Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 05:43:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Sim Ideas?  (Read 43833 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Lochar

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2006, 03:11:56 pm »

Quote from: AxelVal
I like the idea, Lochar, but on a smaller scale.  Maybe just the houses you want to can 'live' on their own.  Like if I have a sim I'm playing, and already know who I'm going to marry them off to, then I can have the other sim that I'm not playing be able to go about their life, and see if no one else comes along that they like better.
Also, what about if after a certain amount of time, your male sims will begin to grow the facial hair and beards.  And if you don't want them too, you can click on the sink and choose a "Shave" option.  It makes me think of the old bathroom mirrors in Sims 1 where you could brush your teeth.

Lol its funny you mention that cuz I was just thinking about that the other day, I still dont know what groom is for but I thought it would be better to have an unshaven look and even hair mussed after so long of inattention. And on a smaller scale for autonomous would be good as well but I figured go for broke. With toggable options, we could use your example and control the sims to get  them married, even try for a child, but if thats all you want to do for them, then you can toggle them back and let them rear the kid(s). Maybe take control again to marry the kid off to a particular sim, etc.

Its just funny the sims have settings for abilities yet most times we control them or else they become miserable.
vicky_xox

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2006, 04:35:25 pm »

Well there are quite a few things that I would like to add to the Sims 2.

First of all; I agree there needs to be more interactions with babies, defo! Like you could have a sling around your fron you could put them in, a bouncing chair, playmats, a pram (buggy for toddlers), babies could have hair- I mean hello, my son was born with a whole head of hair- clothes, blankets in their cots and playpens they can interact with.
Also for children and teens in general; a wendy house, car seats, proms, exams, more toys, baby dolls to play with (Action Man for boys), draw pictures- scribbles-, toddlers to be able to play with other toddlers, first boyfriend/ girlfriend and parents meeting ('cause that's always a hoot!:lol:), crushes on popstars and footballers and write stories.

I'd love to see pregnancy tests aswell and also be able to follow your sims to nursery, school and work. Also the hospital, doctors, gynaecologists, dentists etc...
Obviously I want those in the game! Smiley
When the sims are pregnant they should go for check-ups, ulrasound and in labour then they should be in the hospital on the bed or in water and scream, and the doctors, midwifes and families should be their. There should be a icon for "Held '...' for first time"

Well I've finished my "WANTED" list for the sims 2
:love2: Vicky xxx

I agree with the dictionary:
Girls Before Guys
Partying before studying
Friends before love..
SashaSplat

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2006, 06:20:48 am »

I agree with most of the points made here. What I'd like to see is more ways for the Sims to die. For example, per say, a Sim had been shot or stabbed to death. Not that I'd wish that upon anyone but It'd make for excellent storylines. Concerning the Sim's deaths, wouldn't it be more realistic if the expired Sim wouldn't turn into a tombstone or urn, depending on where they had died. I'd like to see the deceased Sims get a proper burial, a public cemetary would be nice. Another option would be cremation of the dead Sims. The angry teens can still throw their urns. ;]

More BodyShop options would be nice. As pleased as I am with what I've been able to do thanks to BodyShop I can't even begin to imagine what could come in the future. Genetics, another issue at hand. Couldn't the genetics be more realistic? The Maxis skin is so blah, the hair looks fake and the clothes I wouldn't be caught dead in. Hire people with taste to design this stuff. Note; the eyes look like they have cataracts. Thank God for custom content makers. :]

Concerning the aging process of the Sims, I'd like for there to be more than six life stages. Even though we are spoiled by what we have at hand now, I'd like to see Maxis expand on their technology and soar to new heights. I'd like the aging to go like this; {note- each day is 24 Sim hours/24 minutes real time and each year of a Sims life would amount to 12 Sim days}
* Baby (0-1)[1]
*Toddler (to 3)  [2]
* Young Child (to 6) [3]
* Older Child (to 10) [4]
* Pre-teen (to 12) [2]
* Young Teen ( 13-15 )[3]
* Older Teen  (16-18) [3]
* Young Adult  (19-24) [6]
* Adult (25-40) [15]
* Older Adult (45-55) [10]
* Middle Aged (55-70) [15]
* Elderly (70+)

Note; The aging of the Sims would be gradual, of course with Birthdays but do we need them to jump in the air and grow up. Maybe if it was just in a snap?!?

Different height ranges would be appreciated:

[1] 4'11 - 5'1
[2] 5'2 - 5'4
[3] 5'5 - 5'7
[4] 5'8 - 5'10
[5] 5'11 - 6'1
[6] 6'2 - 6'4
[7] 6'5 - 6'7
[8] 6'8 - 6'11

Different body types would be nice too: most of us are not built like Barbie and Ken, some of us are naturally slender and some larger. Why the cookie cutter people? Why don't the women have curves?

Here are more ideas that I don't know how to categorize:
[a] hair grows; men would need to shave, women shave legs, Sims cut their hair too.
karaoke singing; I miss it from the TS1 days. I miss the good old times going downtown and wreacking havoc with my Sim's unfortunate lack of singing talent
[c] the genie in the bottle; God I miss that guy
[d] more spontaneous deaths; examples being, a bomb dropping from the sky and leaving nothing but a crater and ashen dust where your Sim's house used to be.
[e] flooding and flood damage to furniture.
[f] fires having potential to burn down the house.
[g] weather, I am aware we are getting it in an EP. However it would be nice to have some days really hot like the dog days of summer and some are dreary and overcast and sometimes the weather can affect the mood of the Sims. How about heavy rainfall? I am not sure if some video cards can handle that however.
[h] Sims having unique speaking voices and even accents? British, Ugandan, Japanese, German, Russian, to name a few. Accents are cool and I want individuality, remember no more cookie cutter society.
Mayor of the city; mayor lives in mayor's mansion and administrates the city.
[j] follow the Sims to work (optional) say your Sim is on the police force? How fun would it be to follow the Sim to work and see a day on the field.
[k] more detail and attention to the smaller and trivial things, yet some would appreciate. The cracked eggs when concocting a delicious pastry? Pasta sauce spilt down the shirt? Burning fingers on trays.
[l] more television channels, one Science Channel, one for History, one for News, one for Music, and the list goes on...
[m] real threat of terrorists or supervillains and not so friendly alien invasions.
[n] Sims being able to move their own furniture.
  • Going to the supermarket and picking up groceries individually, and they will have more realistic prices. When a Sim chooses something from the refrigerator, the screen will pause and allow the user to choose which food the Sim wishes to take out of the refrigerator and eat/cook/whatever. Food spoiling and freezerburn would be realistic too.[/FONT]
    [p] Making it easy to place furniture on 45 degree angles without going into cheat mode.
    [q] whilst handling money the Sim actually holds a cash currency instead of the little ching sound. Sims can count how much money they have, they can invest it (even have a credit card and write checks) Sims have wallets, Sims give their kids lunch money. Money is important.
    [r] No blue peepee puddles on the floor anymore. It's supposed to be yellow and hello people in real life do not assume mops out of nowhere to clean up their messes?
    Female Sims get their periods.
    [t] Sim parents can read to their children by their beds and even sing them to sleep.
    Getting dressed and changed should be more realistic, yeah we wish we can jump and twirl in the air and voila, presto! We are in a new outfit. Why not have the Sim pick out what they want to wear by examining what they have in the closet, drawer, or floor that they want. The game would pause like it would for the refrigetor and the Sim dresses, pulling shirts over heads, zipping up jeans et.
    [v] brushing teeth.
    [w] The fur carpets from TS1 where the Sims would be able to lay on and cuddle with another Sim or chat simply.
    • Burglars actually break into windows (if they are not locked) side-note, there should be more window interactions like clean, lock, unlock etc.[/FONT]
      [y] Campfires (but the Sims would actually build them) I miss putting campfires in the middle of living rooms on top of carpets and watching the Sims burn.
      [z] Sims can move with all their furniture and inventory when moving to another lot, and the different cities should be interconnected somehow. Maybe a president of the Sim world on the game? There would be a capital city, suburbs, ghettos, rich neighborhoods and in each different city or setting it is different reflecting different cultures and traditions. Such as ghetto=urban gangster, uptown=pristine and cultured, etc.

It would be nice for a Sim to go to a neighbor's house by foot or car and actually follow the Sim there. The same for shopping and going to town or the city. The Sims can go anywhere they want. There can even be top secret government buildings, pawn shops, hair salons and barber shops, etc. Sims can try on neckelaces and stuff before they but it and they can buy CDs and preview them with headphones. Going to the movies is another thing, and we follow them to it and all as they buy tickets, popcorn etc. Etc etc etc. :d

Vacation, all I ever wanted, yeah. Bring back vacations, either a Carribean island, a Siberian tundra, a Brazilian rainforest, an old city in Europe, high in the Alps, how about globalization and the Sims living in different countries? Of course all will speak in Simlish but with different accents. There can be Sims versions of the countries, as much as they can put in there. Long-distance phone calls'd be cool and traveling overseas and all. Maybe even moon plantations? Sims would be able to interract with everyone.

Now I am a genius am I not?

[signature]                        [/signature][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
~Iris~

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2006, 02:29:16 pm »

I'd really like to see another Makin' Magic type pack *hides from flying debris*.  I mean, what the heck?  How far off from that is maxis with the werewolves, zombies, vampires, aliens and potions in the game already?

I'd also like to see something similar to the console game's approach when it comes to cooking.  Give them ingredients, let them make different meals on their own instead of handing them a plate of something.

I can grow eggs, steaks, fish and books...but I can't make V8?

My custom sim is Egyptian royalty...the Adventure said so!
SashaSplat

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2006, 02:49:56 pm »

Quote from: ~Iris~;441291
I'd really like to see another Makin' Magic type pack *hides from flying debris*. I mean, what the heck? How far off from that is maxis with the werewolves, zombies, vampires, aliens and potions in the game already?

I'd also like to see something similar to the console game's approach when it comes to cooking. Give them ingredients, let them make different meals on their own instead of handing them a plate of something.

You're not the only one. I personally would like to see a TS2 Makin' Magic like pack too. I'm keen on making a Harry Potter universe story on my game and a pack like this would be beneficial. I'd love to have wands, cauldrons, flying broomsticks and potions. Hypnosis, mind-control, casting spells, some not so pleasant at an opponent. Going to a magic school. I know that Maxis wouldn't be able to take anything directly from the Harry Potter series but maybe something generalized? Just enough to get the feel of it.
                                                                                  ^  ^
How I'd love to turn my sister into a pile of steaming slugs. =(^_^)=

[signature]                        [/signature][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
jjsmith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2006, 08:33:47 am »

curses, love potions, and wands... hooray!!! Cheesy

The AA needs you
don't take life too seriously. you never get out of it alive :tongue5:http://iratebermy.tripod.com/
ganymede30324

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2006, 10:07:55 am »

Definitely miss the crafting/gifting from Sims 1. And probably just because I was irritated at Sim kids jumping on beds, and dogs digging holes, I'd love to have an adult be able to discourage bad behavior and not immediately repair the situation by telling a joke or playing fetch. Annoying and unrealistic. :roll:

Dutchdude

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2006, 10:23:40 am »

Hi everyone, here are some of my idea’s I have that I think should be added.
After playing the Sims for a while I think maxis should focus more on social action in the family.
Here I have some suggestions that would make the game more fun.

Talk about the kids: The parents could sit and talk about one or all their children.

Talk in bed:  They just lie down under the sheets and talk to each other.

Give a sim a breakfast in bed:
Both Sims sleep, you wake up one sim and click on the 'give Breakfast in bed', option on the bed.
That sim goes to the kitchen to prepare the breakfast, and then brings it to his/her partner.
Wakes up the other sim, then they both have a nice breakfast in bed.

Romantic dinner at home or on a community lot.
At home you click on the fridge or stove an select ‘prepare romantic dinner for...’
the sim prepares the table, puts candles and flowers on the table then starts to cook.
After dinner is set he/she gets the other sim and they have a romantic dinner.

Support another sim:
I always wondered why this was lacking in the game lol.
When a sim dies, other from the family get very upset and sad.
I think it should be possible for another sim to give support to that sim.
Family Sims should be able to hold each other and while crying and give each other
support.

Sims should also be able to make an urgent call to a close friend.
The friend should come and hug and support the sim with his/her loss.
They could add wants for this, so when a sim is sad they should show up.
A want for getting support and comfort and one for giving support and comfort.

I’m also thinking about sim kids and teens with bad grades,
they should be getting comfort or support from their parents.
Like the parent or friend walks to the sim and talks to that sim about their bad grades.
This could also be done for sims that lost their job.

As last I wanted to suggest that all sims age kid and up,
should be aware when a sim in their household is pregnant.
Then it should be possible for a sim to prepare food for pregnant sim.
Sims should be able to talk to the pregnant sim about the baby or congratulate the sims with their pregnancy.

Just a view of my idea's that I think would make the Sims more fun to play. Wink
Pffff this got longer then I thought lol.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 06:45:42 pm by Dutchdude » Logged

My selfsim can be found here: My Self Sim
My sims 2 creations can also be found here www.mygame-pages.com
Rayea

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2006, 04:20:04 pm »

hm..well there is TONES of harry potter stuff at mts2......(yeah, ok, your saying ya want the OWNER of the game tomake stuff but, i cant see them managing that specifically,..magic, sure but not HP stuff, since they would get into an argument with JK lol)

i would like to see kids be able to make breakfast and dinner from the fridge without hacks...(yeah, ok, not cooking, but come ON, peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches with a blunt knife are safe for kidies....as is cerial..i know real kids spill and squish stuff but...)

enable those that *choose* to be um, more mature ect, to have their game more adult..i dont mean totaly graphic, but hey, people make out and more on the couch, in the bath, in showers ect, its not just cars/beds/hotubs and lifts....just ask when installing the game...'Do you want to install the family-friendly edition, or the Adults Enabled Package?'

family friendly being..no dead pets/kids/no nekkid, no fights, no jelousy maybe..lol
Adult being, you choose what you want..if you just want teens to be able to live alone, elders and child/teen to be able to live together without havign to make a set of pearants in game and offing em, then you just tick the box that says, Tenn/child do not need a pearant, only a relative in the house.

also, to be able to select stuff like...
no townies.....no jelousy....sims need only to get to friend, then flirt to acept whoo-who....(i want that for my romance sims, they can be too much work lol)i would like em to be able to select or toggle on/off stuff like that, and whetehr or not you bring friends home from work/school, since some folks (me included sometimes) have trouble with large lots and more than 4 sims on them, and them both grups bring home workmates >.<

ooh, and a special tool for story makers, so that, instead of making a whole load of sims and then having to go in game to kill them off, you can generate them, then hit the storytellr mode and have them be ex-sims from the start....perhaps a whole dofferent create-a-sim section, called Create-a-StorySim, and you creat them, write their info or even events n their lives and then choose to ether make them a dead sim or a dead-with-ghost sims lol....
(i need that for my gothy and horror hoods, i just have trouble killing sims, i cant even drown a ruddy kowalsky (stargate reference) lol)
Bev in NY

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2006, 03:56:46 pm »

I really like this idea of more stages to aging..
* Baby (0-1)[1]
*Toddler (to 3) [2]
* Young Child (to 6) [3]
* Older Child (to 10) [4]
* Pre-teen (to 12) [2]
* Young Teen ( 13-15 )[3]
* Older Teen (16-1 [3]
* Young Adult (19-24) [6]
* Adult (25-40) [15]
* Older Adult (45-55) [10]
* Middle Aged (55-70) [15]
* Elderly (70+)
i want to beable to take the babies and toddlers to community lots and push them in strollers ect. when neighbors visit they bring them also....
more interactions with babies...children can hold them and toddlers can interact together....
how about they can jump rope, ride bikes, have rollerskating rinks,have games like monopoly the whole family can play.the list goes on and on....

BEV
texaschic1531

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2006, 06:12:03 pm »

i totally agree bev.

i like that pregnant sims should have to tell the spouse/boyfriend/whatever that she is pregnant.

Check out my story, The Sisters Grim!
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=34781
xliikewoahx31

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2006, 06:24:03 pm »

oooh that'd be really great, and i want to have sims be able to sit on stairs like if theyre upset and stormed and sat down the stairs and other sim could sit the stairs with other sim and comfort him/her

[After Highschool Life]
          JOIN! =]
jjsmith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2006, 06:25:04 pm »

looooove it!

The AA needs you
don't take life too seriously. you never get out of it alive :tongue5:http://iratebermy.tripod.com/
Poppenhuis

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 30, 2006, 12:19:00 pm »

What I want most is being able to take your baby's and toddlers in strollers and stuff like that.
And the storytelling/singing a song at bed is awesome.
And going to the church on sunday. (as in, you click on the phone, select 'call church' and then select either 'stop being a churchgoer ', 'start being a churchgoer'.) And if thats the used method, you should be able to select what you want as your default, and maybe even not making Romance sims able to be a churchgoer, because their lifewish just doesn't fit into the church. And teen and above have to choose by themselves, baby's, toddlers and childs go to church if one or both of the parents do so. And baby's and toddlers come along, because we would also have strollers, and there are 'babysitters' at the church.
And what I really want, is being able to call a babysitter, and let that sim actually be a teen instead of some old lady. And both genders please.
I mean, how many people are there that have old ladies as babysitter, instead of some nice energetic teen? And since when aren't there any males that love kids. Tssh. Tongue
And jup, I really want more interactions with baby's and toddlers, and a bit more with kids too. And I want them to be able to interact with each other, the kids I babysit are extremely proud of their baby brother/sister, and love holding, hugging and kissing them.
But, the strollers are really the highest on my list, I'd never leave my baby with some old lady, just because I was out buying groceries.

Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.
Poppenhuis

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2006, 01:23:38 pm »

Oh, and what I forgot to say, someone here was complaining about not being able to choose if your sims bring someone home from work/school.
There are mods available that do that, the one for after work is located here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1239.0
And you can find the one for after school here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=135090http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1239.0
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 01:27:37 pm by Poppenhuis » Logged

Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
  Print  

Jump to: