Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 02:29:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Securom on my PC?  (Read 2907 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
blackvelvet

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2008, 03:58:23 am »

A few days/posts ago someone asked what was Securom and recieved a really concise yet comprehensive answer that I really appreciated; never quite having understood before.

So now I know what it is, how do I confirm that it is actually on my pc? Having all eps to FT I know it's highly probable that I do; plus I'm patched up to Ssns (No FT patch). I don't use the FT launcher now but I did after installation.

Thanks in advance.
Annette1955

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 04:49:27 am »

I'm not very techie sorry, but look here http://www.snootysims.com/extrasindex.php?id=securom and here http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,9929.0.html
for more answers.
boeketjebloemen

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 09:35:47 am »

If you've installed Bon Voyage, Free Time, H&M stuff pack or any of the stuff packs after that one, you've GOT Securom. No doubt about it.
But that you have it doesn't mean it'll cause any problems. It might cause problems, or it may not. I have no problems with it on my pc, but there are MANY horror stories about what Securom can do to a computer.

:bunny:Climbing up from Moo-Bunny status:bunny:
blackvelvet

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 10:21:55 am »

Thank you both.

I do have it then and as far as I can tell, considering I don't tend to burn discs very often, it doesn't seem to have caused me any difficulties. I suppose I'm bothered by such aggressive security tactics. No one has the right to walk into my home and place an additional lock on my front door to supposedly protect property that I legally pruchased (not rented or leased but purchased).  Plus my pc is pretty my lifeline to the world outside my four walls so the thought of someone/something messing with it without my permission frightens me as paying to repair any damage is beyond my budget constraits.

Right. Sorry. Mini rant over. Thanks again for your time and the links.
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 10:28:21 am »

LOL. I, too mini rant every now and again. I am running with all EPs through FT and all SPs through IKEA and have had no problems. I don't burn that many disks, either. There is a way to get rid of it, but unless you are comfortable with editing the Windows registry directly, it is probably not a good thing to do. I don't generally fool around in there but I believe there are tools available that can assist. Then again, I've not had any problems running.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: