an invaild value in the voice may lead to an unplayable game, I won't detail the process here.  If you feel brave enough, I will send you the instructions via PM, but I really don't recommend it.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
SammyTheSim

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 02:01:34 pm »

Thanks again for the skintone selector, Dinki Smiley

Quote from: beosboxboy;788924
Because using an invaild value in the voice may lead to an unplayable game, I won't detail the process here.

Thank you, but I already tried pasting another sim's voice into Servo's, clicking Commit, then Save and it had no effect. I also tried typing in random gibberish and that also had no effect; SimPe turned the value into 0x000C. I also tried swapping Daniel Plesant's voice (0x6F9D) with his daughter Angela's (0x70DE), but that didn't work either, so it's not an issue specific to Servo. The Pleasant family and Servo are not part of the same household, so it's not an issue with that specific lot either.

The correct neighborhood file is shown in SimPe's title bar, so I'm not editing my backup by mistake or anything. If I close the game and open the Servo in SimPe again, the Voice Type is still what I set it to, so the game didn't revert it to the default. I'm at a loss :oogle: Is it because SimPe 0.62.1.100 is only compatible up to Celebration Stuff? As far as I know, H&M only added objects and clothes to the game, so I don't think that should be a problem.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 02:34:52 pm »

I know I've seen a link to a skintone changing tutorial in the last week or so.  Try searching here and on InSimAdult for "skintone change SimPE" or something similar.

Ah ha!  I found it! http://www.insimadult.org/showpost.php?p=377766&postcount=8

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Mickey

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 06:37:37 pm »

Any way you could post that here, since I don't want to go to the adult one?

Thanks. Smiley
wawayaya

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 06:53:28 pm »

Could this be what you want for editing Christianlov's stuff?
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,8289.0.html
SammyTheSim

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2007, 03:53:45 pm »

Quote from: miros1;790950

Thanks. That might be a bit too complicated for me, but then again, I get errors when trying to use SimPe's surgery for just the skintone, so I might need it at some point.

Quote from: ::_Mickey_::;791436
Any way you could post that here, since I don't want to go to the adult one?

Here you go. This should work. I saved the page, complete with screenshots.

Quote from: wawayaya;791459
Could this be what you want for editing Christianlov's stuff?
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,8289.0.html

Thanks. Wow. That's downright mind-boggling! If I ever get my downloads neatly sorted out (I've got Delphy's Download Organiser and Clean Installer, but not the time to use them), I might get new skins and try to add them to Christianlov's skintone selector.

Unless someone has some tips about the voice, I think I'll give up on that :sad1: I've taken a look around the mostly dead SimPe forum and came across at least three threads about the same problem, all unsolved.
In the last one, the poster actually claims (s)he used the Insimenator to change the sim's voice?! That's not possible, right? :scratch:

* copy skintone.zip (802.47 KB - downloaded 203 times.)
iamjason1989
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2007, 06:45:27 am »

i am finding the skintone selectors as well, but seems that all link are not working, can someone send/pm me the  custom skintone selector ?
MissFixit
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2007, 06:38:53 pm »

The skintone selector is probably at the graveyard, but that site is under construction. Is there any way someone could send me one?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: