Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 06:21:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Where's Sims2Carsource?  (Read 19795 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
RitoruBushi

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2007, 05:38:56 am »

Quote from: cellshaded;844719
Hi all, this is Vii.
Just to let you know, we are coming, but the eta still unknown.
Switching and migrating the whole forums and website, also, if I am not mistaken, adapting the current forum to a different script type forum.
Again, we are coming back, just hang on and be patient.
God Bless Everyone.
Vii, Super Mod at S2CS.net

Thank you cellshaded. While I have absolutely no clue who you are on the Sims2CarSource, your input and feedback is appreciated.

And thank you to all the forumers here that miss Sims2CarSource so much and that have been patient in waiting for them to get back up and running again. I'm sure that those that run the site there that have seen this thread greatly appreciate your support and patience.

By the way, to any that run Sims2CarSource, I love the Cadillac Cien!!!
cellshaded

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2007, 09:05:27 am »

Quote from: lewisb40;844869
Thanks so much for responding to the post. I will try to be patient.  My sims need that Chrysler 300. LOL!:-P

If I see Tre online, I'll tell him to send me the 300c, and will then upload it to rapidshare and send you like via pm, that is, if I see Tre online, since I am currently out of town, and not in the pc with Sims 2.
And thanks to all that wait patiently.
God Bless All
Vii.

Vii, Moderator at Sims2CarSource.net
cellshaded

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2007, 02:49:33 pm »

Talked to Tre, he is gonna address the situation soon.

Vii, Moderator at Sims2CarSource.net
Tre Zillah
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2007, 02:57:12 pm »

Hey.

Heres the deal.

The site went from shared hosting to Dedicated hosting due to the traffic it got.

Then our host decided it had crappy support.

My old host deleted my backup without notification.

So im in the process of retrieving my backup from dedicated host we canceled but is giving me a real hard time.  Ive got a new home for S2CS but all im waiting on is my backup.. Id hate to start S2CS over from scratch.  but will do if need be.  I'll keep in touch.
sims24evr

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2007, 05:00:26 pm »

thanks tre it is greatly appreciated because i cant stand not being able to go to sims2carsource

its driving me crazy:smt120
RitoruBushi

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2007, 06:26:00 pm »

I noticed that Tre Zillah is still releasing cars (on sites that you have to sign up and register at if you even want to view things, let alone download them).

TO ANY OF THE MODERATORS AT Sims2Carsource.COM:

Are the vehicles that he and the others are releasing going to be on the site when (and if) it comes back up?
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2007, 02:12:06 pm »

Sims Mod Board is the one he's talking about.  

It's a pretty cool place to go for different types of objects/hacked objects, some re-colors, etc.  So if anyone has any worries about signing up, you have my reassurance that there's some pretty interesting downloads there, especially from the resident creators.  Wink

RitoruBushi

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2007, 04:40:24 pm »

I'm sure it's a nice site, but there's some people that don't like to have to sign up at so many sites just to get a few downloads. Everybody's tastes are different. So what the majority views as good work the minority would see it as the exact opposite, and vice versa. I'm signed up at enough places as it is already and have no intention or desire to sign up at any more places. Besides, I signed up at Sims2Carsource, and if they ever get back up again chances are I'm gonna have to sign back up again. Some of the best sites out there with custom content for the game don't require you to sign up. Look at Parsimonious. Plenty of creators there and yet you don't have to sign up to download or even view the content. It just doesn't seem right to me. Signing up should be an option, not a requirement. It's especially not worth it if you have to sign up to just see what they have. How is a person supposed to decide if they should join another site based on "You must either be logged in or a registered member to view the content of this site"? That turns me away from a site.
toriamos

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2007, 04:59:34 pm »

sim mod board is a good site, katy76 has a lot of nice hacks.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2007, 11:03:14 pm »

I can understand that, Ritoru, because I feel the same way when it comes to that stuff.  I joined up before they made registration a requirement to actually view threads there, so I was able to get a preview of what they had.  Didn't even find out they changed the way a guest views the site until recently.  It's a real drag... they really do have some cool objects there, but it would be nice to at least let the guests see what they're getting into first... :?  

Personally, I don't like registering for a bunch of different sites, either, but if I see a few downloads/etc. that I feel are worth the risk, I'll sign up.

fall3nfaithl3ss
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2007, 02:22:41 am »

I agree with the petition, although i might be a little late on contesting my opinion. if there's anything i can do, i can donate some money, not much, but I can definiatly to help. another thing, i know its probably more of a neucience to people, but i have been looking all over the web for the BMW M3 GTR, the one from nfs: carbon, and i cannot find it. if somebody has it, it would be greatly appreciated. i had this vehicle, and then reloaded the sims, due to a problematic object. not knowing which one it was, i had to delete them all, and start over one by one. ive lost all of my cars, including this one. sorry for the drawn out post. thank you in advance to anyone who can help. my email is twistedpolitiks@gmail.com and to Tre Zillah, if i can help, email me.:-P
kere

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2007, 08:35:33 pm »

I have never heard of Sims2Carsource - and apprently discovered it far too late!!!!

I need to get out more.
shaunomenon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2007, 07:21:17 pm »

What's the deal? It's been over a month now. I don't think it'll ever be back.
PiperK1980

Abnormally Typical

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2007, 05:29:01 pm »

Chill out dude. It takes time to move to a new server. Especially if your fighting with the new cancelled host to get your backups. It could be them that's making the site come back or he has to start over.

Heres the deal.

The site went from shared hosting to Dedicated hosting due to the traffic it got.

Then our host decided it had crappy support.

My old host deleted my backup without notification.

So im in the process of retrieving my backup from dedicated host we canceled but is giving me a real hard time. Ive got a new home for S2CS but all im waiting on is my backup.. Id hate to start S2CS over from scratch. but will do if need be. I'll keep in touch.

Click here to join The Animal Army! It's good for what ails ya!!

X-Men Fan? Join today!
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2007, 06:05:06 pm »

When the site comes up, I definitely will be donating whatever to keep it going. Sims2Carsource have the most detailed, realistic, colorful vehicles and I refuse to get any others, except Fresh Prince. He has improved tremendously. I will wait patiently. *thumping on desk with pencil*, LOL!

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: