Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 09:16:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I need a little technical help.  (Read 2082 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Terisimmian

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2007, 03:31:37 pm »

Ok. I play my sims on a very large lcd monitor (I think it is 19 inches by 25 inches). I see a lot of screenshots on several different websites that look absolutely stunning, but when the downloaded content shows up in my game, it often looks blurry or pixellated. This is especially disturbing in categories such as facial makeup and hairstyles. I know some of it may be due to the creators' knowledge of what they were doing, but all/most of the content in my game looks like that! Should I be playing at a 1440x900 screen resolution, or switch to another to get rid of this rather annoying effect? I have a highly advanced graphics card that handles the weather effects in seasons without a problem.

I love my sims. I might like yours too...
bluetexasbonnie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 08:18:37 am »

Have you changed your sim graphics settings in the game?  The default settings give really bad pics.
Terisimmian

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 08:02:52 pm »

I did change the detail to "high quality" on most of the graphics options instead of the default settings. I figured my computer could handle it, but I'll try switching around those settings to see what works best... hopefully I'll be able to find something that works for me.

Carinthe

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 05:18:34 am »

you might need to give more technical imformation. I don't think Sims 2 is 100% compatible with all graphic cards.
Maybe you should try playing it in a window, not entirely full screen.
Terisimmian

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 10:05:39 am »

More technical information? Tell me what you might need and I'll try to find it for you.

Carinthe

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 11:30:44 am »

Quote from: Terisimmian;814069
More technical information? Tell me what you might need and I'll try to find it for you.

It's not for me. I am not technical at all, but the size of your monitor should not really matter. It's more the kind of graphic driver, computer and graphic card people need. Maybe someone can help you.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 12:09:55 pm »

Click on Start>Run and type in "dxdiag". The front tab will display your processor and RAM, and the display tab will give the information on your video card. All three of those things working together will affect how well your game performs.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: