Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:41:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: This is Only a Test (OFFICIALLY DEADENED)  (Read 19260 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
evlevnz92

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2007, 08:20:54 pm »

If anyone has any comments to add, please do! If there's anything you think can be done to make the pics better, than I'd also appreciate constructive criticism. =)

Oh, and if anyone wondered, I edited the pictures with Adobe photoshop, got the color by playing around with Lightness, Saturation, and Contrast, and added the talk bubbles using the Custom shape tool in Photoshop. The font is JC, which can be downloaded here: http://simplythebest.net/fonts/fonts/jc.html
NOTE: The site doesn't give me trouble, but vita told me that it went pop-up crazy on her, so be careful.

Sorry it's a bit short!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 02:45:15 pm by evlevnz92 » Logged

And I've been dating Paris Hilton for months! ...until she went to jail...twice...
vita4all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 10:31:50 pm »

Hi Evlevnz92,

Good gracious, by all means, continue! Intelligence, humor and creativity - what an unbeatable combination for a story or cartoon.

Regarding Adobe Photoshop. The three features you mentioned are tools I use with every single photo.

In addition:

1. You'll find that the Polygonal Lasso Tool is extremely useful. If your subject, for example, is light-complexion, and next to a dark complexion person or object, you have a problem if the lighting isn't just right. When you use light and/or contrast to lighten the dark person or object, the lighter person/object becomes too light and you lose some of the detail. I can see this in your 2nd photo. The lockers are perfect, but the face of main character is a little too light. Not enough for anyone to complain, but if you're striving for artistic excellence and have time to fart around with it, the lasso tool will help. There are several methods to do this.

You could lasso, or rope off his face. then go to the upper left hand corner, click Edit, and scroll down to Copy, or even cut.  You'd then adjust the rest of the photo for color/lightness/etc, and then copy and paste the original back on to where it it was. You may have to do the hands too, if they're showing. I'm sure there are other methods, but this is the main one I know so far.

The other thing the Lasso Tool is good for is changing the background. I know there's another way, but I haven't learned it yet... more about that in a moment.

See here for more specific instructions and before-and after-photos done by myself and another insem member:
http://www.insimenator.org/showpost.php?p=780889&postcount=175

2. I don't know if you're interested in using the Filter (upper left hand corner on Adobe), but I love it and use it a lot. You can change the mood of a photo with it. The link above shows that too.

I won't say good luck, 'cause this is about practice and patience more than luck, but you're already really good and could teach me a few things too, as your shots have things in it that I don't know how to do.

Take care, Vita
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 10:55:31 pm by vita4all » Logged

For a few nice downloads, visit our site, http://gangstersims.com.
evlevnz92

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 01:12:29 pm »

Wow, thanks Vita! I really appreciate your advice! =D

And I've been dating Paris Hilton for months! ...until she went to jail...twice...
evlevnz92

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 10:45:36 pm »

Naima

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 10:53:03 pm »

MORE! I need more! I mean NOW! Get to work! =D If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the influence for this story?

¤¤¤
1st Place MTB5 : Unity
2nd Place 7 Deadly Sims : Kimora[/SIZE]
evlevnz92

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 11:42:56 pm »

Hehe, I'm workin on it!
And the influence? Mostly it's just random. Although I've been trying to make it kinda like manga (and a lot of the influence is from the game Atelier Iris...totally different, but lots of talking in that storyline...)

Naima

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 11:51:54 pm »

Well, good job on the manga thing! I can definitely see that influence and I will be checking back a lot to see if you updated =D. <3 it!

¤¤¤
Jagerjaques
Hollow

Grimmjow

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 11:54:49 pm »

This is cute!
cookie_monster8

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2007, 12:04:24 am »

I love it! I need more. lol. Will be waiting for updates

(\_/)
 (._.)
'(_ _)'
Naima

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2007, 12:11:49 am »

Oh, I forgot to ask in my first post, but, (if you don't mind telling) where did you get Cole's hair? His skin is cute too, but I think I may have it. . . it looks a little like Pixie Glow, Light, or Loveless, I can't remember which one though. I could be totally off, though, lol.

¤¤¤
evlevnz92

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2007, 12:40:21 am »

Yea, it's an Enayla skin. And the hair is a pay one from Raonjena. Are we allowed to link to the booty here...?

Naima

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2007, 01:24:28 am »

I'm not sure if we're allowed to link there, but just pass me the number of the hair or what it's called on the booty site and I'll manage =D. Love the avvie BTW! I won't mess with him =D

¤¤¤
evlevnz92

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2007, 07:46:51 am »

=D
Male hair 16.

vita4all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2007, 08:34:02 am »

Your update started my morning off with a laugh! I knew people would love this... keep it rolling and I'm betting you'll be famous one day :clock:

For a few nice downloads, visit our site, http://gangstersims.com.
Naima

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2007, 08:39:03 am »

Thanks! Cole really does have 'such a cute face' by the way. :wink:

¤¤¤
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: