Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 07:40:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: recurring error messages  (Read 5495 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Beaucat001

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2007, 03:20:36 pm »

I keep getting a couple of error messages, hope someone can advise me on how to clear them up.

I have all the expansion packs, including Seasons and Celebration.

One of the error messages says "Object Error." The readout says "An error occurred in object 'JobData - Adult - Athletics', and then it gives a number. This error with JobData-Adult-Athletics occurs every time I load a lot. It happens three times before each lot loads, and when I've hit delete for the third time, the Object Error message stops and the lot loads. Doesn't matter whether it's a residential or community lot. And as I said, it's always Adult Athletics. The numbers will be in ascending order, like, "... Adult-Athletics #411," (for example) then, same thing, "#510," then "609" or whatever.

The second recurring Object Error is "Too many iterations" and it seems to be happening more and more frequently.

Would appreciate any comments. Thanks very much.
veash

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 05:25:42 pm »

I've had the "too many iterations" bug a few times.  It's usually triggered by an infected sim attempting to enter the lot.  The bug itself is usually caused by having too many sims in your neighborhood, or by having a sim with too many memories.  The longer you play a specific neighborhood, the more the memories will just keep building up as sims interact with each other.  I've been able to fix the problem sometimes by pausing the game after the first error message, and using the teleporter shrub (by Inge I think) to move the infected sim on to that lot.  By making them playable, sometimes it stops the problem, but it's hit and miss.  The only other thing I know of to stop this is to use SimPe to clean up your Sims' memories once in awhile.  http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=17942

You can also go into MyDocuments/EAGames/TheSims2 and delete your groups.cache file, cigen.package, and accessory.cache.  These get corrupted easily and are regenerated when you start the game again.

And for the JobData error, I can only guess.  You should start by running the Sims2 Hack Conflict Detection Utility.   http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=13633   Have you downloaded any custom careers?  You may have a mod that thinks it's a custom career too.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 05:31:31 pm by veash » Logged
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 05:55:30 pm »

Custom careers and food mods are notorious for borking EPs released after the career or food was made.  If you have any of those, I'd take a close look at those first.
Beaucat001

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 01:54:17 pm »

Thanks for those responses. Veash, I tried dumping the groups.cache, cigen.package and accessory.cache, but the iterations error continued.

I'll try the SimPE method, but it'll take me a while to go through and understand the tutorial, I'm a bit slow when it comes to tech stuff.

Ancienthighway, can you suggest a quick way to take a close look at custom careers/food mods? I downloaded one or two of those some time ago, but don't really use them and wouldn't miss them if they were removed.

Thanks again.
Carinthe

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 02:43:00 pm »

To me it looks like you have "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" enabled, or some program that does that for you.
Try going into a test lot and type "boolprop testingcheatsenabled false" in the cheat window. Than try playtesting that lot for a while, see if  the problem stops. If it stops, you should be able to play the other lots from than on. The boolprop testingcheatsenabled should never be enabled all the time. It conflicts with actual gameplay.
veash

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 02:46:11 pm »

Here's a few programs that'll help you sort out your Sims 2 downloads folder and help you find out what's what in there:

Delphy's Download Organiser:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=227925

And the Sims2 Cleanpack Installer:  
http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/

They take some getting used to, but once you've used them, you'll never want to be without them again.
Beaucat001

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 01:32:30 pm »

Thanks again to everybody for the responses.

Carinthe, I'm pretty sure I haven't enabled the boolprop you mentioned, but I tried your suggestion briefly on one lot and didn't get the iteration error. But I didn't try it long. Will let you know what happens during longer play. Thanks for your help.

Yeash, I downloaded the stuff you recommended and will give it a shot. I ran the Cleanpack Installer and saw some files highlighted in red, and a few others in pink. I assume these are troublesome files. I'm still trying to figure out how to delete them, however. Will look for a tutorial.

Thanks again.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 02:51:47 pm »

Pinks are duplicate files, while Reds are your mods/hacks.  :angel:

Which mods have you downloaded?  I've had this happen before, and I found out it was being caused by a hack I had that made elders sleep all night.  Not sure if it's the same in your case, though.  Wink

Beaucat001

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2007, 07:05:10 am »

Update: Ran Cleanpack Installer and removed or disabled most of the items that were highlighted in red. Also removed all of those that were highlighted in pink.

Still having the same problems with the Athletics Career error message before each lot loads and the Iterations error. Have not tried emptying Sims memories, from what I've read about that it's a risky operation and since I'm not a tech whiz I'm afraid of really screwing things up by doing something wrong. Can this memory dump be done with minimal risk?

Thanks again.
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2007, 11:28:33 am »

you removed the custom careers you have? I had this type of problem and it was a custom career causing the problem. It would be a career probably similar to the athletic career, if you have one like that...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: