Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:07:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Songs that drive you crazy..  (Read 43684 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Lacey Ann

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2009, 09:03:31 pm »

I hate when people ruin songs that used to be perfect...A prime example is "reach out and touch me" by hilary duff...not only is this talentless cow ripping off the wonderful Depeche Mode's song Personal Jesus, but she couldnt even be bothered to rip it off properly and ends up making an idiot out of herself by singing the wrong lyrics. It isnt "Reach out and touch me", it is infact sang as "Reach out and touch faith".

Surely you jest.
That is wrong in every sense of the word, and the fact that she can't even get the lyrics right is just pathetic.
On a related note, have you heard the cover of Personal Jesus done by Johnny Cash?  It is amazing.
This is an example of a good cover:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQcNiD0Z3MU

Well are some songs that drive me up the wall:
-Afternoon Delight by the Starland Vocal Band.  Although I love the version on Anchorman.
-You're Beautiful by James Blunt.  Could that man sound any more whiny?
-Crank Dat Soulja Boy or whatever.  It makes me want to commit violent acts on some poor innocent bystander.
-We Built This City (On Rock and Roll) by Jefferson Starship
-Achy Breaky Heart by Billy Ray Cyrus.  His spawn isn't that much better either.
-Anything by Fergie, Jonas Brothers, and all of the other flash in the pan sensations that have been forced violently upon an unsuspecting populace.

I would rather hear Raffi's Banana Phone ad nauseum for the rest of my life than listen to any of those songs.  Actually I have Banana Phone as one of my ringtones that plays whenever my dad calls me.
At least that song makes me laugh.

" I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it."
Mitch Hedberg
soulofthesea
Composer/Sound Engineer in Training

Axe 'em Jacks!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2009, 12:43:34 am »

1."All I Wanna Do Is Make Love to You"-Heart. dont get me wrong i love Heart, but i absolutely cant stand this song! angry
2.Celine Dion's cover of "Alone" by Heart. im sorry Celine Dion fans, but Celine can't sing crap on this song compared to Ann Wilson
3.just about anything by Miley Cyrus and The Jonas Brothers. expensive studio magic + 100% "hot looks" + 0% talent = pure pop crap
4.any rap song, especially "Soulja Boy" and "Ice Ice Baby", except for "Walk This Way" by Run DMC. face it, most rappers are just dumb, common criminals and ghetto people/wanna-bes. not tryin to be racist, but its the truth
5.99.9% of today's "music". this 99.9% is not music and most of these "musicians" are just lousy and  talentless people who think they can sing, but in reality, they're just starting the downfall of their career
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 10:52:55 pm by soulofthesea » Logged

What goes on in the Band Room either stays in the Band Room, or goes on Youtube!

I am here
freshsfs2003

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2009, 11:56:17 pm »

4.any rap song, especially "Soulja Boy" and "Ice Ice Baby", except for "Walk This Way" by Run DMC. face it, most rappers are just dumb, common criminals and ghetto people/wanna-bes. not tryin to be racist, but its the truth

"Not tryin to be racist?" Try spelling correctly before you call anyone dumb. Music is what it is and you do not have to like. I am sure their feeling will not be hurt if you do not buy their albums. Secondly, there are many rappers out there who have multimillion dollar operations and are smarter than you and me. I am also positive that there are many pop singers with 8th grade educations in this world so maybe you could try being a lot less of a racist and get over yourself.

The American ideal, after all, is that everyone should be as much alike as possible.  James Baldwin
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2009, 01:44:41 pm »

Everyone has an opinion. Now, whether or not it should be stated is another matter. YOU don't need to get on anyone for their typing skills or lack thereof. You got on them for what you perceive as their lack of racial tolerance and I am going to get on YOU for what I see as your lack of tolerance for their typing skills. Not everyone can bang on the keys with 100% accuracy and for you to call them out on something that doesn't matter strikes of intellectual elitism, which we don't especially care for, either. Have a nice day, Sunshine.

Personally, I dislike what Rap has become since the early days of the genre. Having heard some of the new stuff, the only thing that came across was violence and degradation. That kind of crap doesn't come into my house. This place is my refuge from the crap that goes on outside of my doors, and I'm not inviting stuff in that ruins that peace of mind. Music can be a powerful motivational tool for good or ill. I tend to go for the good and leave the stuff I dislike behind. I'm sure you are the same.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2009, 02:37:16 pm »

First, I have to say I am one of the crazies who still likes Rihanna's "Umbrella" even though Rihanna or pop music is not really my thing. I prefer it without Jay-Z, though. I am also one of the crazies that despite how badly overplayed "You're Beautiful" is, I am a major James Blunt fan. LOL. Kick me in the behind if you must.  tongue

I cannot stand anything by Avril Lavigne. It makes me want to go on a massacre.

Also ... Nickelback. *Cringe.*

And I agree with Paden, as much as I love Madagascar, the "Move It" song is highly annoying. And anything by the Wiggles.

Edit, I forgot a most important one: Leona Lewis "Bleeding Love" I have no problem with the song. I have a problem with Leona Lewis stealing other peoples songs and butchering them. Ryan Tedder should've been the one to sing this, but at least there was a Jesse McCartney version. Leona needs to either massacre her own songs or go away.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 02:50:31 pm by Naria » Logged

My other ride is a chocobo.
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2009, 08:57:15 pm »

I can't stand hardly anything emo (especially the junk from MCR and PATD). I hate how they squeal and scream and crap in their songs. Also anything by Fergie. But the one song that really does irritate me is that "I get knocked down" song, and "I kissed a girl" from Katy Perry. At first it was only mildly amusing, if at all, now I want to choke people for singing it all the time.

I like rap, but I don't like hiphop too much (there is a difference).

Hmmm, what else...Any of the dumb Disney 'artist', Miley Cyrus, The Jonas Dorks, Ashley Tisdale, etc. Someone already said Taylor Swift, but I hate her music too. And even hearing the name "Beyonce" makes me feel like shooting someone right in the knees. Who ever told this showboating broad that she was any good at anything, her and Celine Dion!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 09:02:43 pm by SenkoTwiik » Logged

Let He who is without sin...kick the first arse.

My Girls: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108744.0.html
My site: http://voodoonightmares.freeforums.org/
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2009, 05:20:49 am »

Barbie Girl, by Aqua. I...

...that song just drives me nuts every time I hear it, and then it stays in my head for days afterwards.

Anything Disney has the same effect on me as well. I can't even understand how people can stand that manufactured drivel.

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2009, 03:45:11 am »

Barbie Girl, by Aqua. I...

...that song just drives me nuts every time I hear it, and then it stays in my head for days afterwards.
*sings Barbie Girl* to Jenna Tongue

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Sara C.

difficult to see you in this light

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2009, 05:33:10 am »

Who - Five O'Clock Heroes feat. Agyness Deyn

Forget her, she's a predator posing as a house pet.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2009, 01:19:29 am »

Bismarckie's  "oh baby you got what I need" (and who care's if I didnt spell it right)... lord I wanted to know why I wasnt famous when that song was playing.   OMG!!! 

oh and shoot whoever made the wheels on the bus... Evil

Sims by Dasi:

AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2009, 12:57:04 pm »

Pretty much anything rap or country.
I hate hate hate that song "Our Song"

My Sims don't need to know it's not 2008 anymore.
chilislavecutie

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2009, 11:28:57 pm »

Hmmm... I have a LONG list of songs that annoy me.

-Anything by Nickelback. I just hate Chad Kroeger's (spelling?) voice. And their songs get overplayed so much on the radio, which is why I stick to my MP3 player.
-Anything by Daughtry, or any American Idol winner for that matter.
-RAP= retards attempting poetry
-That "Amadaeus" song
-BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY. my god. I can't listen to it in it's entirety because I will eventually have to punch someone.
-Katy Perry should just...drop off the face of the earth. EVERYONE is now a lesbian because of her.
-Gym Class Heroes cover of "Breakfast in America" by Supertramp. I think that's what the original is called.
-"Irreplaceable" and "Single Ladies" by Beyonce. Or Anything by her really...
-My Chemical Romance and all other bands like them
-Miley and the Jonas kids. Gah.

Should probably stop here before I write a novel!

"You hold the answers deep within your own mind.
Consciously, you've forgotten it.
That's the way the human mind works.
Whenever something is too unpleasant, too shameful for us
to entertain, we reject it.
We erase it from our memories.
But the imprint is always there."
Cantaloupe

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2009, 04:12:57 pm »

I hate that Coldplay piece of it "Viva la Vida" can't believe it won best song, what a crock.  The music video is bad too.  Chris Martin acts like he's having a seizure in it while pretentious Lexus car commercial music plays in the background.  Explode   GAH3

I hate a lot of the crap you guys have mentioned too... Avril Lavigne, Nickelback, MCR, Rihanna... different genres, different sound, different audience, same crap.
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2009, 04:17:19 pm »

Beyonce "Single Ladies." And the video scares me. LOL.

Also, the new U2 song. It actually pains me to say that.

My other ride is a chocobo.
DraculaBiscuits

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2009, 09:39:56 pm »

anything by Lady Gaga, i especially hate the song " poker face' its so annoying and stupid. Also Beyonce's songs ' if i were a boy' and 'single ladies'

My DeviantArt album<br />http://decomposedrose.deviantart.com/<br /><br />come see my simmies here!!<br /><br />http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=9
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: