Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 05:44:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Loading Issue! Plz HELp.  (Read 1800 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Diva1108

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2007, 08:41:33 pm »

I'n having some issue with loading my sims 2 game. It loads half way and just stops now. I recently downloaded some of Squinge's hacks and took out all the hacks beside those to see if they were conflicting with his. Could it be that I have tooo much custum content that preventing my game from loading?
oniongirl999

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 11:16:18 pm »

I had a similar problem recently and have been trying to determine the cause (I even posted the question here but all the suggestions were for things I'd already done).  
The game runs fine when you move the downloads folder out of the Sims 2 file?  Everyone here will tell you that you may have downloaded something not compatible with your currently installed game, ie. EPs and SPs.  This does happen so it's sound advice but for those of us who have all EPs and SPs there must be something else wrong.  
I'd suggest downloading the hack conflict detection utility.  Even though Squinge makes/made quality hacks you still end up with a conflict if there are two hacks that effect the same setting.  Sometime's they're odd hacks that conflict with each other you would never expect but the HCCDU always knooooows.

My problem started this weekend and I had added no new hacks or hacked objects from Squinge or anyone else.  Game loaded fine without the downloads folder which was somewhere in the size of 12-14 gigs.  I am now playing the game with my folder size reduced to 9 gigs.  The .package files I removed were old, not new because I too thought I just had too much cc so I purged some stuff I'd never used in game.  Old, not new, meaning I removed things that the game had run fine with before.  To me this means it's not the fault of a new download.
You know about deleting the groups and accessory caches?  These are found directly in the Sims 2 folder where you directory for the downloads file is located.  These are files your game automatically creates if they are not present so you can safely delete them before you start the program.  For me, if I don't delete the groups cache, the game will not even attempt to begin loading, body shop too.  This issue (with the cache files), I believe, is related to the amount of custom content you have.  
I can't find anyone to corroborate, but I think if you have too much custom content the game takes so long to load it simply times out.  Since it's not a problem everyone has it might even be a ratio of cc/cpu processing speed.
If you don't mind sharing for my own curiosity, what is the current size of your downloads folder and what speed is your computer running at?  
I'm running at 1.81 ghz with 2gb of ram.
Serafina

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 11:17:08 pm »

Delete your cigen.package
It can be found in Mydocuments/ea games/thesims2 folder
Sometimes this can get corrupted and when you delete the game just recreates it and this might fix your problem

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I've never been the kind to ever let my feelings show
And I thought that bein' strong meant never losin' your self-control
But I'm just drunk enough to let go of my pain
To hell with my pride, let it fall like rain
From my eyes Tonight I wanna cry
[/COLOR]
Diva1108

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 11:34:55 pm »

okay thanks so much. I'll see if it works because I do have a lot of custom content in my game. Oniongirl im running at 1.83ghz and same amount of ram. BLEH, I really wanna fix this issue.
Diva1108

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 11:30:11 am »

i deleted the cache and removed 90 downloads but it only loads halfway still. Any other suggestions?
Serafina

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 12:47:03 pm »

There is a program at http://www.simwardrobe.com/ that may help if you are having a problem with any hacks you have downloaded.
You find it under sims 2 and the programs it is called the Sims 2 Hack Conflict Utility

It requires microsoft vb runtime to use http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...VBRun60sp4.exe

Run the scan with all your hacks in and see if it finds issues.
Also you need to make sure all the hacks you download are compatible with the verison of the game you are running.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I've never been the kind to ever let my feelings show
And I thought that bein' strong meant never losin' your self-control
But I'm just drunk enough to let go of my pain
To hell with my pride, let it fall like rain
From my eyes Tonight I wanna cry
[/COLOR]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: