Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:22:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Converting Bodyshapes Using Meshtool and Poser Magnets  (Read 29515 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Bakajin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2007, 07:04:11 pm »

Thanks Warlokk, you must have been posting as I was. Smiley I'll keep trying with the Rio set. The other sets are working great! Thanks for your hard work. And thanks TMO for the tutorial.
themysticalone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2007, 09:36:20 am »

Quote from: Warlokk;867697
If it's an explosion when applying the magnets, I get it too, all the time... believe me I wish I knew how to fix it, I think it's a program glitch, 'cause if you delete and re-apply the magnets a few times, eventually it will work fine.

Oh man, I hate magnetsplosion.  It happens to me most often when I've edited the spline curve of the magnet.  If I delete the inflection points ( or whatever they're called), it usually universally does it to me, so I just move them to a striaght line as a basis.  But sometimes it occurs for other modifications.  I haven't really found rhyme or reason for it, but it doesn't ever happen if I leave the curve alone.

Fodi is my comic.
Looking for a nice, organised table of all the bodyshape base sets and my recolors and conversions? Look here: Bodyshape Links
Warlokk
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2007, 12:32:40 pm »

Yup, same here, when I alter the Magnet Zone... which I do a lot, so I deal with this all the time.  Definitely the most annoying bug in the program.  I'll have to try the Not Deleting the Point thing though, maybe it'll reduce it some.

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
jtp10181

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2007, 12:13:17 am »

Wow! Glad I found this. I was doing it all wrong. Is there a secret trick to deleting all the magnets at once? Thats the only annoying part.
Warlokk
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2007, 06:34:22 am »

Nope, once you create the morph target, you have to delete them one by one... don't go too fast though, you might accidentally select your body mesh and delete that by mistake, then you have to start over... dunno how many times I've done that... Tongue

MixdCrysy
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2007, 08:22:51 am »

'we were exporting this object for use in Milkshape, we would export it standing up like this'

I am curious about exporting to milkshape. Would I export the morph made to an .obj ?
And if so, would it be a single frame or multi frame?

Checkout my Creations & Please read  My Policy , thank you in advance.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2007, 08:40:19 am »

I have no clue wat you guy's talking about.
I apply the magnets and export as obj, thats all i do....
Never delete any magnets, why? Its not that you export them with the obj file or anything...

No longer active
MixdCrysy
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2007, 04:25:27 pm »

So, Bloom, you export as an .obj and them import into milkshape, and it works fine? Would that remove all the bone assignments (I heard that somewhere)? For some reason, I cannot correctly use meshtool :dontknow:, it just doesnt work for me (BTW, completely my own fault, I dont really know what I do wrong...).
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 06:13:19 pm by MixdCrysy » Logged

jtp10181

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2007, 08:34:01 pm »

Bloom - if you make a morph you can delete the magnets and apply new ones and make another morph. This can save some time. Then when you are done you rotate the body to its back and export one by one.

OK Poser is really annoying me now. The first set of magnets I loaded just hitting "DEL" would delete them. After that I had to use the menu for them all. This is going to get old really fast!
Warlokk
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2007, 09:01:08 pm »

jtp's right as far as just creating Morphs to save time... I usually load up a bunch of magnet sets and make the top and bottom morphs, that I can then mix and match for the various sizes, and for my fat and preg morphs.  However as long as you just export the body.obj, and not the magnets, you could possibly skip this step, but I've honestly never tried it... makes sense though.

Mixd-- The .obj will not have any bone assignments or anything in it, it's just one step towards making the in-game mesh... it then needs to be combined with the morphs and bone assignments, either manually with the .objx tool for MilkShape, or with the Mesh Tool.  BlooM was just referring to the fact that you can skip the deleting of all the magnets and export directly to the finished .obj, which could be easier when working with a single shape... I never really thought about it, I always made morph targets.

jtp-- That's pretty bizarre, never had that happen... Delete key works fine for me every time.  Maybe you could try reinstalling Poser, it may be all jacked up... :dontknow:
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 09:03:14 pm by Warlokk » Logged

MixdCrysy
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2007, 09:09:08 pm »

Thanks War, I have been trying to learn how to use poser, scince I paid for it and staring at the icon on my desktop was making me infuriated. I will keep at it, sooner or later I will have to get it right. I was just hoping for an easier conversion method, as far as the shapes... moveing each verticle to an .obj of the shape I want is getting tireing...Thanks agian. Smiley

jtp10181

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2007, 09:31:18 pm »

Speaking of preg morphs... is there anything special that needs to be done to not screw up the preg setting? I have not really tested it out in game yet.
MixdCrysy
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2007, 09:39:19 pm »

Question: Does anyone else get mesh explosions with meshtool? Or is it only me? Every time, it never fails. I succeded in finally succeded in poser to make it the desired shape, but it still explodes on import with meshtool.

jtp10181

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2007, 10:18:59 pm »

I've never had it happen. I read it will happen if there is more than one mesh together, like on an alpha dress. When you import the obj into meshtool it tells you a number, if its more than 1 you are in trouble.
MixdCrysy
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2007, 11:27:18 pm »

Quote from: jtp10181;1047344
I've never had it happen. I read it will happen if there is more than one mesh together, like on an alpha dress. When you import the obj into meshtool it tells you a number, if its more than 1 you are in trouble.

Thanks Smiley, I figured out a way around that, for this particular mesh. Since I am doing the afbodyslip, I exported only the top half of the gmdc (this mesh is split with the upperbody as the first body and a second for the legs and feet). Then I 'shaped' it in poser, exported as .obj, made mesh with meshtool, imported the gmdc/simpe file made by meshtool into milkshape, and its ok know. Just need some minor editing, but alot less time than how I used to do it Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: