Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 06:37:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone had problems starting the game after the second seasons patch.  (Read 5394 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
verucatopanga

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2007, 01:09:45 am »

I recently had problems with my game after patching it with the second seasons patch that has come out. I did everything i was supposed to do like take out cc, hacks, and even uninstalled the program that lets me looks at stuff im putting in my game before installing the patch but once i patched the game didnt want to play at all. So i was wondering if anyone else has had similiar problems with this patch. I weighing how much i want to patch at this point. I had to uninstall my game to fix the problem last time. now my game is playing fine no patch.
Carinthe

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 06:58:37 am »

yes, I had that too. After installing the patch, it just didn't read the disk anymore. I gave up an and are now playing a patchfree game.
Patches, downloads and upgrades are dangerous for big neighbourhoods. On top of that I lost all my saved games as well, making me start from scratch for the millionth time. The bugs are really minor. My sims do fine as they are now.
I know I am hooked, but at a certain moment a person just has to stop improving the game.
verucatopanga

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 02:14:33 am »

thanks Im sorry your having trouble with the patches too.
CynaraBlade

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 03:17:10 am »

Okay...that makes me even more apprehensive about downloading the patch, now that you've mentioned it!

:blob6:
FallenAngel86

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 10:16:21 am »

Man i'm glad i didn't patch it this time around.

Vote Ron Paul For President and save America and your Rights and Liberty RonPaul2008  
In 2008 make your vote count. Vote Ron Paul.
HOPE For America.  myspace-ronpaul
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 12:51:21 pm »

The patch has not caused me any problems personally, I strongly suggest people install it.
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2007, 12:00:08 am »

I haven't had any problems with the patch either.

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
Carinthe

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2007, 05:12:53 am »

My game is doing fine without it. What exactly does it do?
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2007, 06:55:37 pm »

There is a list of about 50 bugs it is fixing.  All the fixes are listed on the Sims 2 sites.

You might think your game is running fine without it but sooner or later, you will be face to face with some bugs the patch fixes.
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2007, 08:28:11 pm »

There seem to be a lot of people having problems with the second patch, the first one I never heard so many problems in the forums but this second one I've been reading problems everywhere about people having to uninstall and reinstall their game going back to get the second patch and same thing again. I downloaded both patches they seem to be working ok for me. Knocking, no make that pounding on wood. lol

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
FallenAngel86

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2007, 12:47:22 pm »

PegasusDiana: I love your signature. It's a great idea. Wonder why people didn't think about it before.

Vote Ron Paul For President and save America and your Rights and Liberty RonPaul2008  
In 2008 make your vote count. Vote Ron Paul.
HOPE For America.  myspace-ronpaul
keifus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2007, 11:42:38 am »

I found if my game won't start I delete the cache files and it will then start no problem.
Zirconia Wolf

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2007, 09:01:32 am »

Quote from: keifus;817628
I found if my game won't start I delete the cache files and it will then start no problem.

I was just about to cry for help about this very problem & am going to try your advise first! (I have been playing just swell with all-packs-up-to Seasons/Celebrations + the "3rd" Seasons patch untill my PC just quit reading my disk! )

So..er...where do I find the cache files?

-ZW

*** Self-Proclaimed leader of the MoonBats! ***
carlymichelle

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2007, 10:34:12 am »

no problems here with it
LauSim

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 09:00:41 am »

It's me, It's ME!

I had "starting game" problems since I installed the second Seasons patch. The only way to start the game was deleting .cache files in my The Sims 2 folder.

And still I have to delete them almost any time I start the game. Otherwise it doesn't start.

I've read about similar problems in many TS2 forums around the net, and many of them are very recent topics. I can not help thinking that latest Seasons patch is somehow related.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: