Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:00:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: New bodies passed down genetically  (Read 20608 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
FlamingoKicker
« on: June 28, 2007, 07:01:19 pm »

I probably should have known this but I was pleasantly surprised when a sim I created using one of these enhanced bodies had a child and once it grew up into Young Adult and went off to college I noticed she had "inherited" the mom's physique.

Very nice!!  I was assuming the meshes would only apply to the sim I made in CAS but this is better because soon I'll have a city of all well endowed females putting the Maxis made sims to shame.   :-P
Mickey57

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 07:21:23 pm »

If the skintone you are using is linked to the body type meshes, the kids will inherit the traits of the parents, if only one parent is linked, they may or may not inherit the trait depending on which parent they take after.  I love this too, it makes my game more fun!

:worship:Big Daddy still got it goin' on!:worship:
Naima

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 08:15:38 pm »

I also love this! I have a bunch of Enayla skins linked to the different bodyshapes and I started my legacy with a Pixie Bronze fashion model and sure enough, the baby was a little girl who grew up to have the fashion model shape! She was my heiress and the child that inherits her body shape (if any) will be my next heir/heiress.

¤¤¤
1st Place MTB5 : Unity
2nd Place 7 Deadly Sims : Kimora[/SIZE]
RoofMonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 03:35:40 pm »

Body shape is determined by the skintone.  By default, all custom tones are dominant- if it's between a custom bodyshape and the Maxis default, the custom tone will show up more often.  This is not always true as shown in alien sims giving birth to regular skinned children.  Recessive genes and the skintone range play a role.
Default skintones (including default replacement sets) have been set to the Maxis default level- 90% for dark, 60% medium, 30% tan and 10% light.  The same is true for "genetic" skintones which have been set to (or somewhere in between) these levels.  The advantages to these types of skins are that your sims are not locked into one specific bodytype and children can have body types that neither parent (or grandparent) has  but with a similar skin color or blending of color (determined by skin tone range).  
On the flip side, if you are trying to ensure that a certain family has a specific body type, you are going to want to stay away from "genetic" skintones.  After a few generations of using the same skin tone, in theory, it should become both the dominant and recessive trait.
Hidden~Secret

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 04:48:36 pm »

wait so where can you find these skins?

If you waist time then you can't get that waisted time back no matter how hard you try.
(used to be ShiningStarSim)
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 08:28:19 pm »

Most of the skintones are found over at the adult site.  :google:  Sorry no direct links.

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
dobydog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 09:16:47 pm »

I hate being under 18. Sad

'No telephone calls today, all my friends gone away. When you're out of fashion it's a lonely price to pay.'
Oh Funny Man, Sex Gang Children
mizmudgie
Site Santa!

Yes...I bite.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 11:37:08 pm »

I used your teen C with Lg hip for one of my Sims (I am just beginning to explore different skin and shapes) and when she became a young adult her body vanished.  I didn't install all the different Hi Res adult files because of disk space. Which ones do I need for her or a teen D with Lg hips?

Also,  I want to complement you on the Classic pin-up shape, it is my favorite Maxis alternative to mix it up for the ladies in my community.  I hope to learn how to adapt more fashions for them in the future. Thanks again from a newbie for your work.

If you want respect...SHOW RESPECT!!
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 08:50:50 am »

The TeenD-Lg is linked to either the adult 34DD or 36DDD top and the 38 bottoms, so you'll need those meshes for the skintone to work properly, depending on which one you assigned to the sim.  The meshes themselves are really small, I would really recommend installing them all just to prevent this problem in the future... it's the outfits and skintones that take up all the disk space.

mizmudgie
Site Santa!

Yes...I bite.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2008, 02:41:09 am »

Is there a way to switch her to her mothers Pin-up shape?

Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2008, 09:22:51 am »

The Pin-up does not exist for the Teens, it uses the TeenC-Lg.

mizmudgie
Site Santa!

Yes...I bite.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2008, 05:51:52 pm »

She is at college, is young adult still on the teen body?

mizmudgie
Site Santa!

Yes...I bite.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2008, 05:52:28 pm »

And thanks for taking the time to help me!

Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2008, 07:44:26 pm »

Nope, the Young Adult age group uses the adult body, but uses a younger version of the face, possibly the teen but I'm not sure.  If she did not inherit the CP shape from her mother, than you would need to use some sort of hack to switch the skintone.

mizmudgie
Site Santa!

Yes...I bite.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2008, 03:56:35 am »

I am not sure...did I read something about using SimPE to do Sim editing?  

I haven't played her lately so I don't know if putting in the adult Hi-Res files cured her.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: