Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:29:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Few Questions on Bodyshop, Packaging, and CC  (Read 1609 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
djslippyman

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2007, 03:08:17 pm »

Sorry to ask so many at once but I amassed quite a few questions that I'd love to get answered before I try to play the game next week. I have done quite a bit of reading the last couple of days but did not see answers to these specific questions. I"ll keep searching but I'll update my post if I do find answers. :sad4:

1. Answered If I remove downloads (clothing/skins) that are in play already in the game will I receive an error or will they just generate to sims defaults (red shirt/kahki pants/default skins)? I'm wanting to refine and remove a lot of my skins and remove excess clothes but have a lot of families already in play.

yes, it`ll change to maxis defaults, or if the mesh is still in game, the clothes on your sim can get blue and look all weird. But it`s no harm, you can change them to something more decent  at least it`s how it looks in my game.

2. Answered (mostly) When organizing my downloads in the game (I have nightlife) by putting material in folders; I take it the clothing will they be viewable in that subfolder and in the main view. Any way to only have it viewable in only that subfolder? Are these reflected only in the game and not in windows folders in the my docs/downloads/ subfolders? Putting them in subfolders in Windows won't be reflected in the game, correct?

I have clothes specifically for my fat sims but am tired of sorting through the main clothing views and seeing both normal and fat clothes intermixed together.  Would i need to add all my skinny clothes to a folder in the game to see ONLY them? If if I re-introduce Warlock specific meshes clothings again I'd like to keep them seperate from my other clothes in the same way. If I need to put everything in a specific subfolder in the game (normal/fat/warlockD) i can but it would be very time consuming to touch every downloads for each of the 6 types of clothing.  

Unfortunately, cataloging clothing will not remove it from the "All" view.

3. Answered I assume that all the custom clothes are shown in order by name A-Z before Maxis content.  If I named all my fat clothes starting under a specific naming convention "Z_" (so they'd show up last) would they be all grouped together? (This could be a solution for question 2)

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Appears that they are not. Whole thread detailing the complexity of display order is here [/COLOR]

4. Answered When i save a project and upload a clothing design in my game i see the finished .package file in my project folder (which i assume i can share with others).  However I don't think this same package is duplicated in my downloads folder.  When the game loads the piece of clothing, where is it picking the file up from?  I don't want to delete the wrong package file if the game is expecting it to be in a particular place or lose it if I delete old projects in bodyshop.  

Q: Where is the finished project I just made in Body Shop?

A: The file you just completed is stored in the SavedSims folder this is usually located:

Windows 2000, XP, & Vista:
C:\Documents and Settings\*Your Windows Log-in Name*\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\SavedSims

But what about the files in the Projects folder?

Those files are useless to anything but to Body Shop, they are a sort of scratch pad for Body Shop to keep notes in. They will NEVER work in game

5. In bodyshop when you design a sim (again i have nightlife) and package it it does not include body or hair meshes but it does include all other custom content (skins/makeup), correct?  Does it include clothing or not? I've saved sims in body shop but had to re-select my clothing in the game each time as it appeared to not save my clothing choices from bodyshop selections. I hear Pets includes the meshes on packaging (and works once you have the patches) which may be an improvement in the process. Is this true and is an improvement if you want to share all items (content, meshes, and clothing)?

6. Answered I understand how meshes and clothing interlock but if I download a mesh but not the clothing affiliated with that mesh can I ever make my own clothing and assign it to that mesh? From my messing around in bodyshop I take it that I have to open a clothing affiliated to a mesh and then redesign or recolor it to use the same mesh.

If I'm redesigning a clothing CAN i find out if its tied to another mesh in my download folder or will i need to try to track down the original clothing to see if there was a mesh assigned to it?  Any program to help discover mesh/clothing tie-ins? I'd hate to redesign and share something affiliated with another mesh somewhere in my downloads folder that I do not know of.

In order to create a texture, you need to have one texture for it already so it shows up in Bodyshop. Maybe someone smarter than me on creating textures knows of another way with SimPE.
Thanks in advance.  Most of these are semi-related so i hope they won't be to tough to answer....:smt106
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 11:59:22 am by djslippyman » Logged

Cheesy Simposium The Ultimate Guide for Poses and Animations Cheesy
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 09:46:45 am »

Q2:  Unfortunately, cataloging clothing will not remove it from the "All" view.
Q6:  In order to create a texture, you need to have one texture for it already so it shows up in Bodyshop.  Maybe someone smarter than me on creating textures knows of another way with SimPE.
djslippyman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 12:04:06 pm »

Thanks for the answers guys.  

One follow-up question.  If I want to test redesigned or recolored content before I share it anywhere can i delete my old projects, take the pakages out of saved sims and then put them in the downloads folder and see if they still work correctly in the game?  

I found my finished projects in saved sims but along my multiple failed "sketches" and the multiple naming conventions to these so I want to make sure I have the right pkg and that it works as correctly as it did during the design phase.

Any problems with that?

Cheesy Simposium The Ultimate Guide for Poses and Animations Cheesy
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 01:26:21 pm »

Your created packages will be picked up by the game from the SavedSims folder as is.

You can delete things from the Projects folder, but then you would have to start from scratch if you want to change something.  Another option would be to move them out of the game's folders and into My Documents or something.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: