Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 10:12:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: game keeps crashing at start up  (Read 2693 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
LuckyKitten

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2007, 07:13:40 am »

i have uni, nl, ofb, pets, fun stuff, and glam stuff installed.

i downloaded some food and installed it into my downloads folder lastnight.  now when i try to start my game, while the loading screen is up it just closes the app completely out.  just exits the game.  i went into my downloads and removed all the food downloads and its still doing it, but i wasnt doing it before i put the food in.

so what else could be causing this to happen?

at the sim2 site there was something about the nVidia video cards but mine is on the list of ones that are supposed to work, mines a GeForce FX5500.  

i wasnt having any troubles at all untill last night, been working the last 4 hours trying to fix the problem, checking my comp for corupted files and everything to see if that might be causing it.  nothing is popping up.  

downloaded a thingy to check that none of my other mods might be interfering with one another, says all my hacks are fine.  so i dont know what else to do to try to fix this.  im tired and my mind is blank as to what the next step should be.

help anyone, please?  thank you

:cat:
garjian

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 07:30:09 am »

i have had this problem myself

my problem was a bad download [a dell tv thing from mts2]
i also at first thought i had too many downloads but, yeah that wasnt it
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 08:24:30 am »

Open up My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\ and drag the .package and .cache files to another folder.  For some reason, the game likes to corrupt those files, and that will keep your game from running.

Your game will load horridly slow the next time, but it should load!

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 11:10:08 am »

It will also do that if you have a download that is for an expansion pack you don't have. If the downloads you got last had one in there for Seasons, it will do that also, I figured out finally...
LuckyKitten

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 03:35:14 pm »

Quote from: amc462000;790533
It will also do that if you have a download that is for an expansion pack you don't have. If the downloads you got last had one in there for Seasons, it will do that also, I figured out finally...

ill check momma but i dont think i have any downloads that are for seasons.  im gonna remove the download folder and go through one by one till i find the problem.  there isnt that many in there thankfully.

trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 03:49:52 pm »

Luckykitten, from what I understand about custom foods, the ones you downloaded may not have been updated for an EP you have. Unfortunately many times the creators forget to mention that an EP is needed, i have learned that the hard way. Check with the creator and see if it will work with your EPs. If you don't have the Sims2 Pack Clean Installer click here this may be a good time to get it. It will allow you to remove those items easily from your game then try to load your game. If it is still crashing with them removed you know it wasn't those and you can then put them back in your game. :-P Good luck!

LuckyKitten

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 03:52:17 pm »

thank you trl.  ill give that a try.

LuckyKitten

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 07:14:46 pm »

it seemed to be a cereal download thats name was all numbers, no wonder i couldnt find it myself.  that lil program is handy.  thank you all for your help, my game is up and running again

amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 08:18:33 am »

Good!  I am glad you figured it out and thanks for not calling me yesterday at 5 am to ask me!  heh heh
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2007, 03:18:58 am »

Not everyone will agree with this, but this is what i always recommend: NEVER download food, careers, or university majors.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2007, 12:09:03 pm »

Quote from: LuckyKitten;791149
thank you trl.  ill give that a try.

You're welcome! Glad it is working now. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: