Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:34:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: *Update*Tongue and Piercings T/YA/A/E both genders  (Read 64018 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
wawayaya

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2007, 11:48:27 am »

Love ya!:worship:
RoofMonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2007, 04:26:17 pm »

This is fantastic!  Thank you. and thank you LadyMystique for coming up with it.  I couldn't wait to get my dirty little paws on it and play with it in bodyshop.
Made a couple alpha edits and gave one of them a test drive in Pleasantville.

It worked great until I switched lots and the sim with the tongue edit got off the school bus for an after school visit.  Then this happened-

It turned blue and would jump out of her mouth.
I couldn't have that.  I promptly tookl control of her and had her go to the nearest mirror where I unselected and reselected it.  That seemed to clear it up.

I know it's my fiddling around with it, but would you happen to know what might have caused it?
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2007, 08:20:20 pm »

Quote from: RoofMonkey;811659

I know it's my fiddling around with it, but would you happen to know what might have caused it?

Hi Roof

Its not your fiddling arround with it Wink
There are few things that cause the blue flashing with accesoires.
Im not sure if you had the first version of the tongue installed?
It seems like it, because the blue tongue looks like the old mesh, not the one you edited.
If you remove a accesoire/outfit or the mesh that it needs to work from the game you end up with the default maxis outfit(the red one) but with accesoires the game hasn't a replacement so it wil still look for the accesoire or mesh  wich isn't there, resulting in the blue flashing remains of the deleted accesoire/mesh.
As soon as you remove your not excisting accesoire at the mirror the problem is solved.
All peeps who had installed the earlier version of the tongue will have this in their game, unless they removed the tongue from the sim before they deleted the accesoire/mesh. but nobody does that...me neither.
If you now put on your new tongue(as it is a new mesh) everything will work fine.
But save your game Wink as it will appear again next time if you dont.
Normally i let a new mesh(or update) overwrite the older one but the name was to confusing to go with the other meshes(t/ya/a/e)
If this didn;t solve your problem or wasn't the case i would like to know, because you also got the blue flashing if the recolor cant find the textures, and this can be caused by me if i didn't make a correct setup of the files, but i hardly can imagine as bodyshop will give you a error that it cant generate the files.

But like GP said, you will always be able to fix it at the mirror.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 08:50:50 pm by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
RoofMonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2007, 06:25:42 pm »

It's not the mesh.  I double checked and confirmed that had removed them when I downloaded the updated file.
The good news is I didn't have any problems with it today.
That bad news is it seems to be effecting some earings from RoseSims2 today.  
I think it may be a housekeeping issue on my end.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2007, 07:32:20 pm »

Quote from: RoofMonkey;813139
It's not the mesh.  I double checked and confirmed that had removed them when I downloaded the updated file.
The good news is I didn't have any problems with it today.
That bad news is it seems to be effecting some earings from RoseSims2 today.  
I think it may be a housekeeping issue on my end.

Im still puzzled bout accesoires....
Like with the nipplerings it seems i only can have 14 accesoires in the glasses category.
If i put them all together in my downloadfolder i lose some, and if i fix the ones that dont show ill lose another set.
I have the feeling bodyshop generates a number based on already excisting accesoires.
If i make 10 accesoires they all get a kinda apparance number in the collectionfile of the 3D ID reference file, like 001 to 010 but the collectionnumber itself stay's the same.
If others make also accesoires based on the affacevampireteeth or the glasses like i did their bodyshop will do the same numbering and if i put those in my downloadfolder we end up with a conflict.
If probs keep comming up ill try to renumber my accesoires to a higher number like 10001 to 10010 orso.
But im not sure if thats the prob, i think there's a limit of 14 custom accesoires in that section.
How many accesoires you have in your glasses section?
And the earrings are also in that section?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 07:43:26 pm by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
RoofMonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2007, 08:51:44 pm »

I've got a ton of them.
I've got finger nails, necklaces, earings, piercings (body & facial), jackets, coats, flashlights, fire axes, guns, swords, belts, loin cloths, teeth, claws, an attache case, hand bags and purses...
oh, and glasses.

I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and do some serious weeding.
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2007, 05:01:30 am »

Great job! :icon_smi:
Chopperchic

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2007, 04:13:40 pm »

I have had the problem that Roof Monkey has with the tongue. I had to change it in the mirror it was an adult male sim. I had made his base form in body shop then added him from the sim bin in CAS in game.

Ok so I may sound like an idiot, but.
Is it weird to think that it is not a problem with the mesh as much as the game, the blue accessory thing happens with other accessories to me also.  I would suspect that or my video card or drivers more than a mesh and recolor. Only thing is that the other older accessories worked before recent added EPs and patches and on my old computer. I am running all EPS all patched. All the help files I read over at MTS2 about the issue says there isn’t anything to fix it.

I thought you would like to know this.  I will make sure that the file is updated and check it next time in my game. I was planning on looking around in my game this afternoon.

CC
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2007, 04:26:54 pm »

i explained earlier why you getting the blue flashes, its when you remove a mesh or recolor.
If it happens with clothing you get the maxis replacement, the red and creme outfit, but there isn;t a replacement for accesoires.
Thats why the game keeps searching for the mesh or the missing textures resulting in the blue flashing remains of the accesoire.
Your right about installing new EP's that cause the same problem, but after reinstalling or updating videodrivers the problem is easily solved.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 04:30:01 pm by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
Chopperchic

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2007, 06:23:36 pm »

Sorry still learning the game stuff. I read as much as I can and re read if I get confused. Well I got to thinking about maybe deleting the Acessory cache might help. Then re running the game. Ok Ill let ya know how it goes.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2007, 01:29:22 am »

Quote from: Chopperchic;819790
Sorry still learning the game stuff. I read as much as I can and re read if I get confused. Well I got to thinking about maybe deleting the Acessory cache might help. Then re running the game. Ok Ill let ya know how it goes.

You dont have to delete anything, because wat causing it is already gone Wink
Doesn't make any sense but it's true.
I you see a sim with blue flashings thingy's arround him/her just take control, walk to a mirror, take off any accesoires, exit mirror.
Then choose fix apparance again at the mirror, put your accesoires back on.
Make sure you have a recolor and mesh for the accesoire, like alway's.
Now its fixed.(Save your game......as it will happen again if you dont.)

If it isn't fixed...and you are sure the necesarry recolor and mesh are installed, then you might have problems with your videocard drivers, reinstalling and/or updating them will fix it.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 01:32:11 am by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
Diva

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2007, 07:09:36 pm »

Absolutely fantastic! Thanks BlooM Wink

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Chopperchic

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2007, 07:11:32 pm »

Ok Thank you its a driver thing now I guess. I still get the blue flashy stuff. Its really no biggie though.

I figured the accessory cache might have become corrupt and deleting it might help. I figured it was a good time to clean up things a bit. I did the take off and put on trick also. Since I added more memory yesterday it wouldnt take as long to rewite those files.

So its on to drivers now. It looks awesome in bodyshop though. Thanks for the tip about getting a good look in bodyshop. I never could figure that one one out even when I read the tutorial for bodyshop. LOL (Doh)

Great work.

Thanks for your wonderful creations and the help also.:worship:

CC
JCSpencer

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2007, 10:28:07 am »

Amazing idea, excellent work, marvelous implementation. I love it - not much else to say. Every day I am surprised by things that I never thought possible. Thank you very much for sharing this, and LadyMystique for requesting it!

Join the Animal Army ... your site just might depend on it!
...- Admiral Anemone, Animal Army Naval Division
mikesimslover

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2007, 10:28:56 am »

wow very nice!!it will be nice to make 3d and realistic teeth Cheesy

and if I dream of you, I wake without you there...:smt120
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: