Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 04:29:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: help me downloading stuff using the sims file maid! please  (Read 2356 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Eternal Winds

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2007, 02:10:41 pm »

well wend ever I drag some file from winrar to the sims file maid it sais there is an error, some one please help me out, I dont get what's going on!

EDIT: now it sais that my winrar has expired... is there any way I could download stuff to my game without using winrar PS I only have the sims two instalment
Rogue777

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 02:23:05 pm »

You can use 7-zip instead of Winrar. It's a free program.
Eternal Winds

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 02:26:01 pm »

Quote from: Rogue777;804716
You can use 7-zip instead of Winrar. It's a free program.

oh my gosh, thank you so much, you saved my life! XD

EDIT: how do you use it? XD

EDIT oh nvm I found out  now that I try it again I get this

im very comfused
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 02:32:17 pm by Eternal Winds » Logged
Rogue777

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 02:34:18 pm »

That looks like a problem with the Sims File Maid itself. I've never used it, so I can't even tell you what might have caused that error. Someone on here who's also used it might be able to help you, but you might be better off asking technical questions to the person who created it.
Eternal Winds

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 02:36:18 pm »

Quote from: Rogue777;804733
That looks like a problem with the Sims File Maid itself. I've never used it, so I can't even tell you what might have caused that error. Someone on here who's also used it might be able to help you, but you might be better off asking technical questions to the person who created it.

alright, thanks! ^.^ but what do you use, I really dont wanna struggle with it if it's gonna keep showing up problems :*/
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 02:38:57 pm »

I don't use anything. I just open the rar file and extract them to My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads

I used to use file maid, but stopped a long, long time ago because it would botch up the extraction process more often than it would get it right.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Eternal Winds

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 02:47:34 pm »

Quote from: caffeinated.joy;804740
I don't use anything. I just open the rar file and extract them to My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads

I used to use file maid, but stopped a long, long time ago because it would botch up the extraction process more often than it would get it right.

thanks so much! i'll try that out! ^_^
AW, thanks so much!! it worked!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 04:03:10 pm by Eternal Winds » Logged
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 05:19:54 pm »

Quote from: Eternal Winds;804703
well wend ever I drag some file from winrar to the sims file maid it sais there is an error, some one please help me out, I dont get what's going on!

EDIT: now it sais that my winrar has expired... is there any way I could download stuff to my game without using winrar PS I only have the sims two instalment

WinRAR will require you to buy a licence after the 30 day free trial (has expired), when it asks you this just hit close and you will be able to continue using it. Smiley

americanbeauty
Download Addict

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007, 01:18:29 am »

Quote from: Eternal Winds;804735
alright, thanks! ^.^ but what do you use, I really dont wanna struggle with it if it's gonna keep showing up problems :*/

I had the same problem with  Sim File Maid 2, and  Matt wont help you,hes the creator of it,lol. I went to freeware files something and got a free program to use. it works on RARs and Zips and most any other download file.

~*~Americanbeauty~*~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: