Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 06:50:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A couple problems  (Read 1681 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2007, 05:41:55 pm »

1. Make-over issues
In-game, when I give a sim a make-over sometimes their face will disappear from the icon on the left of the screen and the toolbar down at the bottom with their motives/wants/etc. in it.  It doesn't happen all the time and I can make it go away if I change something with the sim (usually hair or make-up) but it usually takes a few tries to find just what went wrong.
But the problem is that it isn't always from the same category.  Meaning it isn't just a hair or just a make-up that's making them do this.  And sometimes it's not even what I changed in the first place.

Is this just some kind of conflict between two items/one item and the game?  And is there anything I can do about it besides try to figure out what's doing it to which sim?

2. Another make-over:
Final, I promise.
I really think this is just because of my custom content but I want someone to back it up with a yes or no.
I usually only have my graphics on High everything when picture taking, but sometimes while I do have them set that high strange things happen to my sims after I give them a make-over.

I've had it where their faces become like TV static, colour-static, big blotches of whatever colour is supposed to be, only their face is suddenly shown as Maxis skin and eyes and make-up (but not hair), had them take on the face of a nearby sim, even had this exremely strange thing where the difference in how far you are away from the sim can change their eyes.

It sometimes goes away after I go change the graphics settings to medium then click No to keeping the changes, but other times it just switched to another problem.

Three pictures are attached to show two of these problems.
1&2 the Eye-thing.  It's a very slight change in this one, but if you look close enough you can see in one picture the sim has blue eyes and in another he has brown.
3 - One of the many face-re-arrangement issues.

EDIT: I'm just going to try re-installing and seeing if that helps my other problems.  But if anyone has an idea about the above two it would be majourly appreciated.

*attached image removed*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:40:34 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

My Sims don't need to know it's not 2008 anymore.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: