Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 07:06:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My game will not even load up and I keep getting some sort of red X message  (Read 1485 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Carida

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2007, 01:16:16 am »

Well generally like my title says, sadly my game is not loading. I double click to start it, I get the starting window and then after that I get this small window with a red X attached to it that doesn't say anything, and I have to only click OK and nothing else. It doesn't give me a message or anything of that nature. And when I take the CD out and put it back in, it doesn't even recognize the CD anymore.

Does anyone have a clue as to what I've done to my poor game? It might be because I leave the CD in all the time... but I am not sure...

Well if anyone has an idea, I would be most grateful. I'm actually going into withdrawal.. terrible really.

Thanks.

-C Smiley
Auronette

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 01:45:11 am »

Helpful advice from a master:

Quote from: ancienthighway;795735
First try deleting the groups.cache, accessories.cache if you have one of those, and cigen.package.  Those would be located in My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\.  Although it the thumbnails won't stop loading, you may want to delete the contents of the Thumbnails folder to so those will update.  If the game loads, it will take a while to put the indexes and create thumbnails for 9GB of data, so be patient.

If that doesn't work, you downloaded a mesh that isn't compatible with your game configuration.  Most likely it requires an EP you don't have.  Use Windows Explorer to search for 'mesh', sort the results by date, pull the ones you downloaded recently out and check out the game.  If it works, one or more of those you pulled are the problem.  Then it's just try and try again until you find the mesh(es) you can't use.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, I'd love to share what I've done at other sites. Please don't take it for granted, if you would like to upload my items to other sites, ask me. It may take a little while to get back to you, but you've got a 99.999% chance I'll do i
Carida

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 02:08:57 am »

Thank you so much, I will go try that Cheesy
dreamcatchermwh

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 02:29:37 am »

I recently had the same happen to me.What you need to do and your not going to like it.1st back up your files ,downloads and your nieghborhood well i had to copy everything.Then uninstall all of your sims2.I had to uninstall all ten and reinstall all ten And now averything works great.What happened to me is that blue screen kept happening and then i got a black screen and i had this happen to many times. I rebooted my comp. and then the game just would not load anymore,so i uninstalled seasons and this did not fix my problem.Only when i uninstalled all and reinstalled did everything work out well.If you need further assistance thiere are lots of info at mod the sims 2.And of course here at insim.      Good luck.

Appreciation is a wonderful thing . It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.:grin:
-Little-CJ-

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 06:56:29 am »

Yeah I got that once... I just deleted groups.cache, Once in a while it gets an error.. Nothing to worry about. I have recently had to delete it to.

ashleigh goddard, babe your my everything, i couldn't want anyone else, after you. because baby looking in your eyes is like having a glimpse of heaven. 1/3/09 til forever i love you xxx
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: