Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:03:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NO GIRLS?? this is insaine, please help!  (Read 2768 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Minty94

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2007, 10:39:00 am »

Ever since i installed seasons i never have been able to make my sims have female babies. Before i installed it i would get a nice variation between the genders but now ONLY BOYS! No Girls whatsoever. i have made 4 pracatice families and they each had 6 kids: no girls AT ALL! What can i do? and one more thing:

Hairs. I can't download hairs. i Found a hair that someone gave to me, i clicked on it, I saved it to my downloads folder, i checked that it is there, it was, i opened the game and looked in the create a family and change apperience and it was not there: not in the normal hairs or the custom bin. What did i do wrong?

Thank you for any help you give me Cheesy

~Reanna

Life is not measured by the breaths that you take, but by the moments that take your breath away
[/COLOR]
Gotta love life! :thefinge:
Johnny Drake

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 10:49:22 am »

I have no idea about the babies, that's just horrid!

The downloading. I know everytime I install a new game, I have to check to enable custom content and then reload the game for it to appear. Are you positive that you have the custom content enabled? That's the only advice I can help you with. Sorry it's not much.
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 10:58:20 am »

Are you saying all other custom content you download shows up in the game or bodyshop but the custom hair you download is the only thing that doesn't?

Re: babies - has any of the girl babies you got grown up and had their own babies?  and if so, are they also girls?
Minty94

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 12:59:03 pm »

Well the only thing i have been able to download was a house that came with a bunch of custom things, and every time i open the game it has to boxes that say "disable custom content" and "enable custom content" and enable is always on, so the rest of the things work. Do i have to extract it or somthing? because the hair is already there in my downloads folder.

amc46000: Yeah, all the girl babies i had already had before i downloaded the game grew up and some had babies: no girls.

Life is not measured by the breaths that you take, but by the moments that take your breath away
[/COLOR]
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 01:08:52 pm »

no I mean the girl babies born since you installed Seasons and have noticed a problem with no boy babies. Have those girl babies grown up and had babies?

Hair problem could be you didn't download the meshes needed to make it appear in the game. Or if you have not extracted the hair from its .rar or .zip file then yes it has to be extracted to downloads or saved sims folders to work.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 02:00:45 pm »

Have you tried having multiple babies in a session?  

Have you tried the Lot Debugger from More Awesome Than You?  Basically, you put one on a lot at the beginning of each play session, click it, pick "Initialize Random Number Generator" (or something like that), then wait a bit while it kicks you back to your neighborhood screen.  This helps ensure that your born-in-game Sims and randomly generated townies and dormies have a good variety of different appearances.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Minty94

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 03:22:05 pm »

Quote from: amc462000;790796
no I mean the girl babies born since you installed Seasons and have noticed a problem with no boy babies. Have those girl babies grown up and had babies?

Hair problem could be you didn't download the meshes needed to make it appear in the game. Or if you have not extracted the hair from its .rar or .zip file then yes it has to be extracted to downloads or saved sims folders to work.

There have been no girl babies born since i installed it.

miros1: i have had twins but there were no girls if that is what you mean. i have never heard of the other thing. Where can i find it?

[/COLOR]
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 03:48:57 pm »

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf

Make sure you get the right version for your latest EP and read the readme (called RTFM) before installing it.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 03:56:16 pm »

It's been said many times already, the gender of the baby is determined at the time of birth and is based on whatever random number seed EA used.    Only problem with that is most random number generators will generate a specific pattern.  At this time your game is going through a string of boys.  Later it will be a string of girls.  Every now and then it generates a mix.

The only way to get the game off it's string is the FFS Lot Debugger like miros1 suggested.
Vampyre

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 04:02:25 pm »

Quote from: miros1;791133
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf

Make sure you get the right version for your latest EP and read the readme (called RTFM) before installing it.

Readme is the name of the document.

RTFM won't be found on any ep.  I personally consider that name to be somewhat condescending by those who prefer to name their readme that way.

I don't mean to sound gruff or like I'm picking on you... they do name it that way there and it's good that you mention it so others will know.

I just don't particularly like the name.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 04:38:37 pm by Vampyre » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: