Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:30:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Paint.net V.S. Photoshop  (Read 2232 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Jank Falcon

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2007, 04:20:35 pm »

Aye there! So I've been moddin' around with this free program called Paint.net. It works great as far as I can tell, but I was just wonderin' if anyone out there uses this program now or has in the past, and how it compares to Photo Shop. Should I buy it? What would I be getting that I don't already have? etc. Thanks fer any input any of ya might have.
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 05:23:37 pm »

Wow this looks like a really neat program and all in open source programming. It looks like it allows for everything PSP or Photoshop does! And all you have to do is donate something? I'm gonna download it and give it a try Smiley Thank you for sharing the link several 100 dollars too late. rofl

Hmmm first thing I noticed, I don't see where it allows for the outside use of plugins/filters...no vector drawings, no real control over layer properties I want more control than just blurring something to give it a porcelain look or feel, there is a freeware plugin by Xero for that. Or to just choose the transparancy level of each layer. I have to have vector options, it's a must have for me. Sad Oh well it's a nice little program if all your looking to do it recolor something, or to add a few digital effects to an image, it comes with some nice filters/special effects and in an easy to understand user friendly format.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 05:40:14 pm by PegasusDiana » Logged

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Jank Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 08:03:40 am »

I'm almost afraid to ask Pegasus, but what in tarnation are vector options, and why do I want them? (Thanks for the reply BTW).
rebelmozzerella

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 10:38:14 am »

I have PSPXI and I've been expirimenting with some CC with it. Nothing is done (yet Wink) but it's coming along nicely.

he's the sweat on my sheets (:
Nymphy
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 05:25:08 am »

Hmm I havent tried Paint.net actually, so I am very interested to know what its like! I have Photoshop and Gimp (Gimp is also a free one Wink) and find them both fairly easy to use, but in many ways Gimp is more complicated then Photoshop...meh I am ranting LOL

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: