Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 04:21:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Default help pease? =]  (Read 1491 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
JennyLynn

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2007, 09:30:14 am »

Ok, if this is allowed here (if not, let me know) I'm thinking of downloading default replacement skintones for my sims and I've seen in most of the downloading readings, that you have to remove the ones already in your folder. I'm now sure what that means or what folder. So, if someone could help me out a little here, I would be very grateful. =]

~Jenny~

"I can hand out a million vaccinations
Or let'em all die in exasperation
Have'em all grilled leavin lacerations
Have'em all killed by assassination"
-"Handlebars" by The Flobots
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 10:19:30 am »

Do you have custom default replacements in use already? If not, and you have the Maxis defaults still in use, then you don't have to worry about about it. What that means is if you have a set of custom default replacements skins in your Downloads folder, you can't download a second set of custom default skins and use them without removing the first one first. The two will end up conflicting and you'll get weird stuff happening to your sims.

I've made a subfolder in my Downloads folder for all of my default replacements so I can easily find them if I need to remove one in favour of another.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 10:30:12 am »

Side note, has nothing to do really with your question but Amun-ra also made awesome default Maxis replacement eyes, I am using them and loving them, there are a few different versions available though but here is a direct link to one of the set he made that I am personally using:   Eye's 9.0 [Default Texture Replacements]
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 10:32:55 am by MissDoh » Logged
JennyLynn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 10:36:53 am »

thnx guys, this was a big help!! ^.^ And I don't hav defaults now, but soon I will!! =]]

"I can hand out a million vaccinations
Or let'em all die in exasperation
Have'em all grilled leavin lacerations
Have'em all killed by assassination"
-"Handlebars" by The Flobots
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: