Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 10:13:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone Seen This Before?  (Read 5165 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
nbny

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2005, 09:44:11 pm »

It's the strangest thing...
His head is white, but the rest of his body is black.   I first noticed this when I changed the default skin color, and I managed to fix his son, but I can't figure out how to fix him.  So more details: When I try to change his appearance in the mirror, he appears black.  But, when I save changes and return to normal, he still appears white.  What gives?

I am more than open to suggestions.

*attached image removed*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:18:58 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged
sierradane

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 10:00:27 am »

That's certainly strange.  I wish I could help.

Love the curtains btw.  And the humerous side of me might answer: Maybe he has the Michael Jackson skin condition.  Then I would duck the pillow you might throw at me for that answer.
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 10:05:19 am »

lmao sierra that's what it looks like.....nbny what were you using to try to change the skintone?
Teresa

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 10:18:29 am »

The icon shows it has been done this way..
did you download this or create it?
have you pulled out the default to see if it goes back to normal?

I came upon a concrete ball which triangles in the wind!

Check out this wonderfull site... link below

http://www.insimenator.net/

Make a Difference and Give a child a Hug!
nbny

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 02:43:15 pm »

Maybe he has the Michael Jackson skin condition.

:lol:         I was thinking the same thing.       I can think of all kinds of jokes for this one.........   {This dude's just like Michael Jackson... He doesn't know if he's Black or White!}

nbny what were you using to try to change the skintone?

I was playing around with the default skin changer in SimPe.  Seems to work good for the most part...  

One more thing, when I change his age to Elder, he shows up as being black and not white.
hazard04

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2005, 05:57:22 pm »

I had a problem similar to that once. Except it happened when a sim graduated from college and as soon as he grew up BAM! His face was some type of binary code. Quite sick really.

The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss, and move silently among us.
VampGirl

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2006, 09:51:41 am »

thats strange... really oh.
Maybe if you leave him in the sun a time his face will get some color... lol i was joking!

"Only brave souls live according to their desires":tongue5:  :evil5:
Melissa

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2006, 12:26:37 pm »

That is funny, I want a guy like that for my game! I wish I knew what the heck it was so I could tell you how to fix it, but if anything, it's a Michael Jackson SIM.

I hope you figure it out!

Melissa

:animal:
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2006, 12:37:15 pm »

I had the same problem recently when changing my default skintones.

I found a combination of using the mirror and changing eyebrows to another an then back to the ones that sim had & then saving  and exiting the lot usually fixed it, sometimes I had to do it a couple times though.

I also had luck (before figuring out the above method) with aging a sim but it couldn't be just aging ("select age" not "grow up" using InSim) an adult to elder and back, I had to age down (or up)  a couple ages. ie; teen/adult down to toddler then back up to teen/adult and sometimes having to then save and exit for the proper skintone to stick. But this method also resets their age (how many days left)

I think the game just burps sometimes *rolls eyes*

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2006, 02:29:52 am »

Quote from: hazard04
I had a problem similar to that once. Except it happened when a sim graduated from college and as soon as he grew up BAM! His face was some type of binary code. Quite sick really.

Oh, hey, finally. I had that too, but never heard of anyone else.

I thought it was something to do with having sent town kids to Uni, then adding the nightlife expansion. I haven't sent town kids to Uni anymore since

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Thanhlienh

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2006, 05:56:33 pm »

Have you got the InSiminator installed? If so, try to 'restore' him with that. I can't quite remember what part to click on but you'll find it after a bit of poking I'm sure... The InSiminator fixes a lot of weird glitches like this. It couldn't really hurt, I don't think.

Incidentally, the above referenced Michael Jackson condition is called vitiligo. In people who have this condition, parts of the skin just don't do pigment. It's a bit rough for people who have it, since the unpigmented skin burns very easily and they have to be very careful to protect it, and also they can appear blotchy, which makes people look at them funny. Personally, I think it looks pretty cool. If you're interested in having sims in your game with this kind of look, do please go here:
Genensims.com
There's a lot of excellent work on this site, and some very unusual skins!

Miao.
frodobaggins

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2007, 03:11:03 pm »

use insiminator to change appearance.The make up is off somehow.just click ok(checkmark)and it should fix it.I had to change hair style to fix a baldie also.
tonyaj7

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2007, 03:38:25 pm »

I've seen this before, I think you have too many skin defaults installed.

Take out all defaults (trust me) and get some different ones.  That way, you'll know what you want.  Or you can figure out which are the default replacement files and remove the ones you don't want.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: