Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 04:52:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help regarding installing!  (Read 2531 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Flour

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2007, 05:23:56 am »

This is how it goes:
  I just installed the Sims 2 and the Sims 2 Nightlife. Then, I realised that on the loading screen, it won't finish loading for me so I tried to test and see which mod is causing the conflict. Then, I remembered that I haven't download the patch by thesims2.ea (not that it causes the conflict) so after I've downloaded that Nightlife patch, everything just won't work. I keep getting this error:

"'A problem occured when trying to transfer the file 'D:\TSBin\Sims2EP2.exe' from the media.
Do you want to retry to copy the file, or cancel the installation?"

I decided to re installed everything and everything went smoothly until I'm about to install Nightlife and this error keeps popping out whenever I'm around 28%! I've tried to go to the location and delete off this file but it says something like this is a "read-only etc" and can't be deleted or removed from that location.

Can someone help me?:blob6:

"Death is but crossing the world, as friends do the seas; they live in one another still. For they must needs be present that love and live in that which is omnipresent."

Will Penn, More Fruits of Solitude
Flour

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 01:16:37 am »

Someone help me? I can't install Nightlife because it keeps saying that it can't transfer the file "D:\TSBin\Sims2EP2.exe" but I can't delete the file so I cannot install Nightlife. Anyone knows how to get rid of it?

EDIT: O suddenly, everything went normal again, the file disappear itself! Problem solved! Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 01:49:09 am by Flour » Logged

"Death is but crossing the world, as friends do the seas; they live in one another still. For they must needs be present that love and live in that which is omnipresent."

Will Penn, More Fruits of Solitude
xHannaHx

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 02:09:59 am »

i would but A. I don't own nighlife
 and B. I've never had this problem. my game runs smooth as silk. i've never had any errors occur so far.

lol, just noticed the edit part..i made a dork of my self..again! when will i learn?

Planning a sim wedding? In need of the perfect gown? Your search shall be no longer. Check out my set of 3 wedding gowns:love8:
Click here To get me in your game. You know you wanna :dance:
[/FONT][/SIZE]
robert1967

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 07:38:09 am »

check your disc for scraches and fingerprints, if it is badly scrached you will have to buy a new disc, hopefully it is only a finger print, and remember when you clen your disc, only use cloth, not paper towels.

good luck on the reload, it takes me just a bit over 2 hours to reload my sims because of all the addons.

Robert

I can take a box of wood (balsa) and make it fly, can you ?!?
Nita-Chan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 04:22:47 pm »

The same thing happened to me with my Seasons game, only it stopped at 8%. Shocked  I got a new disk, and it worked. xD

But you solved your problem already, so yay for my two cents. xD!!
WickedKitti

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 07:47:24 am »

Hello everyone, I'm new and desperate, lol.

I had Sims 2 the holiday edition installed on my computer. Not too long ago, I got the Pets expansion pack. It installed just fine, and ran just fine.
Well, a little message had popped up advising me to back up my files from Sims 2. I didn't. I didn't figure I'd ever mess with that one again.

So yesterday, I got the Seasons expansion pack, and it would get to 10% and give me the message, 'A problem occured when trying to transfer the file (whatever its name was) from the media. Do you want to retry to copy the file, or cancel the installation?'
I got aggravated, and thought that it was probably because I didn't back up the original Sims 2 files.

To make a long story even longer, I uninstalled Sims 2, and haven't been able to reinstall it, because it gives me the same message it did on the Seasons one.

I'm so sad right now! lol. I've tried everything I can think of. Another site said that if there was scratches on it it wouldn't do it, so I manually moved the files off the cds into folders, then tried the autorun. It gave me the error message at 0%.

So now I'm stumped, and oh-so-sad. lol.
Any new ideas? Sad
robert1967

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 08:40:18 am »

try using a diffrent cd-rom drive, if you know someone with a usb drive you could barrow that could help.

I can take a box of wood (balsa) and make it fly, can you ?!?
WickedKitti

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 10:06:00 am »

Thanks Robert...
But, I finally got it to install. DirectX wasn't on my computer, so once it was, it went through okay, until I put the 4th CD in. It got to 77% and gave me the error message again.
So I cheated and copied the files from that CD onto my C: drive before I hit retry, and it finished.

Only now, in Pleasantview, the graphics are all messed up, and in Strangetown the ground has huge peaks in it for no reason. So I probably screwed something up further, lol.

So I guess my next question is: I don't care about the original Sims 2. I just want the Season expansion pack to work, lol.
Will the fact that Sims 2 is acting like that affect the expansion pack?

If it wont matter, I need to figure out how to back up the files so I don't have issues again with installing an expansion pack.

Thanks in advance! Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: