Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 05:49:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: Final Life *New*  (Read 25053 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
flid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2008, 06:36:32 pm »

The dreams stopped after that. Dani had tried many times to get back into ‘their’ dream world, but she never managed it. The rose however had given her hope. Hope that they had someway connected. Hope that one day she would see him again.

It had been months since that night, and although she wasn’t over him, she managed to put that side of her life behind her. Today was going to be a new start. She had a new job. A new chapter in her life.

It wasn’t a spectacular job. She would be the assistant to some top community guy. Answering his phone, taking messages etc, but it got her out and into the real world. She would be working in his home, that was where he did his business from. She hadn’t met him yet; his former assistant had interviewed her.

Dani pulled her car up in the car park of the house. It was amazingly huge. Double garages and a car park stood to the left. Then a mass of gardens, fountains and stone lined the front. The house it self was large even without the grounds it stood on. She looked up, so many windows, so many rooms. She was sure that she would easily get lost in a place like this.

The double front door was white and shining, the knockers were gold as was the handle, Dani wouldn’t have been surprised to learn that they were real gold. She knocked lightly on the door and waited. It was an unusual time to be starting work. The letter telling her she had been successful in her application had stated that she came at 6pm.

“You must be Danielle Deacans?” said the man who answered the door. He was young, probably no more than thirty. His dark brown hair was brushed back and he had a typical out of the bottle tan. The white shirt he wore made it look a little orange. “I’m Lex.”

“Dani.” She said as she took his extended hand and shook it.

Lex stepped back and opened the door further so that she could enter. Dani almost gasped as she looked around the vast hall. It was like walking into a history museum, only without the protective glass. The hall was filled with memorabilia from the 21st Century.

Lex smiled watching her in utter awe. “This way.” Said Lex indicating the door off to the right.

Dani muttered and apology, her head still taking in her surroundings as she caught up with Lex.

“This is Mr Brennan’s office.” He said as they went through the room to another door. The room was large, spectacular in its own right. It wasn’t like the hallway. While the hall held history, this room was very much today. Everything was silver and polished. The desk appeared empty, all except the panel that had been left open. Obviously whoever had used the office last, had forgotten it when shutting down.

Lex shut the door again and the locks clicked automatically into place. “They are controlled by palm recognition.” He said. “Everyone’s palm prints are in the systems, you get assigned rights, your hand is your pass. Don’t worry I’ll print you later”

Dani looked down at her hand as if her palm was already scanned..

“This is yours.” He said distracting her. She followed him in back into the room they had just come from. “Its linked up to Mr Brennans office. When he calls you, you go.”

“Understood.” Replied Dani. Her office was basically a mirror image of Mr Brennans. Just a little smaller.

“You have two offices. This one here and one at the club. Wherever Mr Brennan is, that’s where you’ll be. Just remember to be listening so that you can be in the right place at the right time. He’s fired people for less.”

Dani surveyed her office and swallowed. It was such a big step for her. She knew she could do the job, but Mr Brennan sounded harsh.

“What ever you do, no matter who they are do not under any circumstances let anyone into his office if they don’t have an appointment they don’t get in.”

Dani nodded.

Lex showed her around the rest of the staff area and took her prints. He left her alone in her office. Mr Brennan started work whatever time he liked, but was always in by 11pm. Dani’s hours were 6pm until whatever time Mr Brennan let her go home, unless of course she was otherwise instructed. She got Monday to Wednesday off.

Dani sat herself at her desk and switched on her computer. Lex had kindly left an instruction booklet of what she needed to set herself up with in order to do her job. Email addresses, phone numbers and addresses. She was just over an hour into it when a man walked into her office. He wore a torn pair of faded blue jeans and an equally faded black t-shirt. His black hair was swept of his face. She smiled up at him.

“Can I help you?” she asked.

He stopped and looked her up and down, his expression saying that he was not happy with what he was seeing. “No, not really.” He said.

“Mr Brennan?” from the way Lex had spoken about him, Dani had expected some middle-aged man with a beer belly and a receding hairline. But this guy was far from that. He was well built his body slender and toned and he didn’t look a day over thirty.

“The door locks number six one nine on your pad, you can let me in now.”

“Of course.” Dani said. Next to her desk was a small number pad, next to her number pad was a larger book with a list of what codes did what. She pressed six one nine.

Mr Brennan didn’t bother to shut his door behind him. Dani couldn’t help but hear as he yelled for Lex through his phone. She cringed, hoping that she’d never get called that way.

Dani had no idea how he had done it, but Lex was through her office and in Mr Brennans faster than a heart beat.

“What is that?” she heard Brennan asked.

“Erm…She is Danielle. Your new assistant. Danielle Deacans. Sir.”

“Deacans.” He yelled. “Get in here. Now.”

She didn’t argue. What could she have possibly done wrong in the whole five minutes he had been in his office.

“Were you not told that under no circumstances you are to let no one in here if they don’t have an appointment?”

“Yes…I er…thought…”

“You thought what? That I was Mr Brennan?”

Oh crap she thought to herself. “I just assumed that…”

“You just assumed that I was Mr Brennan? Did your mother never teach you not to make assumptions?”

“My mother is dead.” Said Dani flatly.

“Well these things happen.” He said and sat back in the chair. Dani stepped forward as the man began to open the draws on the desk.

http://www.simsmad.co.uk

A friend will bail u out of jail, but a best friend will be there with u saying, Damn that was fun!
SimulatedDork

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2008, 05:34:24 pm »

Your sims are always so gorgeous and your storytelling skills are priceless. Awesome!

-Gemma-
lilroselou

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2008, 07:43:22 am »

wow can't wait for more now, brennan may be a jerk but he's v.cool

*PLEASE VISIT MY STORIES, A PIECE OF LIFE A ROMMY DRAMA/THRILLER ABOUT A COUPLE WHO CANT HAVE A BABY AND MEET A YOUNG PREGNANT STRANGER...

AND [COLOR=mediumturquoise] ASHWELL BROOKS A MEDICAL DRAMA ABOUT THE NURSES AND PATIENTS OF ASHWELL BROOKS MEDICAL CENTER*[/COLOR]
babyblueheart

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2008, 10:36:20 am »

wow.. this is really good, flid. i love this new story.. and the love between Dani and Jerry! but i'm squeezing my eyes shut when it comes to the sad parts, and clicking my heels together that it all ends up happy.

What can i say, i'm a sucker for happy endings. with a little torture along the way :devill:

so yeah, looking forward to the rest of this! it's really, really good. ah, it's good to be back!

oh yeah, i forgot to say that i'm really suspicious of brennan.... i'll be like your amateur detective =D
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 10:38:36 am by babyblueheart » Logged

"out of all the lies you've told, i love you was my favorite."
"And he's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar/the only one who's got enough of me to break my heart"

Rest in Peace, Caleb Joshua 1/10/04-4/6/08
Join "America's Prom Queen" on NOW
flid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2008, 11:29:06 am »

your all assuming he is Brennan Wink

A friend will bail u out of jail, but a best friend will be there with u saying, Damn that was fun!
babyblueheart

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2008, 01:20:19 pm »

okay... or someone related/aquaintanced with brennan Wink

"out of all the lies you've told, i love you was my favorite."
"And he's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar/the only one who's got enough of me to break my heart"

Rest in Peace, Caleb Joshua 1/10/04-4/6/08
Join "America's Prom Queen" on NOW
flid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2008, 05:16:40 pm »

“Yes?” he said raising his eyebrows at her.

“I er…don’t think you should be going through the desk.”

“But its my desk.” He said. “Why can’t I go through my own desk?”

“You’re Mr Brennan?” she asked.

“Yes I am.”

Dani didn’t know if she should scream, shout or just walk over and hit him. Managed to hold herself back and not do any of them.

“You can have a weeks pay. Lex will see you to the door.” He said. Getting up from his seat.

“You’re giving me the sack?” she asked.

“Terminating your employment I think would be the correct term, but as you were only here an hour or so I wouldn’t really call it employment would you?”

“Terminating my employment?” she asked. “On what grounds?”

“Because you’re incompetent.”

“Incompetent?”

“Are you going to repeat everything I say? If so this is going to be a long conversation and I am a very busy man.

“Do you know something? Sack me I don’t care. Your so god damn rude and its not like I need this job anyway. No one talks to me like that, so you can just stick this job up you’re….”

He started laughing; Dani was so close to hitting him she could hardly restrain herself.

“That’s better.” He said as he got up and walked round to her.

“Better?”

“Nicholas Brennan.” He said holding his hand out to her. “Though just call me Nick.”

She took his hand and shook it with caution, waiting for him to pull it away and tell her that she was gullible as well as everything else.

Nick sat back at his desk and ignored both Dani and Lex as f they had never been in the room. Dani stood and stared, her mouth gaping open in total disbelief at what had just happened. Lex grabbed her arm and pulled her out of the office.

“You’ve just been tested.”

“Pardon me?”

“Tested. He does that to everyone.”

“So you mean he isn’t obnoxious really?”

“I didn’t say he mislead you, I just said you’d been tested. And yes, he is that obnoxious.”

“Great.”  Replied Dani. “Do I still have a job?”

Lex laughed. “Yes you do, believe me you’d know it if he had fired you.”

“Well that fills me with joy, joy feelings.”

Lex left Dani too it. She sat back at her desk and tried to get her head around what had just happened. No matter how much she played it over in her head, she still couldn’t work it out.

“Deacans.” Nick bellowed from his office.

“It’s Dani.” She said as she rushed into his office.

“What is?”

“My name, its Dani.”

“Oh, how sweet.”

Dani glared at him. She hadn’t even worked for him, for an hour and already she was imagining slamming his hand in the desk draw.

“Deacans.” He said emphasising her name on purpose. “Get me a car. We’re going to the club, you can drive cant you?”

“Of course I can drive.”

“Great, then get the car.”

Dani didn’t know how to reply to him. She didn’t even know which car he wanted, but she was damned if she was going to ask him. She’d just have to find Lex and get the information from him instead.

“Is there a problem Deacans?” asked Nick.

“No, should there be?”

“Well you’re still stood there.”

Dani opened her mouth to give him another verbal bashing; he sat back down and smiled, waiting for it. She clamped her mouth shut and smiled sweetly at him, she wasn’t going to give him the satisfaction.

Some women have no self respect. They had arrived at the club, and within less than a minute two women had already, quite obviously thrown themselves at Nick’s feet. They were in a hunter’s club. For every hunter, there appeared to be three women competing to be the ‘next’ meal.

Nick seemed to ignore every advance the women made though. He dismissed them as if they weren’t really there.

“Next time we come here.” Nick said completely ignoring the woman in front of him. “I suggest you dress a little more appropriately for the occasion.

“Well I’ll be sure to dress down to match you then, assuming you give me a little bit of notice like any decent employer would.” She replied.

Before she had chance to smile at her own wit, Nick laughed. It only added more fuel to her already overwhelming desire to hurt him. Not even Amanda could make her so mad, so quickly.

Nick stopped smiling as a man approached them, a hunter. He was tall, his height was almost dazzling. His skin and eyes were so pale. Dani stepped back instinctively towards Nick and he put his arm around her.

lilroselou

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2008, 01:33:25 pm »

oooh i love this story ~ but whats happened to jerry!

*PLEASE VISIT MY STORIES, A PIECE OF LIFE A ROMMY DRAMA/THRILLER ABOUT A COUPLE WHO CANT HAVE A BABY AND MEET A YOUNG PREGNANT STRANGER...

AND [COLOR=mediumturquoise] ASHWELL BROOKS A MEDICAL DRAMA ABOUT THE NURSES AND PATIENTS OF ASHWELL BROOKS MEDICAL CENTER*[/COLOR]
flid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2008, 02:47:00 pm »

he should be in the next update...dont worry he's about...I have plans Wink

ktggoodnight

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2008, 11:08:42 am »

OMG!! yay update- hes such a head f* i am loving it! hes exactly the guys i fancy. yay to Dani for standing up to herself! shes really brave - i wouldnt do that.

I am a Jerry Springer/Nip Tuck God in my sims world.
[/COLOR]
Is your sim starring in it?
LadyAzmodan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2008, 01:34:20 am »

Man i lost track of this story for quite some time. Finally i caught up! - and dammit woman! Now you will have me waiting for an update - evil clifhangers of the good. ^_^

flid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2008, 01:13:27 pm »

The man in front of them stared intently at Dani, she shifted uneasily as the weight of his gaze pressed down on her.

“You shouldn’t be here,” said Nick. “You should be –“

“I had to come. I had to see for myself. I always thought that I believed, but now I realise that I didn’t. I was just kidding myself all along.”

“Langdon,” said Nick trying to get his attention, but it seemed pointless.

“How can you stand it Nick?”

Langdon moved closer to Dani, so close that she could feel the material of his shirt against her. He closed his eyes as if he was in some kind of trance.

“Back off.” Nick said, pulling Dani closer to him.

Nick lifted his other hand and placed it on her face, making her turn her head towards him. He kissed her cheek and whispered. “Run to the bar, tell the woman there that we need AB dawn.”

Dani went to step back, but Nick tightened his grip on her arm and he pulled her back. His hand was round the back of her head so fast that she didn’t notice him do it. He kissed her, almost bruising, she didn’t have time to react.

“What do you think you are doing?” she said as she pulled her mouth from his.

“Saving your life.” He said pulling her into a hug so that he could whisper again. “Take this key, let yourself into my office and lock the door behind you. Do not answer the door to anyone but me.”

Dani felt his hand in hers and she took the keys from him. He realised her just enough to kiss her once more before fully letting her go.

Dani did as he asked her too. There was only one female at the bar serving so she assumed this was the woman he meant. Probably would have helped if he had given her a name too use. Ah well, she could pick at him later for it. Right now she had to concentrate on getting to his office. Wherever that was.

She ordered the glass of blood. The woman seemed to know what Dani was talking about, so Dani just left the barmaid to take it too Nick herself.

The staff area wasn’t hard to find. Pretty typical of any nightclub. Door located right behind the main bar. Dani hesitated as she went to enter the working area, but no body seemed to bother that she was just letting herself behind the bar and then into the staff area. Surely they had know idea who she was.

Through the door was a corridor with two or three more doors leading off. Dani walked a little further down the corridor, before she heard someone coming the other way. She could hear and man and a woman talking. The door on her left said ‘Nick Brennan’ on the plate. She didn’t realise how nervous she was, but her hands were shaking as she fumbled with the keys trying to unlock the door.

She gasped as the couple turned the corner, just as the lock clicked open. Jerry’s eyes connected with hers, she opened the door, dashed in and locked it behind her again. Her heart was hammering, and her breath was coming fast as she tried to shake the vision of Jerry from her mind. She pressed her back against the door and tried to regain some control over herself as she heard him walk closer and stop right on the other side of the door. The urge to step out was almost overpowering.

He walked away and Dani let out a breath.

Langdon smiled as they both watched Dani rush way. “You lucky sod,” he said. “But seriously, how do you stand being so close to her?”

“Because it’s my job. Cowan wants her, he’ll come and get her when he is ready,” replied Nick. “But tell me Langdon, why are you here? Other than blowing my cover I can’t really see a purpose. “

“I just had to see her. I had to see it and understand for myself. Don’t you see Nick? Can you imagine it? Once the Nosferatu is gone?”

Nick stepped closer to him and lowered his voice. “You better keep a lid on that excitement or it wont just be Dani that I’ll end, it’ll be you too, brother or no brother, don’t mess this up, now run back to Cowan before he sends out the search party.”

Langdon stepped even closer to Nick, “forgive me Nicky, for I have sinned,” he said a smile spreading over his face in some sinister grin.

Nick stepped back, turned and walked away from his brother. They may have been flesh and blood, but sometimes Nick wished that he was doing this without him. He was sure that Langdon would eventually mess things up, somehow.

Jerry tried to ignore the clawing inside himself. The urge to go back to Brennan’s office and tell her everything was crap, and how much he missed her. He ached to just hold her again and have her safe in his arms, but no, it was much better this way. This way she could live a free life. It was just coincidence that she was here. He hoped, he was certainly going to find out.

The bang on the door almost made Dani yelp and she sank a little further into Nick’s chair in hope that whatever was on the other side of the door would back away.

“Deacans, it’s me. Open the door.”

“Nick?”

“No, it’s the god damn tooth fairy. Open the door.”

In seconds Dani went from scared to mad. The nerve of him. She unlocked the door, but didn’t open it. He had two hands he could at least do that part himself. She was damned if she was going to.

Nick walked in and sat himself in the chair Dani had been using. She watched him as he loaded up his computer and went back to his normal ignoring of her.

“Are you going to tell me what that was all about?” she asked finally giving into the silence.

“Not really,” he said.

“Not really?”

“Oh please don’t start all that repeating me stuff, it gets really boring to hear my own side of the conversation back at me.”

“Well then give me some answers.”

“I did, just then. Were you not listening?”

“No you didn’t.” she said.

“Yes I did. You asked if I was going to tell you what it was all about. I said not really. See question and answer.” He said it in a tone as if he had been talking to a five year old and Dani was all but ready to kill him. He smiled at her, so innocently that all she could see in her mind was her hands around his throat throttling him.

“So as you won’t tell me what’s going on, then I’ll have to make my own mind up. You’re a rude looser whose only way to get a girl to kiss him is to make up some sorry ass line about being in danger and that the kiss was a cover to save her life.” Said Dani, pleased with herself.

“Deacons, if I wanted to kiss you. I’d just do it.”

“And who’s to say I’d kiss you back. I might smack you one straight in the mouth for even trying.”

Nick was up out of his seat and in front of her before she even had time to blink. She moved away, her back now pressed up to the wall next to the door. The only escape she had would be to dissolve through the bricks. Nick leant forward and kissed her. Pushing her head further back against the concrete. “See.” He said. “Told you that if I wanted to kiss you I could, and I didn’t feel you push me away either.”

There was a knock at the door and it opened before either of them had chance to react. Jerry stood there with no sign of his companion from before. “Should you not be working Brennan instead of entertaining women in the office?”

“Should you not be off disobeying your father instead of keeping an eye on me?” replied Nick.

“Being here is disobeying my father,” said Jerry, his eyes on Dani. Staring so hard that she wished she could back up further away.

“No, he wants you here. That’s why he told you too stay away.”

Jerry shot Nick a look, his eyes turned slightly red as they burned with anger towards Nick. “I’ll be watching you.” He said as he left, casting one last look at Dani, before closing the door behind him.

Dani remained glued to the wall as she studied Nick. His cool exterior had gone in an instant. Jerry had certainly changed Nick’s mood. She almost dared to comment on it, but she could feel that to do so would be foolish.

“Deacans. Go and get me a drink.” He snapped not even looking at her.

Jerry was talking to a woman when Dani went to the bar. She tried so hard not to look at him, but it was like and instant reaction and she couldn’t stop her eyes wondering in his direction. It was an effort to make herself look away and concentrate on the bottles of blood behind the bar.

She didn’t see as Jerry stared at her intently while she faced away from him. The woman in front of him continued their conversation, but now the words went over his head and he heard nothing.

Dani looked back and he looked away just before she caught him.

“Here you go.” Said the barmaid.

“Oh, how much?” asked Dani, her thoughts brought back to what she was supposed to be doing.

The barmaid laughed. “It’s for Nick.”

It took Dani a second to realise what the girl meant. She looked back to Jerry, but he was gone, as was the woman. She felt a pang of jealousy and disappointment as she stared at the empty space.

flid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2008, 07:52:53 am »

Nick eventually let Dani finish around 4am. She didn’t realise just how tired she was until she sat down. Kicking her shoes off, she leant back into the sofa and let out a sigh. Her feet ached, her head was thumping and her back was so stiff she felt like she had been sat in one position forever. She was glad the house was quiet, Dani half expected Amanda to be sat waiting up for her.

The thought of Amanda soon made Dani sit up. Why wasn’t she sat up waiting? Why weren’t any of the lights on when she came home? No they were…weren’t they. Dani couldn’t remember if she had turned them on or not. It was rare Dani was out this late, but Amanda would not have had the house in darkness, even if she had gone to bed. Suddenly the quietness didn’t feel so good anymore, it felt heavy.

Dani laughed at herself. She was being stupid. Maybe Amanda’s cautiousness was finally getting to her, or maybe she was just too over tired. She leant back again and closed her eyes. “Gad damn it.” She said opening her eyes again a few seconds later. “I’ll just walk round the house. Everything’s fine.”

Kicking her shoes out the way, Dani opened the door and listened for any noises upstairs or anywhere else in the house, as she expected it was quiet. She went into the kitchen. Nothing looked out of place. The curtains were drawn, the washing up was done and the place was generally tidy, but something just felt…wrong.

Closing the kitchen door again she headed upstairs, the uneasy feeling pressing harder and harder against her, the closer she got to the top of the stairs. It wasn’t just quiet, it was silent. She opened the bathroom, nothing wrong there. The spare bedroom, as with the rest of the house just as it should be.

She stood outside her door, her hand on the door knob, she couldn’t force herself to turn it and open it, but she could certainly feel the cold feeling from her room. The feeling that when she opened the door she wasn’t going to like what she saw.

“Get a grip Dani.” She whispered to herself and something banged downstairs almost making her yell out as her heart gave an almighty thud against her ribs.

She opened her mouth and let out her breath as slowly as she could manage trying to calm herself. “Open it, open it.” She thought to herself cringing as she made her hand turn the doorknob and push the door open.

Nick pinched the top of his nose between his eyes and slouched back into his chair, trying to relieve some of the tension he had felt from the evening. He wasn’t normally so on edge. Damn Langdon for coming to the club, he knew the rules knew what the plans were. No doubt Cowan would be on his back once again as to why he couldn’t keep his brother under control.

As if on cue.

Nick didn’t even get chance to speak as he put the receiver to his ear, Cowan’s stern voice filled the air as Nick sat back and sighed.

“Can you not handle this Nick? Would you like me to pass the girl onto someone else? Someone more capable?” asked Cowan.

“I can handle it.”

“Maybe you can.” He said, “But can you handle your brother?”

“I can handle Langdon.”

“It doesn’t appear that way to me. Maybe I should just go and kill the girl myself tonight, get it over and done with. I mean she is ‘alone’ at the moment.” He said emphasizing the word alone so that Nick got the point.

Nick stood up. “I can handle this. And I can handle Langdon…”

“You better, or it won’t just be her life the Nosferatu will be morning.”

Nick slammed his phone down on the table almost hard enough to break it. If Cowan killed Dani himself then what could he do? Cowan would probably come after him and his brother, either that or Aboas would. Either way this would not be a good ending for him.

Dani had left a stack of invoices on his desk before she had left. He grabbed them, almost tearing them. He searched and searched through the filing cabinet, trying to find the right folder to drop them into, but for the life of him he just couldn’t do it. His head was else where. He leaned himself over the open draw, resting on the files.

The door opened and Jerry came in, his face not that of a happy man. Nick turned, but didn’t move from his resting spot.

“Well aren’t I the popular one tonight?” said Nick. He went back to his filing, finally managing to get the invoices into the right files, or at least he thought it was correct. Dani would probably tell him he was wrong tomorrow.

“Has she gone?” Jerry asked.

Nick pushed the draw shut with a click. “Yes.” He said.

“When?”

“I dunno, fifteen minutes ago…more maybe?” replied Nick.

“Where has she gone?”

“Home probably. Why do you care?” asked Nick.

“I don’t.”
“Well it sure looks that way to me.” Said Nick. “You’ve done nothing but hover around here all night. Just because you blew it with her doesn’t…”

Jerry moved so quickly. He was older and faster than Nick and had him pinned up against the wall before either of them had time to blink. He opened his mouth to say something, but closed it again and they just stayed there staring each other out, until Jerry let go and let Nick stand back down on the floor.

Nick brushed his hands down the front of his T shirt smoothing out the creases from where Jerry had just held onto him. If his heart could beat it would be thumping against his chest in anger right now. But it couldn’t, and it didn’t. It was silent. He could hear Jerry’s though. He could hear the blood flowing round his body powered by the gentle thud, thud of his heart

Nicks eyes began to change, he felt his fangs pierce the flesh of his lip as they began to descend. The emotions coming from Jerry mixed in with the sound of blood flowing through his veins was so enticing. Aboas had been right.  

Nick closed his eyes and tried to concentrate on making his fangs retract. It had been so long since he had tasted real blood, so many years without the feel of his teeth breaking through the skin on warm living flesh, tasting the life that floated on the blood as he swallowed.

Jerry knew what Nick was thinking, knew what he was going through. It had been so long since he had had this effect on other hunters, vampires just like him. It was almost time, he knew it deep down, but he was going to go down fighting. He was going to save her, this time.

The look on Nick’s face as Jerry had left him, hadn’t been the look of anger or fear, but pure craving. Jerry hadn’t realised how hard it had hit him. He hadn’t seen that look since Bryan. Jerry hesitated at the path. He hadn’t been here in so long. He knew there was nothing but a bed full of empty shells. It pained him to see the markers. Headstones, so many of them, so many people he had loved and lost. All of them gone before him. He couldn’t add one more to the line it wasn’t right. She didn’t deserve to be put here.

He knelt. “Leigh Thompson”. The name fell from his mouth to a whisper. “Why? Why did you have to do it?” he asked the silent stone. He traced his fingers over the letters of her name.

“Because it’s what’s meant to be.” Said a voice behind him. “But you know that already.”

Jerry didn’t turn around, he knew the voice. He knew who stood behind him. Instead he looked down at the ground watching as he ran his hand through the dirt as if in some way that would help. A small delicate hand ran across the top of his back until she reached his hair. She stopped, walked round him and knelt, making him look at her.

“Otani.” He said.

oddball011

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2008, 12:42:06 pm »

omg!
flid you rock!
this story is so suspenceful
i cant wait for the next chapter!

LAX is whats up.
Elven_Song

=3

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2008, 01:58:15 pm »

Awesome! I missed the update of the last few chapters but now I've finally caught up to say that you still got it, flid! =] Keep these chapters coming.
Aghh! the suspense! >.<
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: