Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 05:12:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Ideas?  (Read 2487 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
garethnixon4

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2007, 09:03:17 am »

i have recently restored my pc (to when i bought it) i have put all my sims games back on downloaded the insimenator, which will no longer work as i now do not have a download file for custom content. The download wont work just in the EA folder, any ideas??? thax 4 any help i n advance
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 09:24:49 am »

The downloads folder isn't created by the game when you install it (in my case anyway) so you're gonna have to make it yourself:

EA Games -> The Sims 2 -> Downloads*
Make sure you type it with a capital 'D', people have reported that sometimes it won't work as a 'd'..
garethnixon4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 09:30:15 am »

thanx
garethnixon4

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 09:36:08 am »

Well that hasn't worked either any other suggestions? i dont think its possible 2 cope wivout inSIM once u hav had it
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 09:55:12 am »

Did you put in in the MY DOCUMENTS -> Ea Games... ?
garethnixon4

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 09:57:45 am »

i did
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 10:03:44 am »

And you're sure that you enabled all custom content? Usually when you reinstall the game it gives hassles with that where you have to go into the game, enable all custom content then exit the game and enter again for it to show up?
garethnixon4

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 10:21:05 am »

i have done that, i even got the game to form the download folder by using body shop but its stil not picking any of the downloads up
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 05:35:59 pm »

Did you re-install the latest patches for your EPs?  Maybe that has something to do with part of this whole thing.

This has been happening to a lot of people lately... I can't seem to form a solution for this myself as to why some people's custom content won't load no matter what they've done right...  :?

garethnixon4

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 01:24:55 pm »

right i have tried all of these suggestions and i have stil had no luck, i have also removed all the sims games and put the sims 2 (no expansions) back on and i stil had no joy. I then restored the computer again n reinstalled the sims 2 and stil no luck, has anyone got any other suggestions
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2007, 08:32:07 am »

There have also been some instances that even re-downloading objects doesn't work... I know of one person who has tried everything, yet there are still no results.  :shock:  I think EA did something funny in either the patches, or most likely in the EPs... maybe they have an answer for this issue somewhere.  I just hope this doesn't happen when Bon Voyage hits the shelves.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: