Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 05:49:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game crashing  (Read 2539 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ferdrya747

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2007, 06:37:48 pm »

I have a problem with my game. It keeps crashing at the loading screen (after the EA Games and maxis screens and after the slide show thing). It started crashing after I had just downloaded a bunch of mods/hacks so i deleted them. It still crashed. So I moved everything I had in my downloads folder (except for the stuff that's being used in game so it shouldn't be a problem) luckily there wasn't much because I only got the computer 2 days ago. Still crashed. I have deleted the groups.cache file everytime. I have the base game, uni and nightlife. PLEASE HELP! Thanks in advance.

New account --> 2*B~Weird
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 07:20:05 pm »

Check the SavedSims folder also.  If you have anything there, take it out.
Ferdrya747

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 07:22:15 pm »

The SavedSims folder is empty. Thank you anyway ancienthighway. Anyone else have suggestions or help? I was so looking forward to playing lots of Sims on my new computer.

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 08:25:52 pm »

Have you downloaded any object meshes or food files recently?  Try moving those out of the folder, too.  

I'm having a similar situation with the game closing down mid-loading... only this time it appears that Seasons wants to break every other item I put in my Downloads folder... mainly my custom plants, foods, and maybe a mesh or two.  Can't seem to figure out why, when they were working perfectly fine before.  :dontknow:

Ferdrya747

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 08:04:08 pm »

I removed everything from my files except the ones being used. Could those files be corrupt then? Will I need to re-start my game? If so, it doesn't really matter because i only have about 5 hours of gameplay in there so far on my new computer. Thank you anyway TenshiiAkari12.

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 08:16:46 pm »

It's a possibility... sometimes the game does that to certain files, regardless of EPs.  The best thing to do is to move those files out, even if they are in use, then test them either in small groups or individually.  It's a big pain... trust me, I'm still trying to find the one download (or maybe more than what I think it is) that broke recently...

Ferdrya747

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 01:07:39 pm »

Thank you very much TenshiiAkari12. I will remove everything and get right to work on testing. I'll report back if/when I find the problem.

EDIT: I just removed absolutely everything from my Downloads folder and deleted the groups.cache file. I tried loading the game. Still crashed. What's the problem? Is there something else I still need to do?

2nd EDIT: When I removed the files from the Downloads folder, I kept them in a Backup Folder in my Sims 2 folder. I moved the Backup Folder out of the Sims 2 folder and it loaded. I'm now assuming it's a corrupted file or bad download if removing the files from the Sims 2 folder altogether allowed the game to load. Now I'll gradually add them beck in to see which file(s) are causing the problem. Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 01:31:17 pm by Ferdrya747 » Logged

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 02:22:36 pm »

If you want to have a backup folder for your downloads, keep it out of the sims 2 folder.  The game will read all .package files it finds in the sims 2 folder, with the exception of projects I believe, and try to use them.
Ferdrya747

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 03:49:33 pm »

Well, I found the problem and removed it. Just played about 2 hours. Ran perfectly fine. Thank you both very much. The thread can be closed now. Thanks again.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: